App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
If you have gone through the grueling process that is the permanent residency application procedure for Canada, and you are landing in Canada (at last!!!) in 2016... well, first of all, congratulations! I'm extremely happy that it worked out for you, and I want to wish you all the very best for your life ahead.

This thread is for you guys- people who have received their CoPRs, and who are now preparing to land, or already have landed, in Canada. Essentially, you all can connect here, and help each other through this final leg in the process. Some things you may want to share with each other would be: what was your timeline? What was your category? Were you inland or outland? How many people did you land with? What was your port of entry? You should also share your specific landing experiences and stories- did it go smoothly for you? Do you have any advice for anybody who may be attempting the landing process now? Did something go wrong for you that you want to warn others about?

Alternatively, if you haven't yet landed, but are going to- do you have any questions? Hopefully, the accounts posted in this thread, as well as the users posting in this thread, can help you with those!

rajdeep192000

Feb 17, 2016
My name is Pradeep and I am coming to Canada from US with my wife and 2 yr old kid for my landing process next month. I need some Guidance regarding that. I am coming via Toronto.
I would really appreciate if you can help me in clearing few doubts I have
1) As my application was approved through On Demand PNP program so coming via Toronto can create any problem ?
2) My son is a US citizen. I hope he doesnt need any Visa's
3) What all documents do I need to carry with me
4) What questions were asked on initial POE
5) I have friends in Toronto. Can I mention their address for my PR card.

I would appreciate if you can mail me your phone no. so I can speak to you in details. I have already booked a place for 2-3 weeks through Airbnb so I am good for now. But need advice for house search as well

Pradeep

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
rajdeep192000 said:
My name is Pradeep and I am coming to Canada from US with my wife and 2 yr old kid for my landing process next month. I need some Guidance regarding that. I am coming via Toronto.
1) As my application was approved through On Demand PNP program so coming via Toronto can create any problem ?

I would appreciate if you can mail me your phone no. so I can speak to you in details. I have already booked a place for 2-3 weeks through Airbnb so I am good for now. But need advice for house search as well

Pradeep
1) As my application was approved through On Demand PNP program so coming via Toronto can create any problem ? whcih province PNP do you have
2) My son is a US citizen. I hope he doesnt need any Visa's - yes he does not need visa
3) What all documents do I need to carry with me - all the documents you presented for PR are good to carry but it completely depends of the immigration officer. for me it was just CoPR and financial prrof
5) I have friends in Toronto. Can I mention their address for my PR card. - that should be fine.

rajdeep192000

Feb 17, 2016
I applied for Nova Scotia On Demand PNP program. I read in few other blogs that it doesn't matter as far as I have a connecting flight ticket for Nova Scotia which I can show to the immigration office . Please advice

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
rajdeep192000 said:
I applied for Nova Scotia On Demand PNP program. I read in few other blogs that it doesn't matter as far as I have a connecting flight ticket for Nova Scotia which I can show to the immigration office . Please advice
That is correct.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
rajdeep192000 said:

Pradeep
1. no problem
2. us pr needs eta but not citizens.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
3. copr, and pof may be
4. nothing much
5. perhaps if you say you are staying there, take a proof of residence copy like utility bill sometimes they might ask for documents for address, they asked my driving license to put my address.

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
My question is regarding in land flagpoling (for people who are already in Canada) there are so many contradictory views on this matter i.e. IRCC website does not mention flagpoling anywhere but leaving country by air to another country and coming back or by land leaving and entering.
On this forum some people experienced issues landing as well and were warned that they cant flagpole as this is not valid anymore. ofcourse many people are doing still and successful as depending on officer at the time..
Whats your take on this issue? (ofcourse there is another option to land in-office CIC location to land)
if landing is still viable option then, which border to take Queenston–Lewiston Bridge or Rainbow? and is by foot preferred over taking car across border?

