+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Sirenane said:
If you don't enter by the date specified on the COPR then you forfeit your PR and will have to reapply and start from zero. You'll have to pay all the fees again as well.
Harsh. This is what I found on cic website: "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam."

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
mira_johnson said:
Harsh. This is what I found on cic website: "Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam."
I think that's why they are changing this with the new Application Kit, too many were having to redo their medicals. With the new system there will be no more upfront medicals, they will request it later. My husband applied with the soon to be old system but he didn't do his medical upfront and when they had processed everything else, they requested his medical. He had his COPR in just over a month after he did his medical. He did his medical August 19th 2016 and he has to enter Canada by August 27, 2017. So they give about a week after the medical date.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mira_johnson said:
Unless there is an exceptional circumstance like death of a close family member or hospitalization etc, it is extremely unlikely that you will be allowed to do re-medical and land as a Permanent Resident after the date mentioned on your COPR. Do not count on this option. If the officer denies you entry, you have to start from scratch.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Landing Toronto in Jan 2017. I came to know that medical insurance in Ontario is provided three months after landing. What if I need medical coverage immediately after landing for myself or family?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alee667 said:
Landing Toronto in Jan 2017. I came to know that medical insurance in Ontario is provided three months after landing. What if I need medical coverage immediately after landing for myself or family?
You have to purchase private insurance for yourself and any accompanying family members to cover the initial 3 month period.

rajC

Jul 24, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO /CVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
17-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
17-12-2015, 02-09-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2015, 02-12-2018
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
03-22-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
alee667 said:
And please make sure you need coverage for if there is any known condition make sure you don't fall under exclusions .
I.e pregnancy is one of that .

Steffidias

Apr 8, 2016
I am scheduled to land in Canada for the first time in January. I need to make my first landing before 31st January according to my CoPR. But there's been a problem for my husband who can't make it before that date. Is there a way we could extend the duration of this?

Thanks in advance

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Steffidias said:
I am scheduled to land in Canada for the first time in January. I need to make my first landing before 31st January according to my CoPR. But there's been a problem for my husband who can't make it before that date. Is there a way we could extend the duration of this?

Thanks in advance
No extension unless you have a new addition to the family like a baby which means you then have to return your passport and the COPR issued for them to be cancelled then wait for a new set to be reissued. Nonetheless, send an email to your visa office requesting for entry visa validity to be extended. All the best with that.

can_swim

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Hello,

Sorry to deviate from the ongoing discussion. But I was hoping I could get some pointers on a question I had. I am to do my landing before Feb 2017 for my PR process to complete. However, I currently do not intend to permanently settle in Canada. So, I will be traveling to Canada to just complete the landing formalities and take a small vacation up in Whistler in Feb 2017.

Now, I was originally intending to complete my landing at Vancouver (due to good connections from my country - India and its proximity to Whistler).

However, I read somewhere that if I landed in Calgary (AB) - I would also have the option of getting my health card right away.

Now, given that we wont have a permanent address in Canada anytime soon or in Feb 2017 even. Does it make sense for me to land in AB and get my health card following the landing process? OR should I just go to Vancouver because I wont get a health card in AB anyway because I dont have any residence proof?

Health card seems like a good incentive for me to perform my landing in Calgary AB. Just wanted to check if it is feasible if I just have a weeks worth of time with no residence proof.

Thanks!
Can_swim

HarryDxb

Jan 20, 2016
Hi All,

I have a query about my landing experience.
I did a short landing in September this year for 2 weeks at Vancouver and returned back to my country, and subsequently got my PR card in October.
However, during the landing I was not asked by the immigration officer to go to customs for Goods Accompanying/Goods To Follow list and I was also doing a short landing I did not have much luggage. So I did not get any stamp on Goods Accompanying/Goods To Follow list.

I will be immigrating for good in 2017, at which point I will have some more luggage (but it will only be clothes, used laptop, used mobile and other basic items etc.) as I am a bachelor; and I wont have any goods to follow as I will buy most of stuff in Canada when I migrate for good in 2017.

So in 2017 when I migrate for good, would I need to go to customs again with a Goods Accompanying list and get it stamped, or would I need to pay duty on the items I have with me? Also as a returning PR, do we need to go to customs everytime we return to Canada from abroad, if the items we have are only for personal use?

Thanks,
Harrydxb

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
can_swim said:
Hello,

Sorry to deviate from the ongoing discussion. But I was hoping I could get some pointers on a question I had. I am to do my landing before Feb 2017 for my PR process to complete. However, I currently do not intend to permanently settle in Canada. So, I will be traveling to Canada to just complete the landing formalities and take a small vacation up in Whistler in Feb 2017.

Now, I was originally intending to complete my landing at Vancouver (due to good connections from my country - India and its proximity to Whistler).

However, I read somewhere that if I landed in Calgary (AB) - I would also have the option of getting my health card right away.

Now, given that we wont have a permanent address in Canada anytime soon or in Feb 2017 even. Does it make sense for me to land in AB and get my health card following the landing process? OR should I just go to Vancouver because I wont get a health card in AB anyway because I dont have any residence proof?

Health card seems like a good incentive for me to perform my landing in Calgary AB. Just wanted to check if it is feasible if I just have a weeks worth of time with no residence proof.

Thanks!
Can_swim
What's the point of having a health card when you are not going to stay anyway. I suggest you keep things simple. Land exactly where you with to live. At max you will have to wait 3 months for the health card.

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
I got PPR email yesterday and since me and my wife's medicals expire on 16 may 2017, I'm sure my CoPR letter will mention that we have to land before 16 may 2017. The thing is my wife is expecting and the delivery due date is early June. We will not get permission to fly 2 weeks before delivery by our doctor here. I just want to ask if this situation is acceptable enough for CIC to extend my landing date? It would be great if we could get our baby delivered in our home country, get the baby added to our CoPR and then all 3 of us make our landing together. Is it possible?

Songsort

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.
My younger brother has just got his RP visa for himself and his family. One of his sons is actually attending school in Canada. In that case, does his son need to leave Canada and then land with or after my brother?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.