+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hmisabpk said:
Dear Qorax,

Are you in Canada ? I called you but no response.
I will contact you later.

Take care

best regards,

hmisabpk

WHAT IS RESP? WHY WE HAVE TO OPEN A RESP FOR OUR CHILDREN ?

Hi,

See the details here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-resp-why-we-have-to-start-an-resp-t78623.0.html

regards,

hmisabpk
Hi,

We just spoke... and I already have the RESP.

See u in the weekend.

T&R,

Qorax

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
Hi Qorax
Does additional citizenship affect PR ? for example when one is granted an EU country citizenship while waiting for medicals on a country of origin passport. Does it have to be reported to CIC ,if yes what ramifications would it have on PR ?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

We just spoke... and I already have the RESP.

See u in the weekend.

T&R,

Qorax
Hi,

It was nice talking to you, my pleasure to see you.
Thanks for e-mail message.

Regards,

hmisabpk

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ario said:
Hi Qorax
Does additional citizenship affect PR ? for example when one is granted an EU country citizenship while waiting for medicals on a country of origin passport. Does it have to be reported to CIC ,if yes what ramifications would it have on PR ?
1. Canada doesn't have issues with dual citizenship... pls check with the other one.
2. Yes, info to your VO asap.

Qorax

ma76

Aug 4, 2011
Hi,

Can anyone help me and give me the answer please. I am landing on 12th of August at Torornto in Federal Skilled worker category. Can i show traveller check on my name given by uncle as proof of funds. Afetr entering into Canada i can deposit this into my account. Basically its my money & i can withdraw cash at any time. Is it ok to show this at airport?

Thanks

m

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Can anyone here tell me how much luggage ( I mean the weight in kilograms) is allowed for one person to carry when going on PR to Canada for the first time? ::) ::)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lika said:
Can anyone here tell me how much luggage ( I mean the weight in kilograms) is allowed for one person to carry when going on PR to Canada for the first time? ::) ::)
That depends on your airline.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Thank you Leon.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Leon I just wanted to know how one puts the flag and all the details like the application date, file transfer, and MD request and all such details about the course of processing at the left had corner? This may be out of topic but I was just wanting to know. ;D

ma76

Aug 4, 2011
Hi

In advance thankful to all seniors especially Qorax for answering my problem. Today i have got visas for Federal Skilled worker category. And i am landing on 12th of august (just 1 week). My visa expiry is 19th of august.

1. With passports attached are 'Confirmation of permanent residence forms' for all my family members, what they did is interchange the pictures, on my form they put my wife's picture & on wife's form they put mine, everything else is correct on the form. If i send form back to london embassy then i have just 4 days left, and i have to travel on 12th (already booked flight). what should i do?

2. Also attached are the 'Immunisation Record' for the children. Does it necessary to sign it with DR/health professional. I am just going for 1 week so do we must fill it & signed by DR. Question is does it necessary for people like us who are just for short stay? does it will create problem on the airport?

I will be really really thanful for helping me out.

M

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ma76 said:
Hi

In advance thankful to all seniors especially Qorax for answering my problem. Today i have got visas for Federal Skilled worker category. And i am landing on 12th of august (just 1 week). My visa expiry is 19th of august.

1. With passports attached are 'Confirmation of permanent residence forms' for all my family members, what they did is interchange the pictures, on my form they put my wife's picture & on wife's form they put mine, everything else is correct on the form. If i send form back to london embassy then i have just 4 days left, and i have to travel on 12th (already booked flight). what should i do?

2. Also attached are the 'Immunisation Record' for the children. Does it necessary to sign it with DR/health professional. I am just going for 1 week so do we must fill it & signed by DR. Question is does it necessary for people like us who are just for short stay? does it will create problem on the airport?

I will be really really thanful for helping me out.

M
1. Technically, u aren't supposed to fly with erroneous COPRs. The BSO@Canadian a/port might put a spoke in your 'landing'. However, given your situation, u should go ahead & 'land', 'coz u just cannot get the replacement/s within your meds expiry timeframe. I'm not advocating this... 'coz this is incorrect... however, it's purely a personal opinion.

2. The Immunization Record will be required for school admin of your kid/s. It has nothing to do with 'landing'. So, if u aren't putting your kid/s to school straightaway... keep that form aside. Oh yes, it must be signed & stamped by a doctor [anyone would be fine].

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ma76 said:
Hi,

Can anyone help me and give me the answer please. I am landing on 12th of August at Torornto in Federal Skilled worker category. Can i show traveller check on my name given by uncle as proof of funds. Afetr entering into Canada i can deposit this into my account. Basically its my money & i can withdraw cash at any time. Is it ok to show this at airport?

Thanks

m
Traveller's Cheques, by themselves, r Ok as a means of carrying your settlement funds... and they r accepted@the a/port... why/how/where u obtained them is immaterial...

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lika said:
Leon said:
That depends on your airline.
And also the sector u r flying.

Eg:
BA / Dubai-Toronto / 23Kgs x 1 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.
BA / Delhi-Toronto / 23Kgs x 2 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.

Qorax

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
qorax said:
And also the sector u r flying.

Eg:
BA / Dubai-Toronto / 23Kgs x 1 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.
BA / Delhi-Toronto / 23Kgs x 2 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

Thanks. I was also looking for airlines in which 23x2 baggage (from IND to TORONTO) . Is it BA is better than Air Ind./Jet ?

Appan.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Appan said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanks. I was also looking for airlines in which 23x2 baggage (from IND to TORONTO) . Is it BA is better than Air Ind./Jet ?

Appan.
Regrets, I wouldn't know, as I've never flown that sector...
But, have been using BA, KLM & Emirates for Dubai-Toronto... found KLM to be a better flight. I've posted about it in this thread somewhere.

Qorax