+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

hfcanada

Dec 14, 2010
Hi Quorax,

Just gone through your first post on Landing in canada- You have provided indepth info . THANKS A LOT. MAY GOD HELP U ALWAYS LIKE THE WAY U HELP OTHERS :) :)

I have recently received PR visa for me and my spouse. could you please let me know how much is the minimum funds (Indian rupees) we have to carry for 2 members to clear the imm section to satisfy the officer at Airport so that he allows us to enter into canada. And will there be any interview at airport and will they check the employement letters or any other detials. i have submitted my origianl letters when applying to PR however i got the PR and IELTS score card back not employement letters - should i request them to send back ?

Please Suggest !!

Thanks a lot

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hfcanada said:
Hi Quorax,

Just gone through your first post on Landing in canada- You have provided indepth info . THANKS A LOT. MAY GOD HELP U ALWAYS LIKE THE WAY U HELP OTHERS :) :)

I have recently received PR visa for me and my spouse. could you please let me know how much is the minimum funds (Indian rupees) we have to carry for 2 members to clear the imm section to satisfy the officer at Airport so that he allows us to enter into canada. And will there be any interview at airport and will they check the employement letters or any other detials. i have submitted my origianl letters when applying to PR however i got the PR and IELTS score card back not employement letters - should i request them to send back ?

Please Suggest !!

Thanks a lot
1. Yes, there's an 'entry interview' conducted by the BSO, who'd be processing your 'record of landing'... but this interview isn't done traditionally... it'd be a casual tête-à-tête... mostly dwelling on your recent medical situation [if any], change in family composition [if any], security & criminality issues [if any] and simple personal talk.

2. U don't require any docs/certs/letters to be shown to the BSO - except the ones provided by CIC.

3. Read my thread on POF - u'd know the figures required. U must bring the funds in CAD, USD, Euro or GBP. I won't know the IRs conversion -- but u can check it 'real-time' thru www.oanda.com.

Qorax

courtly21

Jun 5, 2011
NEED HELP PLZ..........

Recently i received visa under Parents and Dependent sponsorship case. We received VISA and COPR IMM5292 form.........

My sponsor is moving from Toronto to other province (change in address and province) and in the IMM5292 forms everywhere the address to Toronto is mentioned. What should we do because coz when we will be landing to Canada, the address of the sponsor i.e sister would be other than as mentioned in the COPR IMM5292.....Can if make any problem? or should i asked my sponsor for not to change address unless we move to canada?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
qorax said:
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].

Tax & Duties Component:
The funds we bring inside Canada are Non-Taxable. It is only the 'interest' earned on that which is taxed. The moment our funds start accruing interest [while lying in a Canadian Bank a/c] the bank will start deducting tax 'on source'. The same applies for any 'investment' in Canada that we make with these funds.
QORAX
Hi qorax

I wish to raise a few questions and appologize in advance if they were already answered.
I live in Canada rite now since Aug 1996 as Temporary Resident. Upon receiving Permanent Residence visa from Buffalo I might go right away for landing on or after Aug 23.

1) Should I bring a list of goods too if I land at POE? What can I include?
- I saw the link to http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf but wonder if it would apply to my case being in Canada for 15yrs and since age 15. All my goods were bought here and I live in an 1br apt so what can you recommend to include in my list...

2) What can I declare to receive a tax-exempt on funds?
- Given that I live in Canada and now work here I have some investment like a locked-in GIC TSFA of 5k, and a RSP investment of more than 4.5k. Will I be eligible for this exemption for RRSP acc, what should I present if that's the case...

Thank you for answering and have a good w-e

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
courtly21 said:
NEED HELP PLZ..........

Recently i received visa under Parents and Dependent sponsorship case. We received VISA and COPR IMM5292 form.........

My sponsor is moving from Toronto to other province (change in address and province) and in the IMM5292 forms everywhere the address to Toronto is mentioned. What should we do because coz when we will be landing to Canada, the address of the sponsor i.e sister would be other than as mentioned in the COPR IMM5292.....Can if make any problem? or should i asked my sponsor for not to change address unless we move to canada?
1. It wouldn't make any difference if the address u provide to the BSO is of another province -- unless it's a Quebec one.
2. For simplicity - it's advisable to use a Toronto one - could be anyone's... not necessarily your relative's.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ae03yy said:
Hi qorax

I wish to raise a few questions and appologize in advance if they were already answered.
I live in Canada rite now since Aug 1996 as Temporary Resident. Upon receiving Permanent Residence visa from Buffalo I might go right away for landing on or after Aug 23.

1) Should I bring a list of goods too if I land at POE? What can I include?
- I saw the link to http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf but wonder if it would apply to my case being in Canada for 15yrs and since age 15. All my goods were bought here and I live in an 1br apt so what can you recommend to include in my list...

