+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada

aceventura

Dec 4, 2012
I intend to land in Halifax, Nova Scotia for my PR. Is it advisable to land in Toronto or Halifax is fine.
How long will it take to get the PR card ?
If I travel back to my home country before getting the PR card, will I be able to go back to Halifax ? What papers would I need ?
I wish to take my kid to US for one week, he was born in Canada and holds a Canadian passport and I have a visit visa for the US, how do get back to Canada if I dont have my PR card ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aceventura said:
I intend to land in Halifax, Nova Scotia for my PR. Is it advisable to land in Toronto or Halifax is fine.
How long will it take to get the PR card ?
If I travel back to my home country before getting the PR card, will I be able to go back to Halifax ? What papers would I need ?
I wish to take my kid to US for one week, he was born in Canada and holds a Canadian passport and I have a visit visa for the US, how do get back to Canada if I dont have my PR card ?
1. It doesn't matter which city. You will be "landed" at the first international airport.
2. 61 days.
3. Have some one send your PR card to you when it arrives, if it hasn't arrived, apply for Travel Document at a Canadian office overseas.
4. You will have to drive (non commercial) This is assuming you are from a country that requires a visitor visa to enter Canada.

Tammydes

Dec 5, 2012
I have a question, I bought a ticket to return to Canada on the 10 but my pr card expires while I'm in the airplane to Toronto, when I land on the 11, will immigration sent me back because my pr card expired while I was in the air?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You will be admitted into Canada.

2. The CBSA agent may or may not check if you meet the Residency Obligation (RO). How many days of physical presence do you have in Canada in the 5 years prior to your arrival date of the 11th?

3. If CBSA determine you do not meet the RO they may or may not report you.

4. If reported then this is the start of a formal process to revoke your PR.