+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
zeem said:
Hello ! We will be moving in Feb end 2015 (INshaAllah) I wanted to ask :

1. What forms do we need to take along for Landing
2 Do we need to fill in forms at Toronto Airport, though our destination in Edmonton
3.If yes, are 2 hours enough to fill in the papers ? please tell me what papers are required to be filled in so that I do before hand !
4. Any additional tips for the Landing ! :)

BR
Zee & Fam !

I would very strongly recommend you to allocate at least 5-6 hours to complete the formalities if you have to change the flight to Edmonton because usually, the formalities are concluded within 2 hours but sometimes, due to more people in the que, it takes more time. In my personal landing, they took three and a half hour and even after this much time, i was standing in the custom's que when one officer pointed me out and asked what i want. I told him that i had nothing for the baggage search but only had a bank draft to declare so he asked me to come out of the line otherwise it would have taken more than 4 hours to complete the process. Rest is up to you.

pithuda

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
10-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012 & 10-06-2014 (Remedical)
Interview........
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-06-2014 (PPR1), 27-06-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
26th July 2014
Hello,

I landed in July and have my goods to follow list stamped at the time of landing.

Now i am shipping my stuff and wanted to ask if I add some electronic items (a desktop computer and two LED TVs) which were not listed earlier, how would the duty be determined? They are used and I did not list them earlier as I didnt realize that they work on 110 volts as well. Instead of selling them now at give away prices I am thinking of taking them with me.

Any comments?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pithuda said:
Hello,

I landed in July and have my goods to follow list stamped at the time of landing.

Now i am shipping my stuff and wanted to ask if I add some electronic items (a desktop computer and two LED TVs) which were not listed earlier, how would the duty be determined? They are used and I did not list them earlier as I didnt realize that they work on 110 volts as well. Instead of selling them now at give away prices I am thinking of taking them with me.

Any comments?
I don't think you add items in the stamped list. You can double check with CBSA.

Mjaber

Apr 25, 2014
Hi all,
Are there agencies in Canada who can receive/send mails on your behalf??
I need such thing to receive my PR card when I complete my landing since I need to leave 10 day after landing.
Thanks,

kitchie

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
Praying: Waived
LANDED..........
Praying: March-April 2015
Wow, this is a very informative forum.

Khan_KK

Sep 5, 2013
Hello everyone

Need advise on a few things:

- I will be landing in Calgary very soon, however, there is no direct flight to Calgary. So I'll be having a transit in Toronto. My question is will the 'Landing formalities' be done at Toronto? If yes, then will the COPR papers be submitted to the immigration at Toronto? If yes, what will be my visa document from toronto to Calgary? Will they give me some other document or just the passport will be - enough?
- Based on a previous post on this forum, I am looking for a relatively longer transit in Toronto, about 5 hours. Will it be ok to complete the landing formalities?
- Can I take a transit in Montreal? Any additional requirement to land or transit in Montreal. I remember as if read about having an additional document if I have to land in Montreal. Please confirm.
- Before receving the PR card, how do we do the local air travel. I mean we don't have any ID card. So how do we manage this?
- After landing and reaching calgary and before receiving PR card, if I have to leave canada due to any emergency (God forbid), can I do that? if yes, how will I re-enter Canada?

Would really appreciate the advise.

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
zeem said:
Hello ! We will be moving in Feb end 2015 (INshaAllah) I wanted to ask :

1. What forms do we need to take along for Landing
2 Do we need to fill in forms at Toronto Airport, though our destination in Edmonton
3.If yes, are 2 hours enough to fill in the papers ? please tell me what papers are required to be filled in so that I do before hand !
4. Any additional tips for the Landing ! :)

BR
Zee & Fam !

Hi zeem,

We r landing on Feb 1st. Reading your post I;m a little confused...
We are landing in Edmonton but will be flying to Edmonton via Toronto...

Does this mean that we need to complete some paperwork in Toronto too??

And what all can we use as POF? my intl. bank statements would work?

