+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
mastfadi said:
Hi Guys,

I am finally set to land in May first week in Calgary. I have one question regarding the POF.

1) As I understood from the previous posts, POF is not only shown at the time of application but also at the time of landing (although in one of the previous posts, one brother does not agree that we are required to show the POF while landing), but I will go with what the majority feels secure with. Any thoughts on this?

2) its just me and my wife going for two weeks, I dont think we will spend more than $5000 and this is what I am taking in cash and the rest $10K in DD on my name (which I will most probably bring back to my bank and will have that cancelled). I hope all this will suffice my POF. Question is that this cash of $5000 needs to be only CAD or I can carry USD in place of CAD? will they consider my USD cash as part of POF?
Yes you can carry USD it will suffice. Even if u don't have up to the required POF, bring acc statment of ur DD and the 5k dollars, it will be accepted 1

Mar 29, 2015
Hello All,
This is for people landing in Edmonton Alberta and looking for short term accommodation.
Accommodation is located in lush neighborhood on Westside, close to grocery stores, West Edmonton mall, parks and other amenities
Wi-fi, Cable, Home phone and Utilities all included
1 bedroom with attached bathroom in a 2 storey home
Please email "firststudiosedmonton@gmail.com" for more information

Thanks
Edmonton Housing

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Guys got one doubt......

I am planning to land alone in Toronto and not with family..

i dont want to take that risk coz i have to 2 babies

once i get the job then only i m plannin to bring my family 6 months down the line or before visa expiry.....

I am pretty hopeful that i will get the job sooner since i hv many networks in my industry in Toronto....but still dont want to take a chance.....

thanks in advance

ssindia

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
18-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-03-2015 Passport Submitted...: 24-03-2015 Passport Received...:13-04-2015
LANDED..........
August 2015
Hi Guys,

For POF, my husband and I had shown 50% of funds in our PF balances with our employers. However, we do not have enough liquid money in FDs and Savings to take along for Landing purposes. Is it possible to take a personal loan and get a travellers' cheque made in our name to show this 50% of POF and rest our own liquid money to show to IO at the Toronto Airport?

Otherwise we'll have to withdraw our PF :(

Please suggest

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
ssindia said:
Hi Guys,

For POF, my husband and I had shown 50% of funds in our PF balances with our employers. However, we do not have enough liquid money in FDs and Savings to take along for Landing purposes. Is it possible to take a personal loan and get a travellers' cheque made in our name to show this 50% of POF and rest our own liquid money to show to IO at the Toronto Airport?

Otherwise we'll have to withdraw our PF :(

Please suggest
I would recommend having liquid money with you when you come over. You would need this during the first few months to pay off your rent, utilities and groceries while you look for a job.
I would recommend you to withdraw your PF and bring it over.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
dushyant2809 said:
Guys got one doubt......

I am planning to land alone in Toronto and not with family..

i dont want to take that risk coz i have to 2 babies

once i get the job then only i m plannin to bring my family 6 months down the line or before visa expiry.....

I am pretty hopeful that i will get the job sooner since i hv many networks in my industry in Toronto....but still dont want to take a chance.....

thanks in advance
What's your question?

Debray

Apr 26, 2014
Dear All,

I have a few questions on landing, though the first post is very elaborate.

My questions are:

1) On some websites (settlement.org) it's mentioned to bring birth certificates, marriage certificates etc as those may be required on landing. I was born in Kuwait and have a birth certificate entirely in Arabic, which I had got translated into English and attested and sent with my application file. Right now I only have my original birth certificate in Arabic. Do I need to get it translated and attested again? Will the birth certificate be required at any time during or after landing?

2) My Indian passport was issued from the Indian Consulate in Dubai. The COPR mentions country of issue as "India" (Not UAE). Is that correct or do I need to send an email to the VO? I see conflicting information on the internet about this - some say Indian Consulate is Indian soil, no matter where it is located, so country of issue will always be India. Please let me know if you have any information on this.

2) In the Personal Effects Accounting document, how exactly do we put values for personal items like clothing, cosmetics, etc?

3) Can personal electric items like hair straightener etc purchased from India be used with adapters?

I'll be very grateful if anyone can answer these for me.

Thanks a lot!

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Debray said:
Dear All,

I have a few questions on landing, though the first post is very elaborate.

My questions are:

1) On some websites (settlement.org) it's mentioned to bring birth certificates, marriage certificates etc as those may be required on landing. I was born in Kuwait and have a birth certificate entirely in Arabic, which I had got translated into English and attested and sent with my application file. Right now I only have my original birth certificate in Arabic. Do I need to get it translated and attested again? Will the birth certificate be required at any time during or after landing?

