+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Givethanks37

Jan 3, 2016
Dear forum members, I have been a PR since April 2013. I stayed for 2 months and returned to Nigeria. I am in a training program which will end October, 2016. My PR card will expire June 2018. I plan to return to Canada in October 2016. By this time I will be 4month short of 730 PR obligation. I have to stay to finish the training program. My family will return at the right time. Thank you.

Thank you so much. I am really grateful. This is my plan. I plan to contact the embassy to tell them this problem. I plan to formally report this problem to the embassy. I plan to tell the embassy to permit me to stay for four months extra in Nigeria on an humanitarian ground so as to complete a training I have embarked upon long time ago. I plan to let the embassy know that I have applied for a PhD program at the University of Toronto and my commencement of this program is based on my successfully conclusion of the Nigerian program. I think if the embassy verify with my training institution in Nigeria and the University of Toronto. They may be able to help. Thank you. Does any body have another idea?.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Jergens said:
hello..
i am new to this forum..we are supposed to land in canada before july 7th. so i would like to know what is the best time to land with regard to climate and air ticket fare?

i am planning to land in alberta.. i heard that the government will help us in providing the household furnitures and grocery vouchers...is that true?
if so where shuld i apply for the same?
and to open a bank account what all documents are needed?
no, the govt will not help you financially or in any other way. that is what settlement funds are for. once you start contributing towards Employment Insurance, you get assistance if you happen to find yourself unemployed.
For bank account, all you need is a Canadian address, passport, copr and SIN.

Givethanks37

Jan 3, 2016
Dear forum members, I have been a PR since April 2013. I stayed for 2 months and returned to Nigeria. I am in a training program which will end October, 2016. My PR card will expire June 2018. I plan to return to Canada in October 2016. By this time I will be 4month short of 730 PR obligation. I have to stay to finish the training program. My family will return at the right time. Thank you.Thank you so much. I am really grateful.

This is my plan. I plan to contact the embassy to tell them this problem. I plan to formally report this problem to the embassy. I plan to tell the embassy to permit me to stay for four months extra in Nigeria on an humanitarian ground so as to complete a training I have embarked upon long time ago. I plan to let the embassy know that I have applied for a PhD program at the University of Toronto and my commencement of this program is based on my successfully conclusion of the Nigerian program. I think if the embassy verify with my training institution in Nigeria and the University of Toronto. They may be able to help. Thank you. Does any body have another idea?.

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi guys,

1) Can i book air ticket of one airline from my home country to Toronto and then another airline ticket from Toronto to Halifax ? Is there any obligation that it should be a direct flight to Halifax ? I will have two tickets with me in that case rather than one ticket.

2) Is it mandatory to provide address for PR card at the immigration ? Or can i provide that later ?

It would be great help if you could reply me.

Nova_S

Star Member
Apr 6, 2014
Snehan said:
Hi guys,

1) Can i book air ticket of one airline from my home country to Toronto and then another airline ticket from Toronto to Halifax ? Is there any obligation that it should be a direct flight to Halifax ? I will have two tickets with me in that case rather than one ticket.

2) Is it mandatory to provide address for PR card at the immigration ? Or can i provide that later ?

1- absolutely ok.
2- not mandatory you can provide online thru ECAS later

Whih province are you going ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Snehan said:
Hi guys,

Yes you can but you will have to complete your landing formalities in Toronto event though your final destination is Halifax. Landing formalities are generally done at the first port of entry

You have an option to provide it later. AFAIK, you will have to update your myCIC account when you have a Canadian address.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
alok4best said:
no, the govt will not help you financially or in any other way. that is what settlement funds are for. once you start contributing towards Employment Insurance, you get assistance if you happen to find yourself unemployed.
For bank account, all you need is a Canadian address, passport, copr and SIN.
although the government doesn't provide this type of support, there are some government funded settlement organizations that do provide assistance with obtaining some basic "used" furniture to newcomers. I know that this one exists in ontario (details below), not sure about Alberta though.

Typically, refugees will need this type of assistance..since FSW immigrants would have their own funds to cover furniture needs.

1200 Markham Road, Suite 214
Toronto ON
M1H 3C3

Tel: (416) 431-4847 ext 224
Fax: (416) 431-7283

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I along with my family completed the landing procedure this weekend successfully via Peace Bridge.

