Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I'm landing in Toronto in a few weeks with my family and I'm supposed to carry 18825 dollars .i have two questions
1) Can I carry part of the amount in hand and the rest as FD in India and can transfer it to bank account in Canada once we open an account.
2) can I tell the immigration officer that I ll be in Canada only for two weeks, as some of my friends said it is not advisable to tell them that you are going back. I'm hesitant to lie but don't want to complicate stuff.
Please advice
Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just remember that you must declare all cash you carry if the amount is 10000 cdn or more, that includes all currency you have at the time you land.

Reactions: Dentcan

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T
1 - Yes.
2 - You can tell him you're doing a soft landing if you're asked, it's perfectly fine and quite common. Your friends have no idea what they are saying.
Thank you

Dentcan

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just remember that you must declare all cash you carry if the amount is 10000 cdn or more, that includes all currency you have at the time you land.
Thank you

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
1 - Yes.
2 - You can tell him you're doing a soft landing if you're asked, it's perfectly fine and quite common. Your friends have no idea what they are saying.
@DelPiero07 - But how do I prove to the officer that I will be transfering the $$ over. I can bring say $2K with me in cash and then the balance to transfer via funds transfer in banks. Do I need to show or proof to them I am going to do the latter?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 - But how do I prove to the officer that I will be transfering the $$ over. I can bring say $2K with me in cash and then the balance to transfer via funds transfer in banks. Do I need to show or proof to them I am going to do the latter?
You don't have to prove that you'll be transferring the money, you simply have to prove that you have the funds.

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
@DelPiero07 For a soft landing, will the period of stay in Canada be an issue? I plan to go for 2 weeks only initially and have someone bring my PR card to me. Wont they ask me how i will be collecting my PR if im only there for a while ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPiero07 For a soft landing, will the period of stay in Canada be an issue? I plan to go for 2 weeks only initially and have someone bring my PR card to me. Wont they ask me how i will be collecting my PR if im only there for a while ?
No it is not an issue, once you finish the landing procedures you are free to leave Canada whenever you'd like.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In which situation one do a soft landing?
Like I said above, once the applicant finishes his/her landing procedures he/she is free to leave Canada whenever.

There is no rule or law that requires the applicant to stay X period of time after landing.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
For the money that is carried in cash should we show the source of the money or not needed? @DelPiero07
No for reasonable amounts of cash.

I suspect CBSA might start to ask a few questions if you're carrying a couple million in cash - it's not illegal, but large amounts naturally raise questions.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
No for reasonable amounts of cash.

I suspect CBSA might start to ask a few questions if you're carrying a couple million in cash - it's not illegal, but large amounts naturally raise questions.
So Ideally what should be the best mode to carry money to Canada if one wishes to carry between 15-20k (Going alone or with family) ?