2) My Indian passport was issued from the Indian Consulate in Dubai. The COPR mentions country of issue as "India" (Not UAE). Is that correct or do I need to send an email to the VO? I see conflicting information on the internet about this - some say Indian Consulate is Indian soil, no matter where it is located, so country of issue will always be India. Please let me know if you have any information on this.

2) In the Personal Effects Accounting document, how exactly do we put values for personal items like clothing, cosmetics, etc?

3) Can personal electric items like hair straightener etc purchased from India be used with adapters?

I'll be very grateful if anyone can answer these for me.

Thanks a lot!
1) Bring all certificates incase you need it in future to update your passport at the Indian consulate or for other visa purposes etc(like US visa interview), however you may not need it in Canada once you land since only the landing paper and passport is required for health card application/ Drivers license etc.
2)No, if your passport is Indian, my understanding is that it would show India ! In the visa it would show the country based on the visa office I believe. I do not think you need to contact the VO
3) Yes, however I would recommend getting one from here (Canada) ! Since most adapters burn when using hair straigtners/dryers or pressing Iron since those are heavy duty :) A high quality adapter would cost the same as a hair straightener !

buvi8333

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
Nomination.....
DD charged - 11/11/2014
AOR Received.
PER - 19/11/2014
File Transfer...
Processing started - 27/01/2015
Med's Request
20/02/2015
Med's Done....
21/02/2015
Interview........
Med recv CIC- 25/02/2015, DM - 20/03/2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015: PP sent: 01-04-2015
Hello Friends,

I am planning to fly on June 2nd week. When I was browsing about air tickets, I found BA flights are cheaper, but they are flying through JFK. In "make my trip", they say we may need a transit visa if we have to transit in US. Someone kindly help me how to get transit visa, or should I look for 1 stop flights. Is anyone flying on mid of June from Chennai. Can v fly together?

Seniors plz throw some light here. Thanks all.

Debray

Apr 26, 2014
xylene said:
1) Bring all certificates incase you need it in future to update your passport at the Indian consulate or for other visa purposes etc(like US visa interview), however you may not need it in Canada once you land since only the landing paper and passport is required for health card application/ Drivers license etc.
2)No, if your passport is Indian, my understanding is that it would show India ! In the visa it would show the country based on the visa office I believe. I do not think you need to contact the VO
3) Yes, however I would recommend getting one from here (Canada) ! Since most adapters burn when using hair straigtners/dryers or pressing Iron since those are heavy duty :) A high quality adapter would cost the same as a hair straightener !
Thanks a lot, Xylene! Do you also remember how you had filled up the Personal effects accounting document (description of goods and value)? How did you put values on items like clothing, etc?

Thanks again :)

D

David83

Hello all,

I have a question: if I apply to PR under QSW withing Canada, and then I left Canada until I get my PR status (hopefully), upon my return, would I be eligible to apply for the PR card immediately, or there is a certain amount of time I need to stay inside Canada before I can apply for the card?

Thanks

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Debray said:
Thanks a lot, Xylene! Do you also remember how you had filled up the Personal effects accounting document (description of goods and value)? How did you put values on items like clothing, etc?

Thanks again :)
Yes, just separate your items into high value (electronics, gold, etc) and clothes and then put approx value in CAD. You do not need to mention each and every item.

Debray

Apr 26, 2014
xylene said:
Yes, just separate your items into high value (electronics, gold, etc) and clothes and then put approx value in CAD. You do not need to mention each and every item.
Alright :) :) Thanks

vvv

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO / Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2015
Hello Friends,
I received Canadian Visa on March 2015 and been planning to move on June.
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds that need to be presented on the port of Entry. I am planning to take 3000 CAD as cash and a bank account statement of an Australian Bank Account. I want to convince the immigration officer that I will transfer my funds from an Australian Bank account after I will open a Canadian Bank account.
Will this be satisfied by the Immigration officer at the port of entry ?

buzzcana

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13/09/2013
AOR Received.
09/03/2014
Med's Request
03/04/2014
Med's Done....
08/04/2014
Passport Req..
30/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
March 2015 IJN
vvv said:
Hello Friends,
I received Canadian Visa on March 2015 and been planning to move on June.
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds that need to be presented on the port of Entry. I am planning to take 3000 CAD as cash and a bank account statement of an Australian Bank Account. I want to convince the immigration officer that I will transfer my funds from an Australian Bank account after I will open a Canadian Bank account.
Will this be satisfied by the Immigration officer at the port of entry ?
I did exactly same when I landed and it was seamless. The immigration officer did not even check my statement or cash after telling her I came with 3000 dollars.