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/flagpoling/

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
milo2015 said:
My question is regarding in land flagpoling (for people who are already in Canada) there are so many contradictory views on this matter i.e. IRCC website does not mention flagpoling anywhere but leaving country by air to another country and coming back or by land leaving and entering.
On this forum some people experienced issues landing as well and were warned that they cant flagpole as this is not valid anymore. ofcourse many people are doing still and successful as depending on officer at the time..
Whats your take on this issue? (ofcourse there is another option to land in-office CIC location to land)
if landing is still viable option then, which border to take Queenston–Lewiston Bridge or Rainbow? and is by foot preferred over taking car across border?

http://meurrensonimmigration.com/flagpoling/
I did my landing at the rainbow bridge just a few days ago. It is extremely easy and I recommend it to everyone. You need to park your car in the Niagara area and just walk toward the bridge. The officers in both the US and Canada are extremely nice and helpful.

Sukizaki

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aa105942 said:
I did my landing at the rainbow bridge just a few days ago. It is extremely easy and I recommend it to everyone. You need to park your car in the Niagara area and just walk toward the bridge. The officers in both the US and Canada are extremely nice and helpful.
I have seen some people landed at Queenston–Lewiston Bridge, from what they commented, Queenston–Lewiston Bridge is very available and fast to do the landing. On the contrary, rainbow officers are very bad attitude..

Correct me if I am wrong..

milo2015

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
aa105942 said:
This is what we are looking to do i.e. take pedestrian route at Rainbow Bridge during weekdays (early morning to avoid rush hour). Queenston-Lewiston does't have pedestrian route i think..

Do border officers ask for Proof of funds from OPNP (Provincial nominee PR's)?

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
milo2015 said:
This is what we are looking to do i.e. take pedestrian route at Rainbow Bridge during weekdays (early morning to avoid rush hour). Queenston-Lewiston does't have pedestrian route i think..

Do border officers ask for Proof of funds from OPNP (Provincial nominee PR's)?
No, They only asked me for my COPR and passport. He did not say anything about proof of funds or my intention to live in the province I was nominated. He only asked whether my address has changed and I told him my new address. There was nothing as so called landing interview in my case. It was more like you are getting your driving license and the clerk asks you couple of quick questions. I think you face more scrutiny only if they find suspicious information in your COPR or passport.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Hi,

I landed yesterday at Prescott-Ogdensburg, 50 minutes south from Ottawa, in the early afternoon.

My experience : no queue at the USA border booth but I had to wait 20 minutes in the office to receive the refusal letter.

Then, no queue at Canada border but it then took 30 minutes to complete my landing.

There was a lot of people (more than a dozen) waiting in the border office.

The agent was not really nice, he asked me to show
- the CoPR and passport of course,
- letter from my employer,
- proof of funds (I had to tell him that under CEC I don't have to show PoF, and I later figured out that he didn't know that CEC class means Experience Class),
- all my previous worker and visitor proof of status that he kept.

He told me it'd take 90 days to receive my PR card (CIC told me that it'd take 50 days); he said I can still leave Canada to my country of origin and come back without my PR card, because I'm now a PR in their system, but it's up to the airlines to allow me to board on the plane.

No 'welcome to Canada !' as some people have experienced.

But still I'm very glad to have done it !

For info : Prescott-Ogdensburg doesn't have cyclist and pedestrians path.

vera0428

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Hi,

I landed yesterday at Prescott-Ogdensburg, 50 minutes south from Ottawa, in the early afternoon.

My experience : no queue at the USA border booth but I had to wait 20 minutes in the office to receive the refusal letter.

Then, no queue at Canada border but it then took 30 minutes to complete my landing.

There was a lot of people (more than a dozen) waiting in the border office.

The agent was not really nice, he asked me to show
- the CoPR and passport of course,
- letter from my employer,
- proof of funds (I had to tell him that under CEC I don't have to show PoF, and I later figured out that he didn't know that CEC class means Experience Class),
- all my previous worker and visitor proof of status that he kept.

He told me it'd take 90 days to receive my PR card (CIC told me that it'd take 50 days); he said I can still leave Canada to my country of origin and come back without my PR card, because I'm now a PR in their system, but it's up to the airlines to allow me to board on the plane.

No 'welcome to Canada !' as some people have experienced.

But still I'm very glad to have done it !

For info : Prescott-Ogdensburg doesn't have cyclist and pedestrians path.
And eventually you did not show POF? and she let you pass it?

rahul1404

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Hi All,

I am sinp nominated applicant and will be landing soon.

Can you please tell me what docs are needed at the time of landing. ?

Thank you all..!