2) What can I declare to receive a tax-exempt on funds?
- Given that I live in Canada and now work here I have some investment like a locked-in GIC TSFA of 5k, and a RSP investment of more than 4.5k. Will I be eligible for this exemption for RRSP acc, what should I present if that's the case...

Thank you for answering and have a good w-e
1. U don't require to list any form B4 if u aren't 'importing' any goods.
2. U can't do anything if u aren't [again] importing any funds. BTW, RRSP is already tax exempt.

Qorax

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear Friends
Want to share a good news, Finally I reached CANADA safely and smoothly on 22nd JULY 2011. Soon i will share my travel experience in details, i learned some new things which would be benificial to others.

Pray for me so that i could complete my initial formalities smoothly.

bye for now..

SWAPNOCHARY...

alylosan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Hello guys,

My medicals reached Ottawa Office on April 19th and since then no news about my passport request.. Should I be worried??? I'm currently living in the US and I need to get it soon if not my student visa will expire...

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
swapnochary said:
Dear Friends
Want to share a good news, Finally I reached CANADA safely and smoothly on 22nd JULY 2011. Soon i will share my travel experience in details, i learned some new things which would be benificial to others.

Pray for me so that i could complete my initial formalities smoothly.

bye for now..

SWAPNOCHARY...
congratulations..

monty_2k1

Jul 25, 2011
Hello I am a doctor in Amritsar, India I applied for Canadian PR under the skilled worker category in 2010 I got my PR recently Though almost everything has been explained very well in this thread on what documents we have to complete before landing in Canada for the first time but I want to address some issues regarding myself The last date for PR activation on my visa is 25th March 2012 Initially I plan to land in the 1st week of March & return to India after a week's time due to personal compulsions I plan to shift permanently to Canada after 6-7 months I have a few friends & relatives in Canada, with whom I will be staying when I arrive there for the first time & I will tell them to mail the PR card to me in India, once it arrives
I want to know whether the minimum amount of money to be shown by a single person on initial arrival is 11,000 CAD

Kindly advice me regarding my situation

Regards

Dr Mandeep

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a single person, you need to show funds of $11,115. If you are bringing it all in cash or checks, you must notify customs that you have that much money on your person, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You can give an address of friends or relatives for your PR card but if you tell the IO that you are not planning on being there when the PR card arrives, they may decide to hold it. If that happens, you can try to phone CIC a couple of days later and tell them that at the time you landed, you did not have an address and you now want to update it. This has worked for some people. If it doesn't and you end up not getting a PR card, you would have to apply for a PR travel document when you are ready to go back and then apply for a PR card again once you are in Canada to stay.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Dear Leon,

Thanks for your suggestion previously.

I want to complete my landing process i have few queries.

1. As i am working i cannot come currently for more than 20 days, I will give address of any friend or relative for PR Card.

2. Can i go back to my home country without PR CARD and when i want to return back to canada, if dont have PR card with me how can i, is it possible because my agent says that it is not possible... you would loose your PR if you come back without PR Card.

Request your suggestion as what to do because my stamp expires in march 2012, i want to complete my landing in october and return back to india and then marry and permanently go to canada in april or may 2012.

Whats the way out??? Please suggest

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy_kallarackal said:
1. As i am working i cannot come currently for more than 20 days, I will give address of any friend or relative for PR Card.
You can.

jimmy_kallarackal said:
2. Can i go back to my home country without PR CARD and when i want to return back to canada, if dont have PR card with me how can i, is it possible because my agent says that it is not possible... you would loose your PR if you come back without PR Card.
Your agent is wrong. You can leave Canada without a PR card and apply for a PR travel document at the embassy when you want to go back.

jimmy_kallarackal said:
Request your suggestion as what to do because my stamp expires in march 2012, i want to complete my landing in october and return back to india and then marry and permanently go to canada in april or may 2012.
You can.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
1. When do i need to apply for PR travel document, when i am in canada or when i return to india.? In which embassy do i need to apply candain or indian?

2. What documents would be required to get PR Travel document? Are there any chances of rejection of PR Travel document?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy_kallarackal said:
1. When do i need to apply for PR travel document, when i am in canada or when i return to india.? In which embassy do i need to apply candain or indian?
When you are in India and want to return to Canada, you apply at the Canadian embassy. The Indian embassy in Canada has nothing to do with your Canadian PR.

jimmy_kallarackal said:
2. What documents would be required to get PR Travel document? Are there any chances of rejection of PR Travel document?
It will be rejected if you do not meet the residency requirements but in order to not meet the residency requirements, you must have been outside Canada for 1095 days or more since you got your PR. If you are a PR for less than 1095 days, it is not possible for you to be in breach of the residency requirements yet.