Would appreciate any help that I could help..
thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Khan_KK said:
Hello everyone

Need advise on a few things:

- I will be landing in Calgary very soon, however, there is no direct flight to Calgary. So I'll be having a transit in Toronto. My question is will the 'Landing formalities' be done at Toronto? If yes, then will the COPR papers be submitted to the immigration at Toronto? If yes, what will be my visa document from toronto to Calgary? Will they give me some other document or just the passport will be - enough?
- Based on a previous post on this forum, I am looking for a relatively longer transit in Toronto, about 5 hours. Will it be ok to complete the landing formalities?
- Can I take a transit in Montreal? Any additional requirement to land or transit in Montreal. I remember as if read about having an additional document if I have to land in Montreal. Please confirm.
- Before receving the PR card, how do we do the local air travel. I mean we don't have any ID card. So how do we manage this?
- After landing and reaching calgary and before receiving PR card, if I have to leave canada due to any emergency (God forbid), can I do that? if yes, how will I re-enter Canada?

Would really appreciate the advise.
You can arrive in any city of Canada, and then proceed to Calgary.
you will have to clear Immigration Canada at the point of arrival in Canada, after that your flight will be domestic flight.
You will be given a stamped copy of COPR and you will also have your passport with you. That will be enough for ID purposes.
If you have to leave Canada, you can obtain a PR Travel Document from visa office to return to Canada.
Check CIC website if you need further info. (Everything is available on CIC website.)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
amirsrima said:
You need to mention the same addresses for 5 years, which relate to your initial application.
there is no need to fill the form, that is for pr card renewals.

can you stop misguiding people ?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Mjaber said:
Hi all,
Are there agencies in Canada who can receive/send mails on your behalf??
I need such thing to receive my PR card when I complete my landing since I need to leave 10 day after landing.
Thanks,
chk ur personal message inbox

vidanueva

Dec 2, 2011
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2, 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Feb 5, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent w/ application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Nov 5, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully before the end of 2015
Hello everyone!
My husband and I landed in Vancouver last month. The process was very smooth. We are still living in the US, so we went to Canada to finish the process before the COPRs expires. At the airport, as usual, we followed the line for foreigners. The officer asked the purpose of the visit and if this was our first visit to Canada. After presenting our COPRs and he also reviewed our multiple entries to Canada in our passports, he then said "WELCOME TO CANADA". The officer was very friendly. There was no further questioning, he then instructed us to go to another section - the immigrant section where we waited to be interviewed by the immigration officer. The waiting was longer than the actual interview. The immigration officer DID NOT ask for the FUNDS. (Although we carried the actual amount - both in cash and travelers check). The immigration officer only asked for the ADDRESS where the PR will be sent. We gave her the address of my sister; she then asked how long is our visit; then she asked us to sign the COPRs. After that, she stated, "WELCOME TO CANADA".

The next day, we attempted to get our SINs, but where we went (in Norht Van), the lady who was helping us said that they were updating their computers, so she made us complete application documents instead. She said that she will send those SIN applications to their "main office" and we will receive the SINs in few weeks. Our SINs arrived after 3 weeks.

That is all e everyone. I just wanted to share with you our experience. Overall, it was not stressful. We spent the holidays in Vancouver and now we are back in the US.

Now, I would like to research on how we can keep our PRs, because we have not decided as of yet, if we are moving to Canada or staying in the US. Where in this forum will I may find the information?

Thanks everyone and Good Luck to everyone who are still going through this exciting journey!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This could help:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/oakridge-drive-guest-house.html
https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/toronto/room/244055
https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/toronto/room/244057
https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/2184003
https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/2191770
http://www.wimdu.ca/offers/2YUGLJ03

Like our page at Facebook: www.facebook.com/sab.furnishedsuites
Follow us on twitter : www.twitter.com/sabfurnished
Follow us on Google + : www.google.com/+SabFurnished

Durdana

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
in-process- 12.5.14, Medical + PPrequest- 18.6.14
Med's Done....
26.6.14 from Australia
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18.6.14, submitted on 22.7.14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made from 28.8.14
LANDED..........
waiting
I am leaving on June'15..I want to be there for ten days then return to my country.In that case how much CAD I need to show to immigration officer? It would be very helpful if anyone can say.

Durdana

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.6.14 from Australia
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
JeetVISA said:
It is generally advisable to stay in Canada till you get your PR card. Leaving Canada without PR card can cause problem while re-entering..
I have same question...is there problem to entry if I do return ticket? What minimum amount of cash I need to show?

Durdana

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.6.14 from Australia
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
immig_IT_guy said:
Excellent post, +1 to you
Thanks for posting these important information. I want to stay for 15 days and we four members. In that case how much minimum canadian dollar I need to show? is any gold item acceptable?