+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
emamabd said:
yes you can open an account on your second day of landing. you will need to have at least 2 pieces of id - so your passport and copr will suffice.
you can give the bank your address and explain to them that you will be staying there for only 3 weeks. No issues with that.

thanks buddy

but i red on scoti bank website that in order to open an account i need to show a proof of address with my name on it ! is this true for all the banks ? did anybody succeeded openining a bank account after a short stay using a hotel address or thats not allowed

I would be really grateful if sombody could answer me as this would dramatically affect how much money i would bring in on landing

thanks guys

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
cooldoc80 said:
thanks buddy

but i red on scoti bank website that in order to open an account i need to show a proof of address with my name on it ! is this true for all the banks ? did anybody succeeded openining a bank account after a short stay using a hotel address or thats not allowed

I would be really grateful if sombody could answer me as this would dramatically affect how much money i would bring in on landing

thanks guys
the COPR will have an address written on it (the address that you are going to provide to the immigration officer during landing).

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Thanks alot Emambad , I didnt know that actually !

I would be landing in toronto , but i would supply the officer with an address of Edmonton to receive my card .

do you think it would be still ok to open bank account at toronto next day of landing or they will tell me that i have to open the account at edmonton ?

thanks

machsaik

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
Med's Request
03-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-02-2015
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent 18-06-2015, VISA ISSUED: 26-06-2015
LANDED..........
sreeji krupa....planning Mid Sept or Mid Oct
hi forummites,

I hear that the SIN card application will be done as soon as we land...is this right? And what do we do for PR card? is this done at the time of landing or after wards at any service centers.....
any clues on short term accommodation in Mississauga and also possibilities to fix up a house before we land.....any advice...

kazioahid

Sep 11, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
IELTS Request
Attached with application.
Hi seniors

Can i land to toronto last 2months before my visa expair date ? Will it make any trauble?

PNEPAL

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Med's Request
21-11-2014
Med's Done....
03-12-2014
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
Aug ,2015
We are planning to land Canada this August ...the academic year there starts at September and my kid will turn 7 in October....he has already completed his Grade I here..does that mean i will have to enroll him in Grade I again as in Canada Kids frm 5-6 are enrolled in Grade I or wait till October so that he turns 7 n we enroll his in Grade II. I dont want him to waste a year just because of one month.

Experts plz throw some lights.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
cooldoc80 said:
Thanks alot Emambad , I didnt know that actually !

I would be landing in toronto , but i would supply the officer with an address of Edmonton to receive my card .

do you think it would be still ok to open bank account at toronto next day of landing or they will tell me that i have to open the account at edmonton ?

thanks
They would ask for two ID Proofs, one would be your visa number / COPR and other could be your SIN. So, you need to try once landed in Toronto. ON Toronto Airport, if you land in day time before 4:30, you can apply for the SIN there at the airport, otherwise you would need to visit Service Canada to do so. For SIN, you need to give an address, you can try with Edmonton Address, if they make it like this then that would work for opening account at Scotia Bank easily.

Jags0211

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi All,

I am new to this thread. I have received my PPR in May and its validity is till Feb 2016. Since i am the principal applicant, i am planning to visit Canada first, look out for a job and then call my spouse before the validity expires.

1. Is that Ok if i travel alone without my spouse?
2. While applying for PR, we have to mention the settlement funds for 2 applicants. Since i am travelling alone, can i show less POF. I do not have enough cash to bring along. Only 5K CAD in cash. Please advise.

Thanks

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
rizwan150 said:
They would ask for two ID Proofs, one would be your visa number / COPR and other could be your SIN. So, you need to try once landed in Toronto. ON Toronto Airport, if you land in day time before 4:30, you can apply for the SIN there at the airport, otherwise you would need to visit Service Canada to do so. For SIN, you need to give an address, you can try with Edmonton Address, if they make it like this then that would work for opening account at Scotia Bank easily.

