+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

ILC

Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Sept 2014
Nomination.....
23 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
22 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Request
06th July2015
Med's Done....
July and Aug 2015
LANDED..........
02dec2015
Hello all...we wish to land in feb 2016 in vancouver...pls anybody suggest me which house hold item i choose to take and which not...also medicine which is permitted and which not....

ismattlarson

Nov 29, 2013
I am spouse of principle applicant, we are on the last stage of FSWP 2014 Application (Medicals were done for now they requested my additional information on background SCHEDULE from age 18.)

1. Went to USA at age 18 for studies with 4 years student visa. Due to financial reasons did not pursue bachelor degree, worked in odd jobs (convenience stores, valet parkings, etc). I dont have any paystubs or letters from the places I have worked since all work was done on illegal status.
2. Over stayed in USA for 8 years ( illegal status)
3. I have not kept any records of my previous USA addresses, and previous employers (worked on cash)

Now they have requested my updated schedule of USA. Now my question is how do I mention this in my Updated Schedule they have requested.

I have already mentioned in my initial Schedule that I was in USA. FBI fingerprint already sent for processing. I just want to know how do I mention this in the excel type Background Schedule sheet they have provided. Kindly provide good ideas so they do not send additional questions and the application process is completed quicker.

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ismattlarson said:
I am spouse of principle applicant, we are on the last stage of FSWP 2014 Application (Medicals were done for now they requested my additional information on background SCHEDULE from age 18.)

1. Went to USA at age 18 for studies with 4 years student visa. Due to financial reasons did not pursue bachelor degree, worked in odd jobs (convenience stores, valet parkings, etc). I dont have any paystubs or letters from the places I have worked since all work was done on illegal status.
2. Over stayed in USA for 8 years ( illegal status)
3. I have not kept any records of my previous USA addresses, and previous employers (worked on cash)

Now they have requested my updated schedule of USA. Now my question is how do I mention this in my Updated Schedule they have requested.

I have already mentioned in my initial Schedule that I was in USA. FBI fingerprint already sent for processing. I just want to know how do I mention this in the excel type Background Schedule sheet they have provided. Kindly provide good ideas so they do not send additional questions and the application process is completed quicker.

Thanks in advance
Write a cover letter with what you just said, that you went to the US on a student visa, ended up staying illegally for 8 years and working odd jobs for cash but that you have not kept records of your addresses nor where you were working. That's the best you can do.

Having overstayed in another country is not held against you when you apply for PR.

goodgreen

Jan 13, 2015
Hello,

i am preparing the B4 and B4A document and not sure how much details i should go into , can you please share few samples you may have

Thanks,

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Thank you really helpful thread. I'm now worried since my Medicals are about to expire in Jan 2016 and I'm currently living outside Canada.

HappyEnding

Sep 11, 2015
chotu123 said:
Hi all

I am planning to land in Canada in Feb 2016. Regarding POF, I heard that it is illegal to carry more then 10,000 dollars, but at the same time the requirement for POF is $11,374...so am i expected to take all this in cash? If yes, who shall i declare it to??
it is not illegal to carry more than $10,000. You only need to declare it when you have more than $10,000 on you.

July16AP

Aug 8, 2015
Friends,

I received my PPR last week and submitted passports to VFS. We must travel before this year end. The problem is with my children's school, can they come back after two weeks short landing with my wife and can I collect their PR cards as primary applicant?

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
Regarding fund I have a frankly question.
1. Is it required to show my full already shown money in airport when landing?
2. Is it like cash or same money in my home country?
3. Can I bring say for example 5000 instead dad of required 11000 cash and if I show to immigration officer that ok? As I may find job/ odd job to maintain few expenses so I think initially 5000 is ok for me. If I say I will bring more money in Canada later on if I need. Will it do?
4. In this case do I need to so my fund in bank or encashable or my asset as land will do?
Give and plz ASAP

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Wow... amazing info on this thread, keeping a watch since i will soon need info from here :)

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
wan2no said:
Regarding fund I have a frankly question.
1. Is it required to show my full already shown money in airport when landing?
2. Is it like cash or same money in my home country?
3. Can I bring say for example 5000 instead dad of required 11000 cash and if I show to immigration officer that ok? As I may find job/ odd job to maintain few expenses so I think initially 5000 is ok for me. If I say I will bring more money in Canada later on if I need. Will it do?
4. In this case do I need to so my fund in bank or encashable or my asset as land will do?
Give and plz ASAP
1. Yes
2. Nope. you need to have the money in ur possession.
3. Nope. You are supposed to show the pof as per the requirement of ur program and no deviation from that.
4. You need to have CASH and not land or gold as pof.

Pritpalgill

Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
File Transfer...
SLU on 29-05-15
Med's Request
01-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-06-2015
Interview........
TLU on 18-06-2015 and DM on 14-08-2015
Passport Req..
31-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet.
Guys need an advise about landing in Canada, I want to land in mid December this year due to some exigencies. Is that a good time to start life in there?
I know it is going to be too cold there, but I am quite prepared for that, concern is how is job market there at that time of the year. Is it a good decision to be there in mid winters or I should delay it further, if yes then what is the good time to land in there, I will have my visa valid till June next year (I guess as my MR is of 1st June this year)

Thanks
Pritpal

Tulip9

Dec 29, 2013
Hi All,

We (Me, my husband and kid) landed in Canada in July month this year
Myself and child came back to India after 2 weeks but my husband is there only.
But he also has to urgently come to india in October first week and we all will travel back in October third week.

If our PR cards would arrive before his travel, then it's fine. But if it is not the case, we have to travel without cards only.

As per the immigration officer during our first landing, we can travel back with COPR attached to passport.

But there seems to be some problem with the airlines as they are afraid of penalties on them.

Please suggest if someone has idea about this.

We don't want to opt for travel doc.

Thanks in Advance.

HappyEnding

Sep 11, 2015
Tulip9 said:
Hi All,

We (Me, my husband and kid) landed in Canada in July month this year
Myself and child came back to India after 2 weeks but my husband is there only.
But he also has to urgently come to india in October first week and we all will travel back in October third week.

If our PR cards would arrive before his travel, then it's fine. But if it is not the case, we have to travel without cards only.

As per the immigration officer during our first landing, we can travel back with COPR attached to passport.

But there seems to be some problem with the airlines as they are afraid of penalties on them.

Please suggest if someone has idea about this.

We don't want to opt for travel doc.

Thanks in Advance.
You need to apply for a Travel Document from the Canadian Embassy. Airlines or any other commercial carrier (bus or train) will not carry you if you do not have your PR card or a travel document (which is more or less a visa).

Check this link for info - remove the DOT and spaces "www DOT cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel DOT asp"

SWEETYks

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
PAKISTAN
Visa Office......
LONDON ( RFI)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2015
Nomination.....
16-12-2014 (PER )
File Transfer...
17-12-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
(Waived) By God's Grace
Passport Req..
20-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015 (passport received)
LANDED..........
(Soon) By God's Grace
Hi

anyone planning to land in Canada by nov / dec

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
1. Yes
2. Nope. you need to have the money in ur possession.
3. Nope. You are supposed to show the pof as per the requirement of ur program and no deviation from that.
4. You need to have CASH and not land or gold as pof.
OR readily available, accessible funds in a bank account (bank statement & debit/credit card allowing withdrawals in Canada, for example).