+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Durdana said:
hi... there is nothing written about fund to declare in the airport in the papers. is savings certificates and retirement fund acceptable?
Yes there is... You would be receiving a form in the plane to Canada that ask if you carry $10,000 or more for you to declare upon entering Canada.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Durdana said:
hi... there is nothing written about fund to declare in the airport in the papers. is savings certificates and retirement fund acceptable?
Dear, Proof of funds means ---- readily available funds / money while you are in canada, so the normal options are - Cash / DD in your own name n in canadian dollars, payable in canada,,,,, travellers cheque OR youo can open on-line account in a canadian bank and deposit equivalent money so can show reciepts / statement at border (but opening account before landing, not very advisable).

Good luck, cheers

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
MSDEETAN said:
Is it necessary to bring all your proof of funds?
Dear, while landing in canada as PER, you need not "PROOF OF FUNDS" but in real terms the minimum required "FUNDS" means money :)

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
cpd_faye said:
Dear Senior,

Please help us we are approved PR immigrant under common law statusjust recently we get married and will land in toronto this coming Feb. Please help us what are we need to do to updates the immigration before our landing. Thanks so much
Dear, if both of you are landing as PR immigrants - i dont think needa do anything at the moment, b'co it does not effect your visa status in any ways.
still if you want - just send an email to CIC through ECAS stating your scenario.
Good luck

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
speculucky said:
HI,
I need this info before buying the Air tickets. My destination is Calgary but all of the Airlines has the transit either from Toronto or Vancouver-Calgary.
Could anyone please advise, whether I have to do the Landing procedure in Toronto/Vancouver wherever I land first or I can do the procedure in Calgary?
Anybody from Pakistan, who has recently landed Calgary as POE. Is it possible to use Calgary as POE from Pakistan? I didn't found any flight which is using khi-london-calgary. If anybody knows? Further, what if we don't have a choice to land Calgary directly then which is the most suitable POE (Toronto - Vancouver). How will it effect if we don't use POE of our destination (delay in PRC or in Health Card). How much time is save for taking connecting flight to Calgary? How baggage will be treated in domestic flights?

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
Landed Seniors,

Please can someone help with vital info about employment, accommodation and cost of living in nova scotia

Before getting an apartment, are there affordable bed and breakfast or short rentals in Halifax and its environ.

Seniors please help

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
canvis2006 said:
You can arrive in any city of Canada, and then proceed to Calgary.
you will have to clear Immigration Canada at the point of arrival in Canada, after that your flight will be domestic flight.
You will be given a stamped copy of COPR and you will also have your passport with you. That will be enough for ID purposes.
If you have to leave Canada, you can obtain a PR Travel Document from visa office to return to Canada.
Check CIC website if you need further info. (Everything is available on CIC website.)
Having the same issue as my destination is calgary and I didn't find any flight that accommodate me to be there as POE. My question is what disadvantage we have if we use Toronto or Vancouver as POE (any delay in PRC card or health card). How they will treat baggage in domestic flight - Would I require to get my complete baggage from Tornoto and shift it to connecting flight of Calgary.

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
emamabd said:
Once you become a PR you'll need to stay in canada at least 2 years in every 5 year window to maintain your status. i.e. you have a maximum stay abroad of 2 years and 11 months and 29 days ...the 30th day you should be on the plane heading to canada ;).
Haven't it changed to 3 years - they were passing a new regulation - I don't know if it is applicable or not.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarkhan said:
Anybody from Pakistan, who has recently landed Calgary as POE. Is it possible to use Calgary as POE from Pakistan? I didn't found any flight which is using khi-london-calgary. If anybody knows? Further, what if we don't have a choice to land Calgary directly then which is the most suitable POE (Toronto - Vancouver). How will it effect if we don't use POE of our destination (delay in PRC or in Health Card). How much time is save for taking connecting flight to Calgary? How baggage will be treated in domestic flights?
Yes, you can use Calgary as POE from Pakistan via Japan, UK and other nations.

If Japan, you would take AC10 on Air Canada;
If UK, you can either take AC851 on Air Canada or BA103 on British Airways.

For baggage (if you take a flight to Vancouver or Toronto and connecting flight to Calgary), you would need to collect all your luggage and go through customs on your first stop in Canada from an international flight. The connecting flight will be considered a domestic flight so no customs is necessary. You would need to check in your luggage again for the connecting flight.

anishCan2014

Jan 25, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
PER 16 DEC
Anyone planning to move to Edmonton or Van ?

khankhan

Apr 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Isl/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug 2013
Med's Done....
nov 2014
Passport Req..
jan/2014
How long will it take for a spouse to be entitle for canadian citizenship after landing, and how long it takes for the passport application to be approved and received.

chak

Dec 3, 2014
anishCan2014 said:
Anyone planning to move to Edmonton or Van ?
Thanks Dear, I am comming to Edmonton in June 2015 alongwith my family. I am a mechanical engineer 2132. I have almost 20 year of R&D engineering design experience here in INDIA and working as Principal Scientist. Kindly guide me for my easy settlement specially for the job. I will be looking for a suitable job to startwith. I have excellent exposure to mechanical design on CAD systems AutoCAD, SolidWorks etc.

my email address: rajeshpritee @ yahoo.com

looking for suggestions.

Rajesh k chak

inspectorbharat

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi...Can anyone guide me on how to show POF upon landing? Whats the best way out?...Cash and DD would be fine with the total settlement amount, isn't it...Can any one who landed recently share their experience plz..

If we are able to get job offer before landing, do we still need to show POF ?

thanks

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
inspectorbharat said:
Hi...Can anyone guide me on how to show POF upon landing? Whats the best way out?...Cash and DD would be fine with the total settlement amount, isn't it...Can any one who landed recently share their experience plz..

If we are able to get job offer before landing, do we still need to show POF ?

thanks
The best way is to open a Scotiabank (they have new immigrant accounts you can open from your home country, it takes 2-3 weeks) or other Canadian bank accounts. Personally I used Scotiabank. You can make a one time transfer to this account from your home bank.

Once transfered, you can email your personal banker to send a confirmation of the credit and you would just need to carry that email as Proof of Fund document.
Once you land, you can go to your branch and collect your ATM cards and activate the account.
Simplest and safe way to get your money to Canada.

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
xylene said:
The best way is to open a Scotiabank (they have new immigrant accounts you can open from your home country, it takes 2-3 weeks) or other Canadian bank accounts. Personally I used Scotiabank. You can make a one time transfer to this account from your home bank.

Once transfered, you can email your personal banker to send a confirmation of the credit and you would just need to carry that email as Proof of Fund document.
Once you land, you can go to your branch and collect your ATM cards and activate the account.
Simplest and safe way to get your money to Canada.
Thanks a lot for very usefull information.