+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rameshc11

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
Interview........
TLU : 28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
4-12-2015
LANDED..........
March 2016
thomasuk said:
Hello Guys,
I have received my visa, I am a principal applicant. My wife is 8 months pregnant and we informed visa office, visa office advised us to update information when the baby is born. Our visa is going to expire on March 2016.

My questions are follows;

When we will add our baby's name, do we all need to do medical again? Or, only baby needs to do medical?

When we add our baby's name, how long will it take to reissue the new visa (approximately)?

Many thanks.
Congrats on the upcoming good news.

Travelling in the 8th month would be risky for both mother and child and a lot of airlines dont allow pregnant women (beyond a certain point in pregnancy cycle) to travel.

please consult your doctor before making a travel decision.

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have also completed my landing formalities at Ottawa on 11th Sep 15. Have you checked your status on ECAS? My ECAS status is still showing the status as Decision Made instead of "Completed". What is your status on ECAS?
I m worried about this. Is this hapenned with anyone other also.

blast4past said:
Hi Guys,
Did landing today at Ottawa. Very few people at airport, so got to the officer quickly who redirected me to the immigration office. We were the only ones in the immigration office, so our process got over real quick.
Officer did not ask for POF(but I had all the docs just in case). He took my Canadian mailing address, but did not take my pre-filled new PR card application or passport photos - he said all that was done electronically and there was no need for me to submit a paper based new PR card app. He got the COPRs signed & attached to our passports.
Gave the B4 & B4A forms to the next officer & that was it.

In all it took about 35 minutes only.

I hope all the people waiting for their apps will get it over with soon too.

Thanks guys !

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
There are 2 questions that I have. Would be great if experts/seniors can advise:

1. My Wife (Indian Citizen) who is in Canada as a Temp Worker has sent her Passport to CPC - Ottawa for PR Visa Stamping.
a. Can she ask for a "Landing" Appointment with CIC Office in Halifax now?
b. Should she wait for the Passport to get Stamped and returned to her and then get her "Landed Status" through Flagpoling? Is there any risk in Flagpoling?

2. I'm about to send my Passport to Delhi CIC office via VFS Global.
a. Do I need to travel to Canada within a specified time period i.e. Validity of the Stamped "Immigrant" Visa?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunil_k_gupta said:
Hi, I have also completed my landing formalities at Ottawa on 11th Sep 15. Have you checked your status on ECAS? My ECAS status is still showing the status as Decision Made instead of "Completed". What is your status on ECAS?
I m worried about this. Is this hapenned with anyone other also.
ECAS is notoriously wonky. Don't worry about it.

takhan

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office. Now Manila since December 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
Medical and RPRF request on 15th April 2015
Med's Done....
16th April 2015
Passport Req..
July 13, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
24/07/2015
LANDED..........
Landed on September 30,2015. Rerceived PR card on December 10,2015.
Where can i find B4 and B4A form?

manvar2318

Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Fee deducted:02-Feb-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 01-Mar-2015
AOR Received.
11-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
SLU: 21-May-2015
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
21-May-2015
Med's Done....
30-May-2015
Interview........
TLU : 10-Jun-2015, DM :10-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
28-Aug-2015, Submitted : 09-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
23-April-2016
Hi guys..wanted to check if anyone aware that after entering into Canada... How can we move to USA ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manvar2318 said:
Hi guys..wanted to check if anyone aware that after entering into Canada... How can we move to USA ?
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabret00the said:
There are 2 questions that I have. Would be great if experts/seniors can advise:

1. My Wife (Indian Citizen) who is in Canada as a Temp Worker has sent her Passport to CPC - Ottawa for PR Visa Stamping.
a. Can she ask for a "Landing" Appointment with CIC Office in Halifax now?
Yes. This is the simplest & easiest.

b. Should she wait for the Passport to get Stamped and returned to her and then get her "Landed Status" through Flagpoling? Is there any risk in Flag-poling?
She could do this too, she'll need a visa for the U.S. As she doesn't hold a visa-exempt passport. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

2. I'm about to send my Passport to Delhi CIC office via VFS Global.
a. Do I need to travel to Canada within a specified time period i.e. Validity of the Stamped "Immigrant" Visa?
You have to travel to Canada before your COPR expires: the expiry date is *usually* one year from the date of your medical.

aaji

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hai all,

I need an urgent advice,

I have to open an account to take money to another country.one person can take money upto 1million in Rupees without tax.I travel with my spouse hence I hv to take more than 14000CAD.In the application I showed money on spouse name.

Is it ok that I take drafts on my name and my spouse name like 7000CAD each. ( then altogether 14000)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaji said:
Hai all,

I need an urgent advice,

I have to open an account to take money to another country.one person can take money upto 1million in Rupees without tax.I travel with my spouse hence I hv to take more than 14000CAD.In the application I showed money on spouse name.

Is it ok that I take drafts on my name and my spouse name like 7000CAD each. ( then altogether 14000)
I don't understand.

To take money to another country does not require one to open an account. One could take their monetary instrument in cash or demand draft to one country and bring it back to its origin or even keep them under their pillow.

aaji

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
steaky said:
I don't understand.

To take money to another country does not require one to open an account. One could take their monetary instrument in cash or demand draft to one country and bring it back to its origin or even keep them under their pillow.

It is mandatory in Sri Lanka when migrating

ibo_jayu

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Received 23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
8-7-2015
Med's Done....
16-7-2015. TLU 28-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submission 22-9.2015. Passport recd 25-09-2015
LANDED..........
Hi All, I am new to this discussion, though I was associated with another discussion thread on this forum. I have got my PR Visa stamped this week.
I have few questions about landing and health insurance.

Its me and my son are part of my application. My son is already in Canada on student visa.

As per the OHIP eligibility as appended below, one needs to be there for first 5 months out of 6 months after landing. Can anyone confirm on this. As I was thinking of going there for 1-2 months and come back again here in India. I am only earning member and dont want to quit my job immediately and go.

People who have landed can help me knowing this.

OHIP Eligibility

Am I eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage?

You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant, or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;

AND

you make your primary place of residence in Ontario; and generally,
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence); and
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ibo_jayu said:
Hi All, I am new to this discussion, though I was associated with another discussion thread on this forum. I have got my PR Visa stamped this week.
I have few questions about landing and health insurance.

Its me and my son are part of my application. My son is already in Canada on student visa.

As per the OHIP eligibility as appended below, one needs to be there for first 5 months out of 6 months after landing. Can anyone confirm on this. As I was thinking of going there for 1-2 months and come back again here in India. I am only earning member and dont want to quit my job immediately and go.

People who have landed can help me knowing this.

OHIP Eligibility

Am I eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage?

You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or landed immigrant, or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;

AND

you make your primary place of residence in Ontario; and generally,
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately following the date you establish residence in Ontario (you cannot be absent for more than 30 days during the first 6 months of residence); and
you are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.
In your case, you would need to wait until you come back and settle in Ontario permanently, there is no point registering if you won't meet the OHIP residency requirement. Presumably your son will meet it so he can register.

Are you asking whether OHIP verifies this, or how OHIP verifies?