+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Canada4us

Jan 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2017
Doc's Request.
upfront
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-01-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
07-01-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
AnshulAwasthi said:
Hello everyone,

I just received a PPR e mail. I am in Toronto and wanted to know if there is anyone who completed the landing while being in Toronto? what is the procedure and which border did you use. I would appreciate your input.

Anshul
Congrarulations...thabk you for the offer...

ndynb

Apr 19, 2015
emamabd said:
For your first landing you don't need to fill a PR Card form. You will only be required to do that when its time to "renew" your existing PR card.

Upon landing the officer will fill in your COPR, and the application for your PR card will be done automatically - you just need to provide the officer with a canadian address.
That sounds much easier :) Thank you

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Landed in Toronto on 13th Jan and PR card received exactly after 42 days.

rmwahab

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dear All,

I am planning to do my landing in Toronto coming July, and will stay there for 30 days, is there a way to receive my PR before coming back to my home country?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
rmwahab said:
Dear All,

I am planning to do my landing in Toronto coming July, and will stay there for 30 days, is there a way to receive my PR before coming back to my home country?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
No, you cannot. The current processing time for the PR card for the first issue is 46 days according to the CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Moizahmed123

Feb 27, 2017
I am planning for my landing in July for the shortest possible duration and would be staying with my relatives.
I have learnt that my PR card application would be finalised at the port of landing and i would need to go to service canada centre to apply for SIN card and health card. What else do i need to do immediately after my first landing?
Could anyone guide about the shortest duration that i should keep in my mind for my stay as i would have to return asap and would't be able to move to Canada permanently untill next year?

prosp.ca.mig

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1114 (Other Financial Officer)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2014
Important things to do before and after you arrive in Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding COPR and landing.

If I land with COPR without my family and family comes after couple of months. Does my family also need COPR document for landing because it would be with me as I would have landed first?

SOTAJ

Mar 29, 2013
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
15-Jan-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
24-Jul-2015
Interview........
N/A By His grace
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
02-May-2016
kamy said:
I have a question regarding COPR and landing.

If I land with COPR without my family and family comes after couple of months. Does my family also need COPR document for landing because it would be with me as I would have landed first?
Each family member included in your application as accompanying will be issued a separate COPR so, there's no issue.
Just that you as the PA have to land first or with your family members.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SOTAJ said:
Each family member included in your application as accompanying will be issued a separate COPR so, there's no issue.
Just that you as the PA have to land first or with your family members.
Excellent, Thanks SOTAJ

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, could you please advise on the address issue?
I came to a conclusion that most probably no one would rent an apartment to an outlander, so you'll have to book a hotel for the first couple of weeks and then start looking for an apartment in place.
But in order to obtain a social insurance number and to open a bank account as well the permanent address is needed. What to do in this case? Which address to provide?

Sankyman

Jan 7, 2016
hi guys ,
I have recently received my pr visa and am planning my landing however, can anyone please tell me do we have any need for the cic profile after landing, since I have hired a consultant and he has been giving me a hard time since the beginning and hasn't shared the login details of my profile, and I do not want him to be in the middle of my PR card process as well, so any advice??

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Sankyman said:
hi guys ,
I have recently received my pr visa and am planning my landing however, can anyone please tell me do we have any need for the cic profile after landing, since I have hired a consultant and he has been giving me a hard time since the beginning and hasn't shared the login details of my profile, and I do not want him to be in the middle of my PR card process as well, so any advice??
Do you mean the express entry profile? I don't believe you'll need that for the PR card. Once you complete your landing formalities and provide the canadian address to the immigration officer, the PR issuing process will be triggered and you'll get it in your mailing address when its due. If for some reason it gets delayed (i.e. you wait beyond the processing time posted on cic website) you'll then have to call them and ask for the status.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Sankyman said:
hi guys ,
the consultant can be in deep trouble if he gives you any problem after landing in Canada. If he tries, simply report him to the consultants regulatory body and to the local police as well. He can't hold your mail against your will here as it is a very serious crime.
Make sure you tell the immigration officer not to send your PR Card to his address, give a friends or relatives address instead, if possible.
Otherwise you can always give new address within afew days to CIC by calling the CIC Call Centre 1-888-242-2100 (toll-free).

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
rmwahab said:
Dear All,

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Landing Process is completed on the airport and as soon as you get SIN. PR card processing time is 46 days on average though I got it on 42nd day. But it keeps on changing so either you may extend the trip to two months at least or you can decide to come back soon after doing the landing.