+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Please help
I will be landaing in calgary by british airways on 3rd week of february 6 .05 pm and my connecting flight to grande prairie is by 8.56 pm.is 2 hour 50 minute enough to complete landing formalities at calgary?anybody landed in calgary please advice?

khenderson

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2014
AOR Received.
19/08/2014
Med's Done....
28/03/2014
Passport Req..
02/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2014
LANDED..........
01/04/2015
We're making the big move very soon. I hope some of you can answer these answers about health care.

Regarding health records, does my Belgian partner need to have a copy of her health records with her when we move to Canada? Does she simply ask her family doctor? Would I also need a record of my medical history for the time I have spent living in Belgium?

Can anyone recommend universal health insurance that is reliable and affordable to purchase for the waiting period when we arrive? I read it is much more expensive to purchase it when we are actually in Canada. Does anyone have personal experience? We have asked our current health care provider, but they are unable to extend our insurance for that extra time.

Captain_Prince

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Hello Seniors,

Is it a must to bring the funds advised by CIC on landing if even I am staying in canada just for couple of weeks.

Regards,

Captain

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Once you are in, you are in. Immigration officer cannot determine or control whether you will stay for 2 week or 2 year or 2 decades! For them POF is must unless your file was processed with an arranged employment.

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Hello Fellow forumites

If you land in Canada and you do not have an address yet, what will you fill as the address your PR card should be sent.

Can we fill in the address of the short rentals we are staying or they can allow one to supply the address later after getting a permanent place to stay.

Please i need your suggestions

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sambisa Valley said:
Hello Fellow forumites

If you land in Canada and you do not have an address yet, what will you fill as the address your PR card should be sent.

Can we fill in the address of the short rentals we are staying or they can allow one to supply the address later after getting a permanent place to stay.

Please i need your suggestions
You can tell them later once you secured an address.

haf07

Aug 26, 2013
Hi All,

A trivial question perhaps, but just to be on the safe side, I am landing in Montreal along with my wife and daughter (both Canadian citizens), we are going to bring along 6 bags in total for our combined luggage.

Do I just need declare in the carried goods list my own belongings selectively or do I need to declare all of our family's belongings within the 6 bags?

Many thanks!

zayhasan

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
21/01/2015
AOR Received.
4/3/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Very Useful ;D ;D

khenderson

May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2014
AOR Received.
19/08/2014
Med's Done....
28/03/2014
Passport Req..
02/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2014
LANDED..........
01/04/2015
haf07 said:
I am landing in Montreal along with my wife and daughter (both Canadian citizens), we are going to bring along 6 bags in total for our combined luggage.

Do I just need declare in the carried goods list my own belongings selectively or do I need to declare all of our family's belongings within the 6 bags?
I second this question. I will be travelling back to Canada (I am a citizen) while my partner will be landing. Do I need to declare all my personal belongings or just my partners? Most of my belongings originate from Canada and not from living abroad.

Thanks in advance

sujith.rajan85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
27-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-01-2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding POF. I will be landing in canada along with my wife on 7th of March. My wife already as an arranged employment in Canada as her current company is deputing her to canada and they will be providing a deputation letter on company letterhead as a proof.
How much POF do i need to show in this case? On the CIC website they have mentioned that I need not show any proof of funds if you have an arranged employment. But in my case I am the primary applicant and my wife is a secondary applicant. Will it make any difference ? Do i still need to provide POF ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khenderson said:
I second this question. I will be travelling back to Canada (I am a citizen) while my partner will be landing. Do I need to declare all my personal belongings or just my partners? Most of my belongings originate from Canada and not from living abroad.

Thanks in advance
I suggest you read the cbsa website carefully. We don't know if you meet the various exemptions.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
xylene said:
The best way is to open a Scotiabank (they have new immigrant accounts you can open from your home country, it takes 2-3 weeks) or other Canadian bank accounts. Personally I used Scotiabank. You can make a one time transfer to this account from your home bank.

Once transfered, you can email your personal banker to send a confirmation of the credit and you would just need to carry that email as Proof of Fund document.
Once you land, you can go to your branch and collect your ATM cards and activate the account.
Simplest and safe way to get your money to Canada.
Great information .. thanks

cpd_faye

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Dear Senior,

We have landed in Canada safely and smooth. Immigration officer was all good and did not ask us a lot of questions. I just want to know regarding our case with regards to our COPR. During our landing, the officer did not put any stamped on it. We did not know what are we going to do with it. Could you please help us.

mali2014

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
Med's Request
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
Insha Allah Soon
Dear All Senior members!

I would like to ask few question from senior members, those are already in Canada!

1: I don't have any friends or relatives in Canada, so what address I will need to give at airport? I will be staying at some hotels may be.

2: When and how we have to give the address for PR card? I mean to say that is there any possibility that we just go to Canada for one or two weeks and get our Cards? If it is possible then how and when we have to give Canada's address?

I have few more question but if Can you please advise on these questions for now, it will be highly appreciated.