+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi guys

I will be flag-poling at Niagara in 2 weeks time. As an Inland FSW, i understand i need to take my passport, COPR, visa, and show proof of funds.

• For proof of funds, do i need to show official bank statements with its letterhead or is an online banking printout acceptable?

And also do the funds have had to be in the bank for a few months?

Its so confusing to see people in other threads say you should carry pictures, WES papers, and even transcripts.

PS. sorry if this has been asked earlier, i have looked around quite a bit but cant seem to find details on POF.
thanks

silkperfume

Jul 17, 2015
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
We landed in Toronto on 26th of Sept 2016 and the imm. officer asked us to show the POF and we only had our bank statement from UK bank and about CAD 500 as we were only planning to stay for few days.
He said that was not sufficient and we needed to have either cash or a bank draft or we needed a bank account in canada with suficient amount.
Lastly, he said we needed to open the bank account the next day and wire transfer the money which we agreed.
He took our address to sent the PR card and and signed the COPR and gave us our copy.
The next day we went to Canada service center to get SIN number but for some reason only my wife's SIN was processed and mine was not.
They said this happens all the time and asked us to come back 2 days but even after 2 days it was not processed.
Lastly they suggested to process in manually which could take up to 43 working days.

Now im worried same thing would happen to my PR card?
Now we are back in UK, and i cannot even contact CIC to get more information ?
Is there any way to contact CIC?

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
silkperfume said:
hi
We landed in Toronto on 26th of Sept 2016 and the imm. officer asked us to show the POF and we only had our bank statement from UK bank and about CAD 500 as we were only planning to stay for few days.
He said that was not sufficient and we needed to have either cash or a bank draft or we needed a bank account in canada with suficient amount.
Lastly, he said we needed to open the bank account the next day and wire transfer the money which we agreed.
He took our address to sent the PR card and and signed the COPR and gave us our copy.
The next day we went to Canada service center to get SIN number but for some reason only my wife's SIN was processed and mine was not.
They said this happens all the time and asked us to come back 2 days but even after 2 days it was not processed.
Lastly they suggested to process in manually which could take up to 43 working days.

Now im worried same thing would happen to my PR card?
Now we are back in UK, and i cannot even contact CIC to get more information ?
Is there any way to contact CIC?
Well that's a serious matter.

So you leave the country without taking your SIN? You didn't try to investigate?

Do you have criminal offences against your name or do you use different names?

Discuss this matter with legal lawyer in Canada who specifically handle Canadian Immigration Cases as this is serious

You should not wait for 41 days to complete for PR cards to receive and act proactively.

If you receive PR Cards then you are all safe and you can take SIN when you land next time

dguru

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 (1st Landing)
Hello House!!!

From experiences, when do you think is the best month/period to land in Canada. We have landed before now and done all our landing documentations. We are currently planning to relocate finally to Canada but would want to know the best period to Land.

Please Landed seniors, your inputs would be most welcomed.

Best regards,

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
dguru said:
Hello House!!!

From experiences, when do you think is the best month/period to land in Canada. We have landed before now and done all our landing documentations. We are currently planning to relocate finally to Canada but would want to know the best period to Land.

Please Landed seniors, your inputs would be most welcomed.

Best regards,
Only you can decide when its best to return. There are no restrictions as such. Anytime is good.
Weather is generally good in summer months (between May to October). November gets cold and then winter months between Dec to April.
Schools start in September generally for the school year.

Remember, must land before visa expiry

dguru

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 (1st Landing)
canvis2006 said:
Only you can decide when its best to return. There are no restrictions as such. Anytime is good.
Weather is generally good in summer months (between May to October). November gets cold and then winter months between Dec to April.
Schools start in September generally for the school year.

Remember, must land before visa expiry
Thanks Canvis2006 for your input.

muhzahid

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London (VO VCM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid on 07-Aug-2015
Nomination.....
PER dated 18-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2015 (3rd line updated on 15-Oct-2015)//Re-medical on 19-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
AlhamdoLillah, on 03-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 25-Oct-2016[/b]
LANDED..........
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 07-Feb-2017[/b]
Friends,

Due to some personal reasons, I am planning to do my Landing in Toronto during this winter.

Please guide me about the stuff which I should bring with me to cope with the winters? And where can I buy this stuff in Lahore?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated please.

Regards,

iceman87

Sep 8, 2015
Hello people, preparing to move to Canada and I have a few questions, appreciate replies...

1. Is the form B4/B4A now known as BSF186/BSF186A wherein BSF186 is for the items I'll be taking with me on my first landing and BSF186A for the ones I plan in to get later on into Canada? (Is there a time limit within which I should get the items into Canada declared in the 186A?)

2. I plan on getting cash to the tune of 20 to 25k CAD, do I have to show the source for these funds? (Is a gift letter from my parents good enough?)

