+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
arkscan said:
They will give u a form to fill when u have a permanent address at the airport itself? Where are you supposed to send that form/ how do u send it?
From what I understand and have read elsewhere, you do not need to apply but just provide the "permanent address" in Canada. If you do not have a Cana­dian address at the time when you land in Canada, you must sup­ply one to CIC within 180 days. I haven't landed so I can't speak from firsthand experience, only what I have read.

niknike

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
It Seems there is no clear answer in previous posts too on : For new immigrants/1st time landing (traveling by AIR), what to fill in Part B or Part C of Canada Customs/Embarkation card (which we ll get in plane enroute)
E311: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Query: Are we a visitor or a resident?
(i) If visitor, then what to fill in 'duration of stay in Canada' field?
(ii) If resident, then what to fill in 'Date left Canada' field? Leave the field blank? Now if officer asked question about duration of stay, then what to tell?

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
niknike said:
It Seems there is no clear answer in previous posts too on : For new immigrants/1st time landing (traveling by AIR), what to fill in Part B or Part C of Canada Customs/Embarkation card (which we ll get in plane enroute)

(ii) If resident, then what to fill in 'Date left Canada' field? Leave the field blank? Now if officer asked question about duration of stay, then what to tell?
I haven't seen an answer either, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. When you land, I'm sure the CBSA officers will help you know that to fill in. Just tell them the truth of your situation and you will be fine. To me it would make more logical sense for it to be as a visitor (because you have not landed yet) and the duration of stay to say either "permanent" or leave it blank and as a CBSA officer when you actually land.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
arkscan said:
chasinglight, thanks for informing the issues, it helps others plan...Can u elaborate further please? They will give u a form to fill when u have a permanent address at the airport itself?
You don't have to fill any form. The officer will be filling your COPR, and will be asking you some questions i.e. your address in canada, how much funds you have brought for your settlement, if you are in good health...etc.
arkscan said:
Where are you supposed to send that form/ how do u send it? R u planning to be in Canada till PR Card receipt? What's to stop a person from giving their friend's address on that form and exiting Canada?..Please tell us how ur proceeding...
You can give your friend's address and exit canada whenever you wish, people do it all the time.
arkscan said:
Most ppl move with a temporary accommodation for a few days initially...I'm wondering how to navigate this PR Card delivery address thing at the airport.... ::)
People can give an address of a friend or a relative, if not they can call cic in a few weeks after they have settled and provide their address, in case they are moving back within a short period there are guest houses that can pick up your card and forward it to your address abroad for a fee.

arkscan

Champion Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge- 10-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
22-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
2nd line- 17-12-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2015; Meds received line in Ecas: 23-01-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 24-03-2015; PPR: 31-03-2015; PP Sent: 1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015; Received PP Stamped with Visa: 23-04-2015
emamabd said:
You don't have to fill any form. The officer will be filling your COPR, and will be asking you some questions i.e. your address in canada, how much funds you have brought for your settlement, if you are in good health...etc. You can give your friend's address and exit canada whenever you wish, people do it all the time.People can give an address of a friend or a relative, if not they can call cic in a few weeks after they have settled and provide their address, in case they are moving back within a short period there are guest houses that can pick up your card and forward it to your address abroad for a fee.
emamabd, thank u for ur reply..this helps!!...+1...:)

have sent u a PM pls check and kindly respond when ur free....

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
niknike said:

when u have copr and u have not landed yet, u r considered as visitor, after landing your status changes. therefore fill it as visitor with COPR

niknike

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
nekeol said:
when u have copr and u have not landed yet, u r considered as visitor, after landing your status changes. therefore fill it as visitor with COPR
We have Immigrant visa not the Tourist visa, so isn't it makes more sense to select "Residents" in Customs card and leave the "Date left Canada" section blank!!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niknike said:
We have Immigrant visa not the Tourist visa, so isn't it makes more sense to select "Residents" in Customs card and leave the "Date left Canada" section blank!!
Neither.

Leave this section blank. CBSA will sort it out.

capok

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
09-12-2014
Med's Request
24-12-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVE
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
LANDED..........
JULY END-MID AUG
CAN ANY BODY HELP ME WITH FILLING THE B4 AND B4A FORM. HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO FILL THAT FORM. I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF FRIENDS HAVE NOT FILLED THAT WHILE LANDING?

CAPOK

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
capok said:
CAN ANY BODY HELP ME WITH FILLING THE B4 AND B4A FORM. HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO FILL THAT FORM. I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF FRIENDS HAVE NOT FILLED THAT WHILE LANDING?

CAPOK
These are listed as essential documents by CIC. It saves time to complete them in advance. If you don't, you'll be asked to fill them in on landing. If you don't have goods accompanying, and/or goods to follow, you won't need which ever is applicable.

Does it sometimes happen that CBSA "forgets" to ask you for these forms? Yes. If you have goods to follow, it's important to mention this, as you might have problems later when they arrive.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Oh, and P.S. : please don't type in all caps. Thank you.

sheray

Aug 3, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No Photo Request.
Nomination.....
PER - 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
SLU (20 JAN 2015) Updated on 26 Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
12-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015 , Medicals Received , 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hi All,

Post landing in our later trips. Do we need to pay tax for our clothes ? Which we may have bought from outside canada. But for ourself only not for resale (without tags).

Regards
Sheray

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheray said:
Hi All,

Post landing in our later trips. Do we need to pay tax for our clothes ? Which we may have bought from outside canada. But for ourself only not for resale (without tags).

Regards
Sheray
Do you mean your personal exemption?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pdt-pdt-eng.html

sheray

Aug 3, 2014
Dubai
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
No Photo Request.
Nomination.....
PER - 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
SLU (20 JAN 2015) Updated on 26 Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
12-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2015 , Medicals Received , 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
23-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
steaky said:
Do you mean your personal exemption?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pdt-pdt-eng.html
Hi thanks for the link. This is very difficult. Post our landing. If we bring in stuff for our personal use (excluding post landing goods to follow). We have to pay taxes.

I am just thinking how to do this. I wanted to land first get the PR card delivered to me by post and then may be in a year or 2 immigrate finally.
But looks like if i finish up my all landing procedures. Any good, which I would like to bring up later on, would require hefty customs.

Correct?
Whats your take on this :/

lesde

Jan 10, 2015
Hi experts,
Generally, how long does it take to receive my PR card. I am moving with my family on July 14, but I wanted to make a trip before to set up things and receive my PR card. Has anyone here from India already received their PR card? I need to know when to book my return ticket, because I do not want to go through the hassle of preparing a travel document from India again.

Please advise

Thanks

jcanwecan

Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
05-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
requested
VISA ISSUED...
issued..
LANDED..........
soon
lesde said:
Hi experts,
Generally, how long does it take to receive my PR card. I am moving with my family on July 14, but I wanted to make a trip before to set up things and receive my PR card. Has anyone here from India already received their PR card? I need to know when to book my return ticket, because I do not want to go through the hassle of preparing a travel document from India again.

Please advise

Thanks
see link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp