+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada

Xeronator87

Apr 5, 2015
Dear All,

Hope this post finds you well. I am writing to enquire about the subject topic and wish to seek some clarification.

I have been granted my Immigration Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker class and planning to do my landing this coming March.

As part of the process, I will be providing the address of my relative who lives in Canada in order to have my PR card sent to it. Having said that, I will not be able to stay in Canada until I receive the PR card. Therefore, I have the following questions regarding this aspect:

1) Is it possible if my relative can mail my PR card by Courier overseas once it is received?

2) If the answer to the first question is No, then can I obtain a travel document (PRTD) for my case in order to re-enter Canada and receive the card in person from my relative?

3) If the answer to the second question is yes, then what is the expiry period of the travel document and when should I apply for it?

Looking forward to your feedback.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Xeronator87 said:
Dear All,

Hope this post finds you well. I am writing to enquire about the subject topic and wish to seek some clarification.

I have been granted my Immigration Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker class and planning to do my landing this coming March.

As part of the process, I will be providing the address of my relative who lives in Canada in order to have my PR card sent to it. Having said that, I will not be able to stay in Canada until I receive the PR card. Therefore, I have the following questions regarding this aspect:

1) Is it possible if my relative can mail my PR card by Courier overseas once it is received?

2) If the answer to the first question is No, then can I obtain a travel document (PRTD) for my case in order to re-enter Canada and receive the card in person from my relative?

3) If the answer to the second question is yes, then what is the expiry period of the travel document and when should I apply for it?

Looking forward to your feedback.
1 Yes.
2. See 1