3. For jewelry items, photos and invoices in my local currency are good enough? Or do I have to get the value of the jewelry mentioned in CAD from the place of purchase?

Thank you for your responses!

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
If you will reach in mid winter, stores are already putting winter stuff on discount.

you better buy all stuff from canada. People buy winter stuff and sue it for 10 years so ultimately it becomes cheap as per usage.

I advice to buy from Canada like winter shoes, under layers , jackets from Canada. Though can buy sweaters from Pakistan. Most of the time layering is used in winter. Do google 'layer dressing in canada"

muhzahid said:
Friends,

Due to some personal reasons, I am planning to do my Landing in Toronto during this winter.

Please guide me about the stuff which I should bring with me to cope with the winters? And where can I buy this stuff in Lahore?

Your guidance will be highly appreciated please.

Regards,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
canada11 said:
If you will reach in mid winter, stores are already putting winter stuff on discount.

you better buy all stuff from canada. People buy winter stuff and sue it for 10 years so ultimately it becomes cheap as per usage.

I advice to buy from Canada like winter shoes, under layers , jackets from Canada.
Fully agree, an added advantage when buying winter stuff in Canada is that you'll know up to what temperature is that jacket/or boot going to keep you warm...i.e. usually you'll find tags attached which note "-30 C" or "-45 C" ...etc. I don't know if you can find the same in Pakistan...but at least i haven't seen this in the countries i've been to.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I bought a jacket worth AED 600 from Dubai with rating -10 celsius.. But its not practical because most of the time layering is being used...

Like .... undershirt, Shirt, Sweater & then Jacket with hood. You just need shirt in home, sweater if going in car, & then jacket if getting out of car & have to walk for 5 min ..

And don't underestimate the use of wool socks & winter shoes.from

In nutshell ..buy from Canada.. Forget the cost factor

emamabd said:
Fully agree, an added advantage when buying winter stuff in Canada is that you'll know up to what temperature is that jacket/or boot going to keep you warm...i.e. usually you'll find tags attached which note "-30 C" or "-45 C" ...etc. I don't know if you can find the same in Pakistan...but at least i haven't seen this in the countries i've been to.

muhzahid

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London (VO VCM)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid on 07-Aug-2015
Nomination.....
PER dated 18-Feb-2015
Med's Request
03-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Aug-2015 (3rd line updated on 15-Oct-2015)//Re-medical on 19-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
AlhamdoLillah, on 03-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 25-Oct-2016[/b]
LANDED..........
[b]AlhamdoLillah, on 07-Feb-2017[/b]
Thank you bros, for such good tips.

canada11 said:

I advice to buy from Canada like winter shoes, under layers , jackets from Canada. Though can buy sweaters from Pakistan. Most of the time layering is used in winter. Do google 'layer dressing in canada"
canada11 said:
I bought a jacket worth AED 600 from Dubai with rating -10 celsius.. But its not practical because most of the time layering is being used...

Like .... undershirt, Shirt, Sweater & then Jacket with hood. You just need shirt in home, sweater if going in car, & then jacket if getting out of car & have to walk for 5 min ..

And don't underestimate the use of wool socks & winter shoes.from

In nutshell ..buy from Canada.. Forget the cost factor
emamabd said:

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
for winter clothing, only shop in Canada, or any cold country. buying everything from home country is not suit enough to bear Canada winter temperature.

MRayan

Apr 26, 2016
Can someone please let me know the procedure of getting driving experience in Saudi Arabia. I live in Riyadh. Thanks in advance.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
LANDING Tomorrow, Need Help

Dear Community,

I need some help. I have been business travelling lately and could not prepare well for my landing. I am flying to Canada tomorrow night and need your help. I am only going for 3 weeks(We are family of four incl. 2 kids) and will be returning to Doha afterwards. Will plan a permanent move towards end of 2017.

Questions for urgent help pls:

1. I have CAD 5,000 with me, bank statements of two banks as well as 3 credit cards are available. Will I still face problem with proof of funds? or can I tell them I am only here for 3 weeks and will shift funds once completely moved? or should I prepare a draft etc for the remaining which will useless as I will not keep this money in Canada.

2. Apart from goods accompanying and goods to follow, do I need to fill any other forms, like landing card etc. in advance?

3. I am expecting to carry appx CAD $ 200K towards end of 2017 when I move permanently. As of now, I have proof of cad 110K only as cash. How can I ensure that the remaining $'s can be custom/tax free when I move it to CAD?

4. Some friends asked me to only apply for RP and Social Insurance while in Canada to avoid creating any ties to Canada which can make my foreign income taxable, is this approach correct?

5. I have a long list of goods to follow incl. imp. electronics, my car, some imp furniture and rugs and carpets etc. Do I need to approximate worth of all these items. What if I run out of space?

Appreciate quickest feedback on above questions as I am panicking a bit as 23 hours are left to my flight and I am not well prepared.

Thank you and regards