+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Hi all actually i wanted to ask a question
So im in canada and my wife is coming she has already booked her tickets
So her is my problem have been dismissed from the job which was a
Skilled job

So before i gt dismissed she already done her application
And after i gt dismissed she got approval and visa in her passport and now i dont know
What should she do

Come to toronto for her work permit or vancouver
And what would happen if she come at the airport what question she will be getting

And will they phone at my workplace

Thanks for helping me as soon as possible as she will be leaving for canada next week

Thanks a lot

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
Dear Pipis Husband thank you for the clarification ,so kind of you

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hello Everyone,

If you have already received your PPR and planning to land (soft or permanent) in few weeks to few months, we have a whatsApp group.

who you will find in this group.

- people who have already landed, 70% people have landed here recently (max 1 year). They will be able to help you with things we need know before we fly. we share our experience in house and job searching.
- people who are planning to land soon. They share their preparation plan.
- as a group we meet regularly here in Canada, gives us an opportunity to be part of a bigger family.
- most of us are from India.

Ping me on whatsapp to join the group.
My WhatsApp No: +16478622434

NOTE: Its one of the few Spam-free WhatsApp groups on After PPR journey.

Thanks
Shiv

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shibdutta said:
Hello Everyone,

If you have already received your PPR and planning to land (soft or permanent) in few weeks to few months, we have a whatsApp group.

- people who have already landed, 70% people have landed here recently (max 1 year). They will be able to help you with things we need know before we fly. we share our experience in house and job searching.
- as a group we meet regularly here in Canada, gives us an opportunity to be part of a bigger family.

Thanks
Shiv
Please do not share your number like this in a public forum. There are already a lot of scams underway - do not invite someone to scam you. One person was called for an interview but he received no interview letter from IRCC/CSIS, just a phone call mentioning that CSIS wants to interview the applicant regarding their PR application. This is clearly a scam and these types of scams happen when you share your number to such a large audience.

If you would like to add someone, PM them your number or have them PM you theirs. This is only my suggestion in good conscience.

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
shibdutta said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Shiv
Hello. Could you pls add me to the group? I am preparing for my landing..+639178198049

hasan.hadi

Sep 24, 2015
Baghdad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/2/2017
Nomination.....
12/4/2017
what a great post, thank you very much.

AnshulAwasthi

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just received a PPR e mail. I am in Toronto and wanted to know if there is anyone who completed the landing while being in Toronto? what is the procedure and which border did you use. I would appreciate your input.

Anshul

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

I just received a PPR e mail. I am in Toronto and wanted to know if there is anyone who completed the landing while being in Toronto? what is the procedure and which border did you use. I would appreciate your input.

Anshul
Could you please share your timelines?

Russ

russellx

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2016 (re-meds)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
11-09-2017
russellx said:
Congratulations!

Could you please share your timelines?

Russ

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shibdutta said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks
Shiv
Doesn't this forum serve the same purpose? What makes it even better than a private watsapp group - is that the information shared here remains available to all for years to come. If people like "Qorax" have created a watsapp group at the time - many of the useful info. available today in this forum wouldn't have been here for all of us to read and benefit from.

ndynb

Apr 19, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'll be landing in 2 days. So I was looking for the forms I was supposed to fill which I found at the cic page. I cannot post link here but you can easily find it on google via the title I've given below. On that page I also came across with a section called "Step 3: Pay the fees". It says we should pay in advance and online.

Is that true? I've seen such thing mentioned nowhere and I don't want to pay for nothing.

As I'll be flying really soon, a quick response would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

"Applying for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) - First application, replacement, renewal or to change sex designation (IMM 5445)"

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ndynb said:
Hello everyone,

I'll be landing in 2 days. So I was looking for the forms I was supposed to fill which I found at the cic page. I cannot post link here but you can easily find it on google via the title I've given below. On that page I also came across with a section called "Step 3: Pay the fees". It says we should pay in advance and online.

Is that true? I've seen such thing mentioned nowhere and I don't want to pay for nothing.

As I'll be flying really soon, a quick response would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

"Applying for a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) - First application, replacement, renewal or to change sex designation (IMM 5445)"
For your first landing you don't need to fill a PR Card form. You will only be required to do that when its time to "renew" your existing PR card.

Upon landing the officer will fill in your COPR, and the application for your PR card will be done automatically - you just need to provide the officer with a canadian address.

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

Anshul
Check this link from CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

"If you already live in Canada, you have two options to become a permanent resident:

You can make an appointment at one of our offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact us by using this Web form.

If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing.

If you are not able to make an appointment as set out above, you may leave Canada and return through an international airport or a Canadian land border.

When you arrive, an IRCC officer will interview you, and grant you entry into Canada based on the information in your visa."