+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mrdynamo said:
Hai Qorax,
First thanks for your prompt reply.i don't understand answer B,ie.drawn @ the same city.pls explain it.actually, i want to land toronto.
When u make the draft, it'd be mentioned there as to which Canadian bank & branch that drafet is drawn on. Every overseas bank which has this facility of Forex Drafts, has a tie-up with some Canadian bank.

Eg.: If u make a draft from Al Fardan Exchange, it'll be payable@BMO-Toronto.

Thus, if the draft is payable@Toronto & u open any a/c in any bank@Toronto - the amount will be credited to your a/c (any bank it maybe) within 48hrs.

Situation-1: If u have that above draft, but land & open an a/c in any bank@Montreal - it'd be credited to your a/c in 7-10 days.

Situation-2: If u land & open an a/c in BMO in Vancouver, it'd still be credited into your a/c in 48hrs. 'coz the drawee bank remains the same.

Situation-3: If u land & open an a/c in any bank (other than BMO)@Calgary - it'd take 7-10 days to get credited in that a/c.

I hope u got that now?

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Hi Qorax,

Thank you so much for your information. Please help me with the following question.

I landed in Vancouver last week. The visa officer did not ask me to complete any PR card application. He just asked me my mailing address and he said that the cards will be sent to the address after 6 weeks? Is it the same procedure for you guys? Did anyone has to complete any form for PR cards? Thank you so much
When the BSO asked u to provide a Canadian Address, wasn't s/he filling something over the computer? That was the PRC application form. Buddy, it's done for u. Relax! U'll get the PRCs in 4-6 weeks.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapnochary said:
Dear Qorax
Is it Required to carry the full fund (CASH+BANK Draft) at the time of land. Is it possible to carry 70% and show the bank statement of the rest 30%(that is the money is in local bank) , which may transferable at any time if required ... ? pls reply ..

swapnochary
By "local bank" if u mean a Canadian Bank - not a problem. But, if u r talking of any other bank (say RBS or Citibank etc.) - then they may or may not accept it. I'd again & again stress on the point of not taking a chance. Do not rely on bank statements, & rather fetch your POFs in Cash+Drafts only.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newceo said:
Dear Qorax,

I was trying to fill up PR application form. They r asking like last 5 years residency address, employment history etc. One thing I am not able fill up is the question 21, where they are asking "Have u travelled or lived outside of Canada last 5 years ?" and we need to provide the duration and reason for absence as well..

Since we r landing first time, is that applicable ?

Also how abt residency obligation ? do we need to fill up all these details ?

Please help me... I am flying next tuesday 7th Sep.

Thanks..
I've time & again stated on various threads about not filling that PRC Application Form for the 1st landing. I did it though... But It's Not Required... It'd be done automatically by the BSO, on their system as u land & provide the Canadian address.

Qorax

suppose

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-09
Doc's Request.
27-11-09
Nomination.....
---
AOR Received.
15-02-10
IELTS Request
27-11-09
File Transfer...
01-12-09
Med's Request
07-07-09
Med's Done....
14-08-10
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
17-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-11
LANDED..........
26-06-11
Hi Qorax,

I have a question related to your reply. I am now waiting for the passports request, my plan is to land next year (March-April). After that I will return back to UAE may be for 1 or 2 years. Do I still have to show the money as well in this case. My plan was to take with me about 5K and I might have a bank statment (HSBC) showing that I have the rest of the amount required for my family size. What do u think, I can't see the reason of taking the full amount of money with me if I am going to land and return back home!!!
Please advice.

Thanks,
Ahmed

qorax said:
By "local bank" if u mean a Canadian Bank - not a problem. But, if u r talking of any other bank (say RBS or Citibank etc.) - then they may or may not accept it. I'd again & again stress on the point of not taking a chance. Do not rely on bank statements, & rather fetch your POFs in Cash+Drafts only.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suppose said:
Hi Qorax,

I have a question related to your reply. I am now waiting for the passports request, my plan is to land next year (March-April). After that I will return back to UAE may be for 1 or 2 years. Do I still have to show the money as well in this case. My plan was to take with me about 5K and I might have a bank statment (HSBC) showing that I have the rest of the amount required for my family size. What do u think, I can't see the reason of taking the full amount of money with me if I am going to land and return back home!!!
Please advice.

Thanks,
Ahmed
Plz read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html

Qorax

suppose

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-09
Doc's Request.
27-11-09
Nomination.....
---
AOR Received.
15-02-10
IELTS Request
27-11-09
File Transfer...
01-12-09
Med's Request
07-07-09
Med's Done....
14-08-10
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
17-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-11
LANDED..........
26-06-11
Thanks Qorax for your reply, so, I understood that I should have the money in any of the forms you mentioned in your link. In this case what form of money you recommend to have, lets say I will have 20K with me when doing the landing and then during my stay I will open a bank account (lets say I will deposit 5K), is it possible to take bake with me 15K when I leave after ccouple of weeks?
Sorry fo rthese questions, just I want to make sure that nothing wrong will affect my landing.

Thanks again for your usual help and support :)

qorax said:
Plz read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
suppose said:
Thanks Qorax for your reply, so, I understood that I should have the money in any of the forms you mentioned in your link. In this case what form of money you recommend to have, lets say I will have 20K with me when doing the landing and then during my stay I will open a bank account (lets say I will deposit 5K), is it possible to take bake with me 15K when I leave after ccouple of weeks?
Sorry fo rthese questions, just I want to make sure that nothing wrong will affect my landing.

