+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rahulaanshi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dear All,

This might be very basic questions for landing but I would like to get some clear idea about my landing process -
I am going to land on 3rd October 2015 from USA using AVR rule for returning back to US after 10-15 days.

1) Is that only the entry by road (self driving) while returning back to US will make eligible to use AVR rule..?
2) What is form B4/B4A..? Is it required only during crossing border by car...?
3) Is it safe to drive to canada by my own car and return back to US..? safe interms of immigration and custom issues at on canada side..?

If I assume driving by car for landing process is favorable option for AVR rule, then What should I do for car and form B4/B4A..? CAn i bring my own car and can I inform to officer that I will be returning to US after 10 days..? so I am not going to import my car now.

Regards

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulaanshi said:
Dear All,

This might be very basic questions for landing but I would like to get some clear idea about my landing process -
I am going to land on 3rd October 2015 from USA using AVR rule for returning back to US after 10-15 days.

1) Is that only the entry by road (self driving) while returning back to US will make eligible to use AVR rule..?
2) What is form B4/B4A..? Is it required only during crossing border by car...?
3) Is it safe to drive to canada by my own car and return back to US..? safe interms of immigration and custom issues at on canada side..?

If I assume driving by car for landing process is favorable option for AVR rule, then What should I do for car and form B4/B4A..? CAn i bring my own car and can I inform to officer that I will be returning to US after 10 days..? so I am not going to import my car now.

Regards
rahulaanshi,

Looks like we both are on same boat.

I am also trying to complete my landing procedure with AVR rule but I am trying to fly to tornado and fly back to US within a week.

I am not 100 % sure if this AVR rule is still valid or not but I heard we might need to go for H1 stamping before entering US.

I will do some research and reach out to my lawyers and get back to you on this.

rahulaanshi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
bikbis said:
rahulaanshi,

Looks like we both are on same boat.

I am also trying to complete my landing procedure with AVR rule but I am trying to fly to tornado and fly back to US within a week.

I am not 100 % sure if this AVR rule is still valid or not but I heard we might need to go for H1 stamping before entering US.

I will do some research and reach out to my lawyers and get back to you on this.

Thanks bikbis,

I am also trying to do research on this, you can email me on rahulaanshi@gmail.com, we will keep in touch.

So far I know is AVR rule one case use if he/she travels by road between US and neighbour countires. As if he/she travels by road then no need to get I-94 if you are returning within 30 days that means no need to get stamping at Canada. You can return within 30 days with you valid current I-94 and I-797 to US, which automatically directs that you will have to return by road as I-94 cannot be same if you travel by air.

Confirm above and we can discuss more, when you are travelling to Canada..?

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
Folks,

I have similar questions. If you'll get any information, please let me know. Please pardon my ignorance but what is AVR rule?

I am currently on H1B visa and plan to enter Canada by road (Rainbow Bridge).....

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hari412 said:
Folks,

I have similar questions. If you'll get any information, please let me know. Please pardon my ignorance but what is AVR rule?

I am currently on H1B visa and plan to enter Canada by road (Rainbow Bridge).....
Hari,

See below link shared by Rahulaanshi to me: - if we want to come back US within 30 days, there will not be any interview/visa stamping needed but we have to enter via road... (i.e. contiguous border)

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
Dear Forum Members,
I am planning to land June-July, visa issued in March. Regarding POF, can I carry the entire amount in cash? Since this amount is more than CAD 10,000 do I need to show source of funds? I will be disposing my car, would the bill of sale work? The bill of sale would not be for the entire CAD 10,000 but for a substantial amount of that (maybe CAD 7,000).

Thanks,
Chris

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Hi All,

Just a little confused regarding which Goods should I put under Good accompanying? I am going to Canada for two weeks now only just to do the landing formalities, and will go to actually settle at a later date. Now on this upcoming short trip, I will have two laptops, clothings, accessories, mobile phones, watches, and a bit of jewellery which my wife will wear. But we will bring all this back to our home country after the short trip and will take it again to Canada for our final settlement , so all the items should be put on Goods accompanying??? if we do that then what will happen when we come back to Canada the second time? And if we mention these items on Goods to follow? will the custom officer allow us to take this with us now?

Also, our clothing is all used clothing and nothing new with tags, CSBA can charge customs on these as well if not mentioned in the Goods list ???

buzzcana

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13/09/2013
AOR Received.
09/03/2014
Med's Request
03/04/2014
Med's Done....
08/04/2014
Passport Req..
30/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon IJN
LANDED..........
March 2015 IJN
Hello house,

I landed March 15 and came back. I am planning to go back soon and I am thinking of applying for a travel document for my family as against waiting for the PR card.

