+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:
another Q---for POF post-26 June applicants,
I have withdrawn money from my savings bank a'c(which i had shown as POF in my FSW application)
i have joint account with my wife.Can i show it now(if need arises) in place of my savings bank a'c(which i had shown as POF in my FSW application)?

is accompanying husband and wife's joint account acceptable or not?
thanks
=POSITIVE
Yes, u can. Joint a/c between the dependents r acceptable POF. What u declared before is immaterial as long as u have the required funds as of now in liquid format.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Hi Senior,

Please help. I am the dependent in my wife's applicaiton. We landed in Canada. Would you please let me know, if our marrige break, will it affect to my PR status. Please help, I am really stressful.

Thank you
1. Replied to your PM before.
2. Pay attention to what Leon advices. -Perfect answer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find the Ontario education act http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90e02_e.htm#BK39 and in it, it says that children may start school (1st grade) in the calendar year they turn 6 years old and kindergarten 1 year earlier or junior KG 2 years earlier.

In the US, it has become common for parents to hold them back a year because they will then be the older, bigger and stronger in the class and they believe they are more likely to succeed at school but as far as I know, this is not common in Canada. I found an article about that, homework and more at http://www.nationalpost.com/m/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2010/09/04/back-to-school-think-you-know-what-kids-are-in-for-think-again

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a lot Qorax and Leon.God bless u...u r blessed souls...[quote author=qorax link=topic=36735.msg413716#msg413716 date=1283762658]
Yes, u can. Joint a/c between the dependents r acceptable POF. What u declared before is immaterial as long as u have the required funds as of now in liquid format.

Qorax
[/quote]

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I have posted the names of some Placement Agencies here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/post-landing-list-of-placement-agencies-t52639.0.html;new

Just for info...
Qorax

Aug 6, 2010
Dear Qorax and Leon,

Please send me the link about the responsibility of Main Applicant to support dependents in 3 years after landing. Thank you so much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverdream said:
Dear Qorax and Leon,

Please send me the link about the responsibility of Main Applicant to support dependents in 3 years after landing. Thank you so much
As far as I know, there is no such responsibility in the case of families immigrating together but when you sponsor a family member after you yourself have your PR or citizenship, you do have that responsibility. It is 3 years for a spouse and for children it is 10 years or until they turn 25 if that happens sooner and for other relatives such as parents, it is 10 years. The clock starts ticking when they land as a PR. You can read about this at http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf on page 19.

Aug 6, 2010
Dear Qorax and Leon,

We have to stay in Canada 2 years in every 5 years to maintain PR status. Would you please let me know when does the clock start? Since we first landing and become PR or when visa was granted.

Thank you so much.

rentersden

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another site you can checkout for property rentals in British Columbia and Ontario regions is Renter's Den @ rentersden.com

We offer neighborhood information and a verification system to help reduce scammers.

Good luck and welcome to Canada!

SukhiInCanada

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Can some tell me what is the cheap and best flight from Delhi to Toronto?
My preference is nonstop flight...Is Air India better or JetAirways?
Any direct flight from Amritsar to Toronto?
Is it safe to book online ticket from many airticket online companies via credit card like makemytrip.com etc?

Can we book online airticket from website of airline?

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
Hello Qorax,

after landing and getting PR Card, if we return to London and have a baby, what would we need to do to add new born outside Canada, so re-entry is smoth for us.
Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Romford said:
Hello Qorax,

after landing and getting PR Card, if we return to London and have a baby, what would we need to do to add new born outside Canada, so re-entry is smoth for us.
Regards
Sponsoring your family:
Spouses &/or dependent children—How to apply

How does a spouse, common-law [CL] or conjugal partner [CP], or dependent children get permanent resident status?

The application process involves two parts:
1. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor them.
2. Your spouse, CL/CP, or dependent children must also apply for permanent residence, separately.

NOTE:
a. If you sponsor your spouse or CL/CP, & your dependent children as a group, all of their applications for permanent residence must be filled out at the same time to be mailed together.
b. The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.

There are two steps to process the application forms:
1. The sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada), or the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).
2. If you are approved as a sponsor, the permanent residence application is sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office (Overseas CHCs - homeland's or your country of residence).

REFERENCE:
IMM3900 - The Guide to Sponsorship for Family Class
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SukhiInCanada said:

Can some tell me what is the cheap and best flight from Delhi to Toronto?
My preference is nonstop flight...Is Air India better or JetAirways?
Any direct flight from Amritsar to Toronto?
Is it safe to book online ticket from many airticket online companies via credit card like makemytrip.com etc?

Can we book online airticket from website of airline?
Yes, it's safe to use the "reputed" online sites for paying (thru Cr. Card) & obtaining your flight tkts. Similarly so for the websites of the Airlines*.

*However, more often than not, the Airlines' Websites will offer u the best rates.

Qorax

shubash

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
6th Feb,2010
AOR Received.
10th December
File Transfer...
Feb'2010
Med's Request
28th June,2010
Med's Done....
27th July,2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
27th July,2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not decided
rentersden said:
Another site you can checkout for property rentals in British Columbia and Ontario regions is Renter's Den @ rentersden.com

We offer neighborhood information and a verification system to help reduce scammers.

Good luck and welcome to Canada!
I am looking for an apartment in Burnaby ..Can you give mesome informatio

Thanks