+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada

fhaq

Jun 2, 2017
Hey guys,

My wife's sponsorship recently got approved (Thank God) and we are planning to move to Canada in June (I am currently in Pakistan as well). I had two questions and was hoping if anybody can help me out:

1) The destination city and address for both sponsor and applicant in COPR shows an address in Burnaby as I was previously living there. However we plan to move to Toronto this time - so can we book flight directly to Toronto or we will have to do our landing in Vancouver?

2) My passport validity by the time we land would be around 4-5 months so as a Permanent Resident would it be fine or should i get it extended.

Hoping for great support from the community as always.

Faizan

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

My wife's sponsorship recently got approved (Thank God) and we are planning to move to Canada in June (I am currently in Pakistan as well). I had two questions and was hoping if anybody can help me out:

1) The destination city and address for both sponsor and applicant in COPR shows an address in Burnaby as I was previously living there. However we plan to move to Toronto this time - so can we book flight directly to Toronto or we will have to do our landing in Vancouver?

2) My passport validity by the time we land would be around 4-5 months so as a Permanent Resident would it be fine or should i get it extended.

Hoping for great support from the community as always.

Faizan
1. You can land in Toronto.

2. It should be fine.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
For 2, assuming that you already have your PR card, renewing your passport cannot hurt unless it takes longer than you'd like.

That said, CBSA is very unlikely (if possible at all) to refuse your entry as PR even if you don't renew. I'd worry more about the airline. Is the airline going to be ok with your current passport?