+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in canada

Kabbka

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hello
On sat i will be flying from kuwait to canada via KLM . I booked my flight to winnipeg with a layover in amesterdam and a 3 hour connection in edmonton.

I would like to know what documentations do i need to show in edmonton and how can i pass immigration check and get my study permit without passing custome check ? ( cuz my checked in baggage wont be with me in edmonton right ? ) ill collect it in my last distention in winnipeg right ?

Please share what you know about this process

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Kabbka said:
Hello
On sat i will be flying from kuwait to canada via KLM . I booked my flight to winnipeg with a layover in amesterdam and a 3 hour connection in edmonton.

I would like to know what documentations do i need to show in edmonton and how can i pass immigration check and get my study permit without passing custome check ? ( cuz my checked in baggage wont be with me in edmonton right ? ) ill collect it in my last distention in winnipeg right ?

Please share what you know about this process
With regard to customs, I believe you will have to collect your baggage in Edmonton, clear customs and then check it in again for your flight to Winnipeg.

Kabbka

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
So will KLM put my baggage in baggage claim in edmonton or will it be directly transfered to westjet for my flight to winnipeg ?

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Kabbka said:
So will KLM put my baggage in baggage claim in edmonton or will it be directly transfered to westjet for my flight to winnipeg ?
It will be waiting for you at the baggage claim. You will have to collect it, clear customs and then proceed to the domestic departures area to check it in again with Westjet