The immigration officer was really nice and even provided goods to follow form since I didn’t have it with me.
I stayed in Canada for two days however couldn’t apply for SIN since Service Canada was closed due to Holiday schedule.

I returned USA via Rainbow Bridge and had to spend about an hour in US immigration. Since we didn’t have valid visa to enter USA, I told officer that I am using AVR rule to Enter USA and still have valid H1 Status. The officer was really nice and asked me to wait until they stamped our passports, he also said I am eligible to enter USA after travelling any North American countries within 30 days even when I don’t have a valid visa.

Both immigration procedures were seamless and had really good experiences.

I am happy to help anyone who is under the same boat, heartfelt thanks to everyone in this forum who helped throughout this process.

Thanks everyone!!

Elizasalaz

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Greetings and blessings to all !

Can you help me with the formularies that I have to complete at landing. Me and my partner are planning to carry more than CA 10,000 with us but in separate travelers checks. Do we have to make one declaration for the two of us or individual?

Also, I understand that we have to present the B4 form at the airport, but for the goods to follow is there another form? or its the same? We are planning to carry more money on the next months after we land, do we have to declare in the b4 form?.

I would like to know as well which items do we have to declare, we are not planning to carry any furniture or jewelry but only by partners playstation, electric guitar and our laptops. Do we have to declare this kind of items?

What do you recommend?

I really appreciate any help!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Elizasalaz said:
Greetings and blessings to all !

Can you help me with the formularies that I have to complete at landing. Me and my partner are planning to carry more than CA 10,000 with us but in separate travelers checks. Do we have to make one declaration for the two of us or individual?
The principal applicant is the one who will be asked (by the immigration officers) to provide PoF for the whole family. So if your partner is the principal applicant he needs to provide proof of funds. He will also need to declare the funds for customs purposes.

However if each of you will have funds above 10k CAD then both of you need to declare.

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
how much should i carry as proof of funds for a family size of 4. the current list on cic website is for express entry.

Can anyone tell what is the value for FSW-2014 application.

thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
glenn9090 said:
how much should i carry as proof of funds for a family size of 4. the current list on cic website is for express entry.

Can anyone tell what is the value for FSW-2014 application.

thanks
the same figures apply

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
Congrats brother !!

I am planning to complete my landing this weekend as well and return to US in couple of days.

Can you or any senior please suggest the best way of carrying POF? can I exchange at the border for initial spending and show my US savings account statements for a wire transfer after opening a bank account in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

bikbis said:
I along with my family completed the landing procedure this weekend successfully via Peace Bridge.

The immigration officer was really nice and even provided goods to follow form since I didn’t have it with me.
I stayed in Canada for two days however couldn’t apply for SIN since Service Canada was closed due to Holiday schedule.

I returned USA via Rainbow Bridge and had to spend about an hour in US immigration. Since we didn’t have valid visa to enter USA, I told officer that I am using AVR rule to Enter USA and still have valid H1 Status. The officer was really nice and asked me to wait until they stamped our passports, he also said I am eligible to enter USA after travelling any North American countries within 30 days even when I don’t have a valid visa.

Both immigration procedures were seamless and had really good experiences.

I am happy to help anyone who is under the same boat, heartfelt thanks to everyone in this forum who helped throughout this process.

Thanks everyone!!

induscan

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request
15-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-01-2016
Hi,

Just wanted to confirm. Can I take few CAD (around $1000?) for immediate use and show US bank savings for the reminder as POF?

Please advise. Thanks !

nekeol said:
ur first landing is considered as full regular landing therefore vo want to check funds.
U can take some funds with u and rest in statement form and tell officer that after opening bank account in Canada you will bring all required funds as per statement

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
induscan said:
Congrats brother !!

I am planning to complete my landing this weekend as well and return to US in couple of days.

Can you or any senior please suggest the best way of carrying POF? can I exchange at the border for initial spending and show my US savings account statements for a wire transfer after opening a bank account in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

I had no Cash with me at all, All I had was a Bank of America Bank Statement print outs signed and stamped by BOA employee.

No Need to carry Cash or TA or anything as such, A bank statement will do, hope this helps!