+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Moizahmed123 said:
I am planning for my landing in July for the shortest possible duration and would be staying with my relatives.
I have learnt that my PR card application would be finalised at the port of landing and i would need to go to service canada centre to apply for SIN card and health card. What else do i need to do immediately after my first landing?
Could anyone guide about the shortest duration that i should keep in my mind for my stay as i would have to return asap and would't be able to move to Canada permanently untill next year?
Landing is complete at the Port of Entry and generally Services Canada counters are on the airport where you can get SIN immediately if you land during the working hours. Otherwise you may visit Services Canada office closer to your location of stay on the next working day after you land. All you need to provide is your address in Canada to receive the PR cards.
I would not recommend you to apply health card in case you are not living in Canada immediately after landing. Eligibility for health insurance is different for different provinces and depend on your decision where you establish residency.

Duration of stay depends upon you and how much you want to explore. If you plan to open Bank Account and get Credit/Debit card then you may consider 8-10 days depending upon the bank you choose. But if you want it really short, you may take the next flight after landing and completing PR card/SIN application at the airport.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Dedicated said:
Guys, could you please advise on the address issue?
I came to a conclusion that most probably no one would rent an apartment to an outlander, so you'll have to book a hotel for the first couple of weeks and then start looking for an apartment in place.
But in order to obtain a social insurance number and to open a bank account as well the permanent address is needed. What to do in this case? Which address to provide?
Permanent address is not required for SIN or bank account. You can provide address of your friend/relative that you have provided to receive PR cards and it is fine with Bank and Services Canada. Later you can update the address in your internet banking profile or visiting the nearest branch.

Its Canada mate where everyone will try to help you and sort out your issues. so no worries even you have address or not. All you need are good friends in Canada 8)

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Sankyman said:
hi guys ,
I have recently received my pr visa and am planning my landing however, can anyone please tell me do we have any need for the cic profile after landing, since I have hired a consultant and he has been giving me a hard time since the beginning and hasn't shared the login details of my profile, and I do not want him to be in the middle of my PR card process as well, so any advice??
Ask your consultant to FXXX off and enjoy Canada. Just provide the address to officer where you will be receiving PR card and chill. :D

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Is PNP candidates supposed to land directly in the province of nomination? Not sure all provinces have international airports and even if they have it may be costly because of less frequency to these airports.

anik105

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/07/2014
Nomination.....
19/11/2014
AOR Received.
30/12/2014
Med's Request
04/11/2016
Med's Done....
15/11/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear Friend,
I have received my passport with VISA under FSW-2014 program. Now i am planning to land canada by july. I would like to land at Ottawa Airport. Is there anybody in the group who have landing experinece at Ottawa airport. I have cofusion about this. weather i will be able to land ottawa airport as i am a FSW applicant. I have seen in the group everybody is landing at toronto airport. Please advice.

Thanks

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anik105 said:
Dear Friend,
I have received my passport with VISA under FSW-2014 program. Now i am planning to land canada by july. I would like to land at Ottawa Airport. Is there anybody in the group who have landing experinece at Ottawa airport. I have cofusion about this. weather i will be able to land ottawa airport as i am a FSW applicant. I have seen in the group everybody is landing at toronto airport. Please advice.

Thanks
As a FSW, you can land anywhere in Canada. People tend to aviod Quebec as port of landing due to different regulations for it.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamy said:
Hi Guys,

Is PNP candidates supposed to land directly in the province of nomination? Not sure all provinces have international airports and even if they have it may be costly because of less frequency to these airports.
No that's not needed but better to have a connecting flight to your nominating province.

For example, Lets say you are travelling from London to Regina. The Airline takes you from London>Vancouver>Regina.... so your landing formalities will be done at Vancouver because it's the first place where you "landed" in Canada. You can tell the immigration officer that you are in-transit and headed to Regina as your destination

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Permanent address is not required for SIN or bank account. You can provide address of your friend/relative that you have provided to receive PR cards and it is fine with Bank and Services Canada. Later you can update the address in your internet banking profile or visiting the nearest branch.

Its Canada mate where everyone will try to help you and sort out your issues. so no worries even you have address or not. All you need are good friends in Canada 8)
Thanks for your response! But in the application form available here there is a question (number 12) for the mailing address.

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Iam primary applicant if i land with my husband who is my dependant after 15 days i need to leave canada but if husband stay back for 4 months to collect PR card and leave canda.will it be a problem,later husband goes back after few months and i will go back after an year to canada

will this be any issue

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
min1 said:
Iam primary applicant if i land with my husband who is my dependant after 15 days i need to leave canada but if husband stay back for 4 months to collect PR card and leave canda.will it be a problem,later husband goes back after few months and i will go back after an year to canada

will this be any issue
No issues with that at all.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
min1 said:

will this be any issue
You are free to travel in and out of Canada anytime you want. As long as you maintain 2 years of residency in Canada by the time your PR card is due for renewal (i.e. 5 years after landing) you'll be good.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Dedicated said:
Thanks for your response! But in the application form available here there is a question (number 12) for the mailing address.
You can provide the same address as you have provided for PR cards. Nothing will be posted on this record.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm planning to land in May in Saskatchewan.
Can somebody please share the need for evaluation in finding job?
Is the document by document evaluation from WES sufficient and acceptable to employers in job search?
Do I need to get course by course evaluation as well?

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Thank u very much for the response.So, that means both husband and wife gets PR cards separately after landing(I mean two PR cards PHYSICALLY) and can travel in and out individually without the other after the first landing .AM I correct?