+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

GariKam

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 2014
Thank you so much dear!!! I am happy that my work is being appreciated. I immigrated from a very well settled life style to set up a new life in Canada. It was very hard initially especially with a two year old to care for ... Therefore I have always wanted to help newcomers so that they at least know the basic stuff about settlement here... :)

Gems2511 said:
Thanks for the speedy reply - that's all a big relief :) one less thing I need to stress about now, thank you.
Oh and also I've started looking at your website - it's great! So much information on there, I've now bookmarked it as a favourite.

Anyone moving to BC should definitely check it out!

Gems xo

alimsn

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated Schedule A Request 17/3/2015
Nomination.....
PER 11/12/2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update 10-MAR-2015-Started Processing
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2015, submitted 23-7-2015-Riyadh
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2015
LANDED..........
21-09-2015
sunny1985 said:
Hi everyone,

ecas showing decision made... :)
Congrats, what does it says when you click on "Decision Made" ?

haricanada

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
29 dec 2014
AOR Received.
second line 20th March 2015
Med's Request
15th April 2015
Med's Done....
21st April 2015. third line update on 4th may 2015
Passport Req..
28th May DM 29th May
VISA ISSUED...
16 June 2015
Dear Forum Members,

I am planning to land in Canada by Sept 15. After looking at the forms to be filled while landing, i got some doubts. Could you guys provide me sample filled application forms for:

1. PR Application form (IMM 5444)
2. Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455E)
3. Goods declaration forms

Please help me.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haricanada said:
Dear Forum Members,

I am planning to land in Canada by Sept 15. After looking at the forms to be filled while landing, i got some doubts. Could you guys provide me sample filled application forms for:

1. PR Application form (IMM 5444)
2. Supplementary Identification form (IMM 5455E)
3. Goods declaration forms

Please help me.
1 & 2: Not necessary

3: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Quickfix

Mar 15, 2015
Hi, I'm in urgent need of some expert advice. Me and my husband landed about two weeks back and forgot to declare goods to follow. Now my shipment is stuck at customs in Toronto please help
Kindly suggest what should I do as I have only one working day and UPS has already intimated us.
In huge trouble
Many thanx

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quickfix said:
Hi, I'm in urgent need of some expert advice. Me and my husband landed about two weeks back and forgot to declare goods to follow. Now my shipment is stuck at customs in Toronto please help
Kindly suggest what should I do as I have only one working day and UPS has already intimated us.
In huge trouble
Many thanx
Don't panic. It happens.

Contact CBSA: 1-800-461-9999.

Quickfix

Mar 15, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Don't panic. It happens.

Thankyou for your kind words, however all I'm worried about is any duty or taxes that may imply. Tried calling CBSA they are closed till Monday

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Hi,

Is it possible to start the process of parents sponsoring prior to landing?
In case the answer is no, can we do the sponsoring while we are outside canada (supposing that landing is done)?

thanks.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr.gk said:
Hi,

Is it possible to start the process of parents sponsoring prior to landing?
In case the answer is no, can we do the sponsoring while we are outside canada (supposing that landing is done)?

thanks.
No and no.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
Ok. I completed landing procedure yesterday. Here is my landing experience.

I landed at Ottawa airport. I went to POE officer, and she wrote 'Landing' in my custom form, and asked me to go to immigration dept. There were 8 people before me. The process was very fast. And i was called in 20 minutes. The immigration officer didnt ask me proof of funds. They were very friendly.

Notes: PR card application requires 'address' - to be provided to Officer. I was going to Montreal from Ottawa, and was planning to stay in Montreal at friends home. The POE officer told me that i 'cannot' use Montreal address, because my application was processed in English side. I was under the impression that the PR card application was a federal process, and i can use any address. Apparently it is not. I had few people I know on Ottawa, and i was able to give their address instead.

I moved towards Customs department, and gave 2 forms - B4 and B4A forms. They put a seal on it, and gave a photocopy so that i can use to bring my stuff to Canada at a later date.

The overall process from the time i landed to airport, to the time i am out of airport - was approximately 1 hour. I was out of airport by 3:00 PM. I went to Services Canada straight, and reached there around 3:45 PM. Bureaucratic process takes time, and there were 30 people before me. Around 4:55ish PM my name was called, and i got my social insurance number.

I took train to Montreal, and as i am writing this, i am sipping my coffee, and enjoying the sun.

Good luck to you all.

Reactions: karamba

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quickfix said:
Lammawitch said:
Don't panic. It happens.

Thankyou for your kind words, however all I'm worried about is any duty or taxes that may imply. Tried calling CBSA they are closed till Monday
Given that you only landed 2 weeks ago, and that the lack of a 'goods to follow' list was an omission/forgotten/overlooked, you may find CBSA sympathetic. Only CBSA can answer this.

Contact CBSA first thing Tuesday (Monday is Labour Day).

Good luck!

haricanada

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
29 dec 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
15th April 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
28th May DM 29th May
VISA ISSUED...
16 June 2015
Dear members,

Please clarify on following -

1. We are four (myself, wife and two kids) and got PR. My wife is prime applicant. Now, we both are landing first on Sept 14th and thought of taking kids after sometime. Are there any issues in this? What care to be taken at both the instances?

2. While bringing kids later (as they are dependants), only prime applicant has to associate with them or I can do that? Do we have to show POF, filling PR application forms etc again?

3. I understand that PR application form to be filled for each of the person. How about B4 and B4E? the importer name shall be of prime applicant?

Thanks in advance.

haricanada

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Nomination.....
29 dec 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
15th April 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
28th May DM 29th May
VISA ISSUED...
16 June 2015
Dear Members,

I am practicing filling PR application form (IMM 5444E), and have many doubts. Please clarify. I think this would be useful to all, who would fill the form.

1. Section 2 of the form - Date you became a permanent resident of Canada? (what shall i specify?)

2. Section 12 asks for current residential address in Canada and Section 13 is asking for mailing address in Canada. Can these two have different addresses? We got one shared accommadation, which we would mention in Section 12, and we thought of providing our consultant address for mailing PR cards. Please clarify, if this is OK?

3. Section 14 - asking for telephone number. Is this OK, if left blank (as we will not have any Canada phone number by the time). Or, do we have to take one?

4. Section 16 - Place you became permanent reseident of Canada - What shall i fill here? Is it POE or actual destination? We are landing at Ottawa, but travelling to Toronto.

5. Section 19 - Address History - I understand that i shall fill all the addresses where we stayed for last 5 years. Do I have to mention about my stay during any business trips to abroad? or, just my home address at bangalore?

6. Section 21 - Travelling History - What shall we fill here, as we are doing first landing, and all the time we were outside canada. Do i have to mention all the business trips from India to abroad?

7. Section 22 - Is it applicable to fill during first landing?

Please clarify.

Thanks,