Thanks again for your usual help and support :)
1. For bringing-in funds, some Cash & rest in Draft/s is the best option.
2. Yes, u can take your money back from Canada. U may actually not deposit the drafts here & cancel them when u reach your homeland.

Qorax

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Guys,

I am intending to land in Calgary next month.Can anybody give me some tips on where to stay eg:guest house,hotels,rented accomodation etc..

Thanks

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,
pls answer my following queries regarding schooladmissions in Toronto area--
my kid is in first class in India, in which class will he be admitted in Toronto,Canada?
Does the standard of class the kid studied in India matter while getting admission in a public school in India?
Do they take any knowledge assessment/admission test like many convent schools do in India?
r school books given free or one has to purchase?
What things/document r required for getting admission in a primary school for first or 2nd grader?
in which month admissions for primary schools r done? i mean in which month the school session starts in ontario, Canada?
What happens if school is in mid of its session when u land in Canada & go for kids admission? Will they give admission in same class even if half the session is gone by that time? Or will the kid b placed in a lower class?

For immunisation record, is the immunisation card issued by a pediatrician from India sufficient? Or do we need immunisation letter written on Hospitals letter pad?

AND MOST IMPORTANT:IS THERE ANY SCHOOL BUS SERVICE TO TAKE KIDS TO SCHOOL FROM HOME LIKE IN INDIA?thanks
thanks
-Positive

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POSITIVE said:
Quote from: POSITIVE on September 05, 2010, 06:26:50 pm
do u mean the standard of class the kid studied in India does not matter while getting admission in a public school in Canada? Yes
Do they take ank knowledge assessment/admission test like many convent schools do in INdia? No, unless your kid is trying admit in a gifted programr school books given free or one has to purchase? It's like borrowing books from libraries. If you don't return by the end of the school days, you have to purchaseWhat things/documnet r required for getting admission in a primary school for first or 2nd grader?
Any document which verifies the student's legal name, date of birth, home address, custody papers where applicable, and date of entry to Canada
in which month admissions for primary schools r done?i mean in which month the school session starts in ontario,Canada?
Usually September
what happens if school is in mid of its session when u land in Canada & go for kids admission? will they they give admission in same class even if half the session is gone by that time? or will the kid b placed in a lower class? Bus Service?
You don't know until you go to the school because it is subject to availability

thanks
-Positive
-Positive[/color][/b]

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
another Q---for POF post-26 June applicants,
I have withdrawn money from my savings bank a'c(which i had shown as POF in my FSW application)
i have joint account with my wife.Can i show it now(if need arises) in place of my savings bank a'c(which i had shown as POF in my FSW application)?

is accompanying husband and wife's joint account acceptable or not?
thanks
=POSITIVE

Aug 6, 2010
Hi Senior,

Please help. I am the dependent in my wife's applicaiton. We landed in Canada. Would you please let me know, if our marrige break, will it affect to my PR status. Please help, I am really stressful.

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vancouverdream said:
Hi Senior,

Please help. I am the dependent in my wife's applicaiton. We landed in Canada. Would you please let me know, if our marrige break, will it affect to my PR status. Please help, I am really stressful.

Thank you
It will not affect your PR. Once everybody has landed, there is no primary applicant or dependants any more. Your PR is equal to your wife's PR.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
POSITIVE said:
Dear Qorax,
pls answer my following queries regarding schooladmissions in Toronto area--
1. my kid is in first class in India, in which class will he be admitted in Toronto,Canada?
2. Does the standard of class the kid studied in India matter while getting admission in a public school in India?
3. Do they take any knowledge assessment/admission test like many convent schools do in India?
4. r school books given free or one has to purchase?
5. What things/document r required for getting admission in a primary school for first or 2nd grader?
6. in which month admissions for primary schools r done? i mean in which month the school session starts in ontario, Canada?
7. What happens if school is in mid of its session when u land in Canada & go for kids admission? Will they give admission in same class even if half the session is gone by that time? Or will the kid b placed in a lower class?
8. For immunisation record, is the immunisation card issued by a pediatrician from India sufficient? Or do we need immunisation letter written on Hospitals letter pad?
9. AND MOST IMPORTANT:IS THERE ANY SCHOOL BUS SERVICE TO TAKE KIDS TO SCHOOL FROM HOME LIKE IN INDIA?thanks
thanks
-Positive
Your questions r marked 1-9; here's the answers:

1. In Ontario, kids go to Grade-1 when they r 7yrs. It's not dependent on the overseas' Class.
2. No. It's by law here... 7yrs.=Grade-1.
3. No. Not at all. Just complete the documentations & commence the classes. Admission is assured by law.
4. Free. No costs at all for Books & Tution fees. Remember, there's no Uniform as well.
5. COPR, Pp+Visa, Birth Cert, Immunization Record, House Lease Agreement. Take originals - they'd make copies.
6. School commences from Sep. This yr. it's from 07/9/2010. Sep-Jun Sessions.
7. They'd take your kids anytime of the yr, by law. My kids joined in May-10 & from day after they go to the next Grade.
8. The Immunization Record is to be stamped by a Pediatrician or your Family Doctor, at your homeland.
9. Free bus service - depending on residence loc. In any case every neighborhood has earmarked schools.

Qorax