I don't know if anyone that has done this before can share his or her experience.

Thank you.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Chris101 said:
Dear Forum Members,
I am planning to land June-July, visa issued in March. Regarding POF, can I carry the entire amount in cash? Since this amount is more than CAD 10,000 do I need to show source of funds? I will be disposing my car, would the bill of sale work? The bill of sale would not be for the entire CAD 10,000 but for a substantial amount of that (maybe CAD 7,000).

Thanks,
Chris
U don't need to show any proof of sale. U can even bring as much as 100k no trouble. All u have to do is make sure u declare it since its more than 10k dollars, dats all. Nobody will question ur source

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
anees10 said:
Should the passport validity be more than 6 months in order to go to Canada as a FSW immigrant?
If you are resident of the country, less than 6 months validity is ok but I wouldn't take the risk with Canada. Why spend so much money n possibly be refused entry if ur passport validity is less than 6 months. You can also try calling CIC for definite answer.

happyca

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 8, 14
Doc's Request.
CC Dec 12, 14
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 15
IELTS Request
sent in with appl
File Transfer...
Feb 18, 15
Med's Request
Apr 1, 15
Med's Done....
Apr 17, 15 - third line update May 19, 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM/PPR email 16-06-15 and 30-07-2015 passport submitted 06-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-15 and VSAC KL 04-09-15
LANDED..........
23-09-15
bikbis said:
Hari,

See below link shared by Rahulaanshi to me: - if we want to come back US within 30 days, there will not be any interview/visa stamping needed but we have to enter via road... (i.e. contiguous border)

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf
I think it's best to check with your US lawyers before doing so. It is very risky if you cross the border without US H1B in your passport. A friend of mine from a bilateral country with US was detained a few hours when she did not her H1B stamp on her passport. I had the H1b stamp but the custom at the MA airport decided to detain me an hour for further questions. It's all up the custom's discretion.

xedelatorre

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
Med's Request
01-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-07-2013
Interview........
RPRF on March of 2014, Police Clr Cert on 03/15/14, FBI Request 082014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
Hello seniors, huge question! We performed our landing via a land border station by driving into Canada from the US. Everything went well except we were never asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form'. The Immigration Officer did stamp our passports and signed our COPRs but again, never asked us to fill-in a 'PR Card Application Form'. He did ask for the address to have our permanent resident cards mailed to and asked us to sit for about 45 min as he had to input our information but we don't know if he filled the PR Form for us or on our behalf although he asked for a mail address in Canada to have them mailed which we did provide.

Does anybody know if this is normal that we didn't fill in an application Form for the PR Card? Do they create/fill in these Forms on our behalf?

Will greatly appreciate any light on this matter as we are a bit worried and unsure if our PR Cards are being processed at this time or not.

Thanks in advance!

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xedelatorre said:
Hello seniors, huge question! We performed our landing via a land border station by driving into Canada from the US. Everything went well except we were never asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form'. The Immigration Officer did stamp our passports and signed our COPRs but again, never asked us to fill-in a 'PR Card Application Form'. He did ask for the address to have our permanent resident cards mailed to and asked us to sit for about 45 min as he had to input our information but we don't know if he filled the PR Form for us or on our behalf although he asked for a mail address in Canada to have them mailed which we did provide.

Does anybody know if this is normal that we didn't fill in an application Form for the PR Card? Do they create/fill in these Forms on our behalf?

Will greatly appreciate any light on this matter as we are a bit worried and unsure if our PR Cards are being processed at this time or not.

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry. It's quite normal. It's the duty of immigration officer to fill our PR card application on your behalf. You will get your PR card in your designated address within next 45 days.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
mastfadi said:
Hi All,

Just a little confused regarding which Goods should I put under Good accompanying? I am going to Canada for two weeks now only just to do the landing formalities, and will go to actually settle at a later date. Now on this upcoming short trip, I will have two laptops, clothings, accessories, mobile phones, watches, and a bit of jewellery which my wife will wear. But we will bring all this back to our home country after the short trip and will take it again to Canada for our final settlement , so all the items should be put on Goods accompanying??? if we do that then what will happen when we come back to Canada the second time? And if we mention these items on Goods to follow? will the custom officer allow us to take this with us now?

Also, our clothing is all used clothing and nothing new with tags, CSBA can charge customs on these as well if not mentioned in the Goods list ???
Hi mastfadi,

I have same questions, please do share your updated information on this very topic...

I will be glad to hear from you soon with useful information, my intended date of landing is 26 May for 12 days In Sha ALLAH. What about you?