+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

armada1234

Apr 4, 2012
applicant status has nothing to do once you complete landing procedure. Al 3 of you are PRs and can travel independent to each other.
Thanks Idrbjp, apologies if I wasn't clear. We are doing the landing on two separate tickets (on the same flight) will be impact the landing procedure in anyway?

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys,
I need some urgent advise. Today I and my wife landed in windsor, ON through Ambassador Bridge and returned to the US. (Not citizens). Now staying at our hotel room and just remember that we did not sign the Bsf 186 A Goods to Follow form at the border. I had prepared the Goods to follow form and gave it to the officier at the border. But now i remember that they did not sign the form. There were two officiers. One was dealing with our landing papers. The other one was taking care of our Bsf 186 form. He just took it and the jewelry pictures from us and we totally forgot about it. The other officier was asking us questions about our plans to stay etc. And somehow we forgot about the form. After 17 hours driving to Windsor , ON, we were too tired. After our landing, we spent some time in the city and returned to Michigan. Hotels were expensive there. So, we are at our hotel room right now and just remember about the Bsf 186A form. What should i do? I will land in Canada permenantly in May an and will bring my car, money and jewelry with me as i stated in my bsf form. But the form i gave them did not have my signatute. What should i do? Please please advise.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Idrbjp,
Can we apply for health card of a Province, while we are physically in different Province after initial landing?
Or do we have to be physically present in the Province while applying?
Sorry, I'm not aware of that, as mine isn't PNP. Better wait for the expert's responses.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Idrbjp, apologies if I wasn't clear. We are doing the landing on two separate tickets (on the same flight) will be impact the landing procedure in anyway?
Not at all. They don't check the boarding passes or itinerary of your flight (at least they haven't asked me). It should be fine as long as you all go to the immigration counter together.

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
Here is my short landing experience.

(Background info: I and my wife are living in the US (not citizens). I am a MBA student, graduating in May. Since she is pregnant, she couldn't travel by air so we had to drive about 17 hours (after taking several breaks) to Canada to complete our landing process)

On the day we landed:
1. We went to the Customs office. There were two officers. One of them (X) got our BSF 186 Goods to Follow form to process, and the other one (Y) took our COPR.

2. X had no idea how to handle the documents so he kept asking questions to the other officers around him. They were busy too, so they could not respond his questions properly. Anyways, someone told him that he should put a stamp on the documents and keep a copy of them for themselves. He went to the other room to make copies. He came back and put them on his table and left.

3. In the meantime, Y was asking us if we intend to live in Canada. We didn't want to lie so we said, we are going to stay for a week or so and then return to the US for my school. Will move to Canada in May when I graduate.

4. Then, she asked to see my I-20 (student document). My graduation date on the document shows May/2019 but in the US, it always indicates the latest day that you are expected to finish. You can finish your school anytime before that date. I tried to explain the US system but she refused to listen to me. She made a copy of my student document to prove that I won't be able to move in Canada that day. On a yellow slip, (I am not sure what it is called), she put my graduation date as May/2019. Then, she said that she would put in the system that we intend to move to Canada permanently in May/2018. I had no idea what was going on. she did not let me ask questions and made some accusatory statements.

5. She did not take the address we wanted to provide to receive our PR cards. (It was our friend's address).

6. Finally, she signed our COPRs . There were two pages: One with our photos attached, and the other one is without photos. She got the one with photo and gave us the other page. Then said, we are good to go. We took our signed COPR and left the office. We totally forgot about our Goods to Follow list.

7. We were too tired and stressed out. After spending an hour or so, we drove back to the US and stayed the night at a hotel. At night, I realized that X did not gave us our stamped BSF form. So, the next day, I drove back to the border.

The next day:

8. When I went Customs office again, there was another officer (Z). When I explained Z what happened the other day, she was just shocked about how both X and Y handled our case. By accident, she saw the yellow slip in my file and said it should have been kept by the officers. She took the slip, tried to understand what happened the other day. She was so kind and helpful. Long story short, I got the stamped BSF 186 forms and drove back to the US to our hotel.

So,
I have a few questions to the experienced members in the forum:

1. How can I give IRCC an address in Canada to receive our PR cards?
2. Do you know what that yellow slip was? Do they send it to IRCC to inform them about our intended landing day? (Y put my graduation date as indicated on my student document (May/2019) but said she would enter it to the system as May/2018). So, if I give IRCC an address in Canada, can it be problem?

Thank you,

Reactions: thisworks

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Here is my short landing experience.

(Background info: I and my wife are living in the US (not citizens). I am a MBA student, graduating in May. Since she is pregnant, she couldn't travel by air so we had to drive about 17 hours (after taking several breaks) to Canada to complete our landing process)

On the day we landed:
1. We went to the Customs office. There were two officers. One of them (X) got our BSF 186 Goods to Follow form to process, and the other one (Y) took our COPR.

2. X had no idea how to handle the documents so he kept asking questions to the other officers around him. They were busy too, so they could not respond his questions properly. Anyways, someone told him that he should put a stamp on the documents and keep a copy of them for themselves. He went to the other room to make copies. He came back and put them on his table and left.

