+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
forget the medical exam date, you have a valid CoPR till 2018-APR-13.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/arrival.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22
you have till 2018-APR-13 to land, once you CoPR expire, you are no allow to exit Canada till you PR Card arrives.
once you land and meanwhile your CoPR is valid, you are allowed to go out and enter to Canada, by land using private vehicle, if you have a valid US Visitor Visa.
@lossada: I am planning to complete my landing formalities in the upcoming month and while my short stay in Canada, my COPR will expire. I am traveling from India so using International airport for my first entry. Do I need to EXIT Canada before my COPR expiry date?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@lossada: I am planning to complete my landing formalities in the upcoming month and while my short stay in Canada, my COPR will expire. I am traveling from India so using International airport for my first entry. Do I need to EXIT Canada before my COPR expiry date?
The comment of the poster that replied to you is wrong. You can leave Canada right after you land. Just that you need to get a PRTD from a Canadian consulate for returning Canada. It is up to you if want to exit Canada before or after the expiry date.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I will do a short landing this week and planning to apply for my SIN number and health coverage.
1. Have anyone applied for his/her SIN number in Windsor, ON? Would you please share your experience?
2. I will stay for two days. Can I still apply for health insurance?

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I will do a short landing this week and planning to apply for my SIN number and health coverage.
1. Have anyone applied for his/her SIN number in Windsor, ON? Would you please share your experience?

Thank you
No, you are not eligible for provincial health insurance.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
To exit Canada, you only need your passport
to re-enter to Canada, has to be by land, private vehicle using you valid CoPR
you need to get a PRTD

armada1234

Apr 4, 2012
Hi All,

Need urgent advise. We are landing in toronto on 5th Nov. I'm the PA and I have booked a separate ticket for my husband as myself and my 3 year old would like to return back to india and rejoin him again in April next year. My husband will stay back alone untile April. Will that be a problem at all.Please advise urgently.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Need urgent advise. We are landing in toronto on 5th Nov. I'm the PA and I have booked a separate ticket for my husband as myself and my 3 year old would like to return back to india and rejoin him again in April next year. My husband will stay back alone untile April. Will that be a problem at all.Please advise urgently.
Once you land, you can leave Canada right away.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Steaky, But can my Husband stay back as he is a dependant? Also, he is travelling on different ticket but on the same flight. will that be a problem?
applicant status has nothing to do once you complete landing procedure. Al 3 of you are PRs and can travel independent to each other.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thank you
1. You can apply and get SIN immediately in the airport itself. Upon the completion of our landing procedure at immigration counter, we were directed to a "Service Canada" counter where the officer helped us apply and generate SIN. We walked out of that place with the assigned SIN.
2. You can apply for health card anytime but you are covered only after 3 months from landing.

chukka

Oct 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a query regarding transferring funds from India. I am presently in Canada. I have my funds in State Bank of India account in India and there is a minor issue in International transfer. Can I transfer my funds to another bank account and then transfer it to Canada? Would there be any problem?

Thanks,
Chukka

win189

Jan 13, 2017
1. You can apply and get SIN immediately in the airport itself. Upon the completion of our landing procedure at immigration counter, we were directed to a "Service Canada" counter where the officer helped us apply and generate SIN. We walked out of that place with the assigned SIN.
2. You can apply for health card anytime but you are covered only after 3 months from landing.
Hello Idrbjp,
Can we apply for health card of a Province, while we are physically in different Province after initial landing?
Or do we have to be physically present in the Province while applying?