Dear friend thanks for your help BUT what you say contradict what I red on several topics in the FORUM ! i would be grateful if you could confirm this !

from what i red , the SIN number DOES NOT HAVE ANY ADDRESS ON IT ??? ONLY CORP HAVE ? also please tell me what do you mean that i should TRY WITH EDMONTON ADDRESS , is there a chance that they refuse to put edmonton address if i land in canada ?

if thats happen does this mean i cant open a bank account in toronto until i have a permenant address ?

thanks

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
cooldoc80 said:
Dear friend thanks for your help BUT what you say contradict what I red on several topics in the FORUM ! i would be grateful if you could confirm this !

from what i red , the SIN number DOES NOT HAVE ANY ADDRESS ON IT ??? ONLY CORP HAVE ? also please tell me what do you mean that i should TRY WITH EDMONTON ADDRESS , is there a chance that they refuse to put edmonton address if i land in canada ?

if thats happen does this mean i cant open a bank account in toronto until i have a permenant address ?

thanks
Dear,

Information you read is mis interpretated from forum or someone who comments like this does not hold SIN. SIN has address on it. By try, i mean if they make your SIN with your Edmonton Address in Toronto Airport or in Toronto city then you can check with Scotia Bank.

Better to send an email to Scotia Bank and ask them this question, as this would give you exact and correct information.

Regarding giving address of Edmonton for PR cards delivery, this is for sure they will accept it, as i know many people who have done like this for PR cards.

Sandhu21

Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
File Transfer...
19-02-2015 (Process Started)
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015, Third Line update- 08 April 2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
soon
by what time duration we can get the pr card??

ayanami2281

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
AOR Received.
xx-01-2015
File Transfer...
xx-01-2015
Med's Request
26-02-2015
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
LANDED..........
Aiming August!!!
PNEPAL said:
We are planning to land Canada this August ...the academic year there starts at September and my kid will turn 7 in October....he has already completed his Grade I here..does that mean i will have to enroll him in Grade I again as in Canada Kids frm 5-6 are enrolled in Grade I or wait till October so that he turns 7 n we enroll his in Grade II. I dont want him to waste a year just because of one month.

Experts plz throw some lights.
Your child will be given an assessment to determine which grade he will be entering. It does not really matter if he completed his first grade or not, the school will determine his level base on the assessment result.

ratul2k14

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-15
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hello Everyone,
I recently got my Passport back with the COPR. I am in the US on H1B Visa (Stamped and valid till September 2017). I am planing to complete my landing in the first week of July. I will be giving my friends address while landing and then do a "short landing", will be coming back to the US after staying in Canada for 3-4 days. I have the following question and will really appreciate if anyone can help /advice.

1. Is it OK if I drive my own car or should I rent a car for the 'Short landing' Process?
2. How long do we have to bring the stuff in 'Goods to follow' List into Canada?
3. Do I have to go to my friends place in Peterborough, ON or I can just give his address and then do the paperwork in Niagara Falls and come back?
4. Any restriction on Furniture I can Bring? I heard that Mattresses and Sofas needs to be Fumigated or else they are not allowed in Canada.
5. Are wrist Watches Considered as Jewelry? Should I take pictures of them as well to add to the goods to follow list?
6. What to do with Trading Account and 401k that I have in the USA? Can I maintain my trading Account (Through Scottrade) after I have moved to Canada?
7. Any restrictions on thing that cannot be brought into Canada from USA (besides the usual Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms etc)?
8. Electronics just needs Model Number or the exact serial Number?
9. Has anyone rented an U-Haul for their move to Canada from the States? How was the experience? Recommended or Not?

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
PR is done at airport. You can provide Canadian address for PR delivery at airport or provide them later by calling or via ECAS. For SIN, you need to go to the Service Canada counter at airport if open or any service center nearest to your place. You can find short term furnished accommodation from your country. It would be easier if your friend find it for you. It would cost you far more less.But for long term lease they look at credit history in Canada/Your bank statement for Canadian Bank/Job Offer/Co-signer in Canada (your friend or relative who agrees to pay rent in case you could not pay it)
machsaik said:
hi forummites,

I hear that the SIN card application will be done as soon as we land...is this right? And what do we do for PR card? is this done at the time of landing or after wards at any service centers.....
any clues on short term accommodation in Mississauga and also possibilities to fix up a house before we land.....any advice...