3. In the meantime, Y was asking us if we intend to live in Canada. We didn't want to lie so we said, we are going to stay for a week or so and then return to the US for my school. Will move to Canada in May when I graduate.

4. Then, she asked to see my I-20 (student document). My graduation date on the document shows May/2019 but in the US, it always indicates the latest day that you are expected to finish. You can finish your school anytime before that date. I tried to explain the US system but she refused to listen to me. She made a copy of my student document to prove that I won't be able to move in Canada that day. On a yellow slip, (I am not sure what it is called), she put my graduation date as May/2019. Then, she said that she would put in the system that we intend to move to Canada permanently in May/2018. I had no idea what was going on. she did not let me ask questions and made some accusatory statements.

5. She did not take the address we wanted to provide to receive our PR cards. (It was our friend's address).

6. Finally, she signed our COPRs . There were two pages: One with our photos attached, and the other one is without photos. She got the one with photo and gave us the other page. Then said, we are good to go. We took our signed COPR and left the office. We totally forgot about our Goods to Follow list.

7. We were too tired and stressed out. After spending an hour or so, we drove back to the US and stayed the night at a hotel. At night, I realized that X did not gave us our stamped BSF form. So, the next day, I drove back to the border.

The next day:

8. When I went Customs office again, there was another officer (Z). When I explained Z what happened the other day, she was just shocked about how both X and Y handled our case. By accident, she saw the yellow slip in my file and said it should have been kept by the officers. She took the slip, tried to understand what happened the other day. She was so kind and helpful. Long story short, I got the stamped BSF 186 forms and drove back to the US to our hotel.

So,
I have a few questions to the experienced members in the forum:

1. How can I give IRCC an address in Canada to receive our PR cards?
2. Do you know what that yellow slip was? Do they send it to IRCC to inform them about our intended landing day? (Y put my graduation date as indicated on my student document (May/2019) but said she would enter it to the system as May/2018). So, if I give IRCC an address in Canada, can it be problem?

Thank you,
I read on this forum that there is an online form to submit an address change. I think this is the one:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=621&top=4

numberone

Jul 26, 2017

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Thank you for your response. I tried to submit my address but after I entered my info it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"

I am using my UCI number on my COPR. Am doing something wrong?
I am not sure. Maybe someone on the forum will have some insights.

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
I am not sure. Maybe someone on the forum will have some insights.
The interesting point is that when I click on Help, there it says the UCI should have four (4) numbers, a hyphen (-), and four (4) more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000). But on my COPR, it is like this: UCI: 1111111111. It is a ten digit number and there is no hyphen. Is yours the same?

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
The interesting point is that when I click on Help, there it says the UCI should have four (4) numbers, a hyphen (-), and four (4) more numbers. (Example: 0000-0000). But on my COPR, it is like this: UCI: 1111111111. It is a ten digit number and there is no hyphen. Is yours the same?
Mine has no hyphens either. But did you try putting hyphen as they say in the Help info? For a ten digit number, here is the format: 00-0000-0000.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Maybe the link we have is not correct. You can look around in this thread and see if somebody else has posted one.

Last edited:

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
Maybe the link we have is not correct. You can look around in this thread and see if somebody else has posted one.
The address is correct. I tried to enter the number as you advised but it didn't go through either.
Do you know what the yellow slip that I mentioned in my first post is called ? I'm trying to to find out if my graduation date as written on the slip affect my application process.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
The address is correct. I tried to enter the number as you advised but it didn't go through either.
Do you know what the yellow slip that I mentioned in my first post is called ? I'm trying to to find out if my graduation date as written on the slip affect my application process.
sorry, I don't know anything about the yellow slip.

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi
I need to add my new born child to my FSW application. Can someone please advice how I do that. I have a very different case and could not find any answers on the forum addressing my particular situation.

Applied under FSW with wife. Passports were requested in Feb 2015. Informed visa office in Delhi in writing that my wife is pregnant while sending the passports. They stamped the passports with pr visa valid till Oct 2, 2015.

In the mean time I traveled to Canada and completed landing. My wife stayed behind. Now she has given birth to a child in India. Asked Delhi visa office via email on how to proceed but have no got a reply yet.

The status of my application shows as "Complete".
Hi jsgill,

From the information you provided, I believe only you already received the PR card as you have completed landing formalities (not your wife). So I guess you need to wait till your wife's CORP expires and then you can sponsor your wife (again) with new born.

Since this post is dated May 8, 2015, you must be in Canada now.

Please do let us know what you have done?

ShakIsm

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
Finally received our PPR and planning our landing this Nov. My family and I are Provincial Nominees of Ontario, however the only direct flight from Qatar (current country of residence) flies to Montreal. I am happy to provide evidence to the CBSA officer proving our intention to travel to Toronto from Montreal.
Basically I want to know if flying through Montreal (even if we're Ontario PNP's) may cause any setbacks to entering Canada or applying for our PR cards...
Thanks ;)