+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Montreal first

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hello, I will be flying to Canada next month and was wondering if I could land in Montreal aeroport and activate my ecopr there and then go to Ontario by train/bus? Would that be an issue with immigration officers ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I will be flying to Canada next month and was wondering if I could land in Montreal aeroport and activate my ecopr there and then go to Ontario by train/bus? Would that be an issue with immigration officers ?
Yes, of course. Montreal is a Port of Entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As long as you can show that you aren't remaining in Quebec.

abhi_001

Jun 15, 2018
Hello,
Hope all is well.

Did you do your first landing in Montreal?

How was experience travelling by train to Toronto?

Which is the nearby station to Montreal Airport?

Did an Immigration officer ask about CSQ as a requirement while doing first entry in Montreal?

Please suggest, as I am also planning to travel to Montreal next month and from there a connecting train to Toronto by VIA rail.

Jul 2, 2022
Hello,
Hope all is well.

Did you do your first landing in Montreal?

How was experience travelling by train to Toronto?

Which is the nearby station to Montreal Airport?

Did an Immigration officer ask about CSQ as a requirement while doing first entry in Montreal?

Please suggest, as I am also planning to travel to Montreal next month and from there a connecting train to Toronto by VIA rail.
Hello Abhi,

I have the query. As a PNP COPR holder, i'm planning to land at Montreal and take a Via Rail next day. would that be a problem? can we get out of the airport after getting stamped inside the Montreal airport. Would there be any challenges later on.

Looking forward to a response as me and all my family members have to change the flights.

thanks.
Ramnik