Landing in Montreal, need original CSQ?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

Will make this as short as I can. I've applied under family class to sponsor my wife to come live with me here in Quebec. It's an outland application, so she currently lives in Russia. I expect that I will receive the CSQ for my spouse shortly, and after that the COPR and all the other federal documents. She will receive all the federal documents through the visa center. However, it will leave the original CSQ in my possession here in Quebec. It is my understanding that she may be asked to provide her CSQ during her landing interview in Montreal.

Do I need to send her a scanned copy, or do I have to send her CSQ through the mail and cross my fingers that it makes it there safely, so that she can present the original CSQ at her landing interview?

Thanks!

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hi I have a friend who landed in Montreal last December so according to my friend her hubby sent her original csq by mail while she was waiting for her passport stamped and she told me that they never asked her for her csq at landing just to be on safe side, ring MIFI to double check with them. Each person may be different.

Reactions: Bynming

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hello everyone,

Will make this as short as I can. I've applied under family class to sponsor my wife to come live with me here in Quebec. It's an outland application, so she currently lives in Russia. I expect that I will receive the CSQ for my spouse shortly, and after that the COPR and all the other federal documents. She will receive all the federal documents through the visa center. However, it will leave the original CSQ in my possession here in Quebec. It is my understanding that she may be asked to provide her CSQ during her landing interview in Montreal.

Do I need to send her a scanned copy, or do I have to send her CSQ through the mail and cross my fingers that it makes it there safely, so that she can present the original CSQ at her landing interview?

Thanks!
Did you receive Passport request yet ?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hi I have a friend who landed in Montreal last December so according to my friend her hubby sent her original csq by mail while she was waiting for her passport stamped and she told me that they never asked her for her csq at landing just to be on safe side, ring MIFI to double check with them. Each person may be different.
Thank you, I'll give MIFI a call to be sure.

Did you receive Passport request yet ?
No, still waiting on CSQ and I hope that the passport request will come soon after that. I'm asking about this because I'm quite neurotic and this process makes me a bit nervous. Really want to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

I'm not hugely confident about the postage system in Russia. I'm seeing my wife in Europe in a month so I really hope I'll have the CSQ by then so I can bring it to her in person.

Reactions: Grace2019

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Thank you, I'll give MIFI a call to be sure.

No, still waiting on CSQ and I hope that the passport request will come soon after that. I'm asking about this because I'm quite neurotic and this process makes me a bit nervous. Really want to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

I'm not hugely confident about the postage system in Russia. I'm seeing my wife in Europe in a month so I really hope I'll have the CSQ by then so I can bring it to her in person.
No worries you will get csq soon .
God bless

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Likewise!
Hi I got some update here my hubby rang and the Csq has been posted to him , the officer told him that I should contact my visa office to see if he had to send me the original copy to travel with.

My husband will get it soon it was posted on Monday .
Any news about yours

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hi I got some update here my hubby rang and the Csq has been posted to him , the officer told him that I should contact my visa office to see if he had to send me the original copy to travel with.

Any news about yours
Thank you for the info and congrats on the CSQ! I haven't heard anything yet, maybe I'll ring them up today

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris

Any news about yours
Congrats! MIFI recceived your CSQ undertaking when?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM

Any news about yours
I called today and they confirmed it was received on Aug. 30th and that's it's still processing, so hopefully I get it before too long.

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Okay yes yours should be ready !
They have updated the website too
The Department is currently receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship cases. As a result, it has become impossible to meet the 25-day deadline set out in the Customer Service Statement.

However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. MIFI and IRCC work together to ensure that your file is processed and visas are issued in a timely manner. Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIFI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC.

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- September 9, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- October 11, 2019 for other family members.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Okay yes yours should be ready !
They have updated the website too
The Department is currently receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship cases. As a result, it has become impossible to meet the 25-day deadline set out in the Customer Service Statement.

However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. MIFI and IRCC work together to ensure that your file is processed and visas are issued in a timely manner. Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIFI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC.

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- September 9, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- October 11, 2019 for other family members.
Sweet, I'll definitely be making daily trips to the mailbox :)