+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Vigilant said:
Hi,

I was not able to call CIC as I am currently in DUbai.. Any how I got a good news last night that my friend received my PR card. The online address is still the old one but who cares now... :p
DEAR VIGILANT,
Congratulations!
HIZ

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Calgary. Not having a car is inconvenient if you do not live near LRT (and LRT only goes through some neighborhoods) because buses are not always punctual, some bus stations are without shelter and on weekends they come along very rarely (if they come at all). However if you have an office job that does not require visiting clients etc.and you are happy living the above mentioned experiences + you are happy with everybody rolling out eyes at you as if you landed from Mars when they hear you do not drive, then no need to bother. I adopted public transport for the moment as I do not want extra bother - gas, maintenance, insurance (very expensive!), car registration renewal etc. I buy my monthly pass for 96$, board the bus and relax in the backseat catching up with e-mails.
As emamabd mentioned, if the job requires driving, it will be mentioned in job advert or in the very first phone interview with you. Most logistics jobs require it as warehouses are often far from public transit. Most sales oriented jobs like real estate agent, insurance agent also require it. Most Cable Installation jobs need driving too.

mr.Hope said:
I would like to ask 1 question related to job & driver's License. how important is it, to have driver's license for securing a job ? and what are the set backs without having it ? If one plans to settle in Calgary,AB.

mr.Hope

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04/7/13, DD Charged-29/9/13, PER - 03/12/13
AOR Received.
16/1/2014 Interview: 15-4-2014
Med's Request
22-4-2014 Passport Req:22-4-2014
Med's Done....
28-4-2014 3rd line updated: 9-05-14
VISA ISSUED...
6-6-2014
LANDED..........
Mid Of September !!!
Katayoon said:
I live in Calgary. Not having a car is inconvenient if you do not live near LRT (and LRT only goes through some neighborhoods) because buses are not always punctual, some bus stations are without shelter and on weekends they come along very rarely (if they come at all). However if you have an office job that does not require visiting clients etc.and you are happy living the above mentioned experiences + you are happy with everybody rolling out eyes at you as if you landed from Mars when they hear you do not drive, then no need to bother. I adopted public transport for the moment as I do not want extra bother - gas, maintenance, insurance (very expensive!), car registration renewal etc. I buy my monthly pass for 96$, board the bus and relax in the backseat catching up with e-mails.
As emamabd mentioned, if the job requires driving, it will be mentioned in job advert or in the very first phone interview with you. Most logistics jobs require it as warehouses are often far from public transit. Most sales oriented jobs like real estate agent, insurance agent also require it. Most Cable Installation jobs need driving too.
HI

thanks a lot for the briefing. +1 for this.
could you please lemme know if North East calgary has sufficient LRT network ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are very welcome. Yes, NE and NW have both good coverage by LRT.

mr.Hope said:
HI

thanks a lot for the briefing. +1 for this.
could you please lemme know if North East calgary has sufficient LRT network ?

canadaukr

Jun 24, 2014
Hi everyone!
I have one technical question about the process of landing by plane. I will be landing when me and my husband (citizen of Canada) return from Mexico vacation. Will my husband be there close with me when I hand landing documents like COPR or they take me to a different window for new immigrants alone?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaukr said:
Hi everyone!
I have one technical question about the process of landing by plane. I will be landing when me and my husband (citizen of Canada) return from Mexico vacation. Will my husband be there close with me when I hand landing documents like COPR or they take me to a different window for new immigrants alone?
You can choose to handle alone or he could accompany you.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Re: Experience with Landing with a B4 or a goods to follow?

Guruji-33 said:
Hi Kunal,

Congratulations on completing the landing formalities!

Could you please elaborate about the concerns that I had mentioned in my earlier post - did the officer ask you to stay until your PR card arrived? will it be required for you to apply a temporary RV after you return to your country, after this short stay in Canada (since I don't know whether you would be able to stay in Canada until you could receive your PR card).

Any other information that you would like to share?

thanks!
The officer wouldn't ask you to stay until the PR card arrival. Its your choice. Although they sometimes do ask if its a short landing.
You can apply for the PR card and give your friend's/relative's address who can collect it. To enter the country again, you could apply for a travel document from your home country or ask someone to get the PR card to you when they are travelling (Many in the forum have gone through similar situation)

conetocanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th July 2013
File Transfer...
6th November 2013
Med's Request
1 February 2014
Med's Done....
4 February 2014
Passport Req..
1 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
1 May 2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2014
Hello Folks!!!

I have landed Edmonton,Canada....GOT my SIN,Health Card, and GDL ...Everything is fine but banking sucks!!!

I wanted to share my experience about banking in Canada...Please never open Scotia Bank Account from anywhere....they are big Cheater in all terms...

First I got confirmation Letter for remittance and once i made my remittance then the money revert back to my Indian Account- Due to negligence of Scotia Bank...

Secondly they have very limited ABM around the whole city...you will have to cross miles to get ABM...and if u use any other ABM then they will deduct 2 CAD per transaction...

Its my personal opinion and observation....Please avoid such banking...

With Regards,

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Hi,

Which bank you recommend then?

Regards,
Fuad

conetocanada said:
Hello Folks!!!

I have landed Edmonton,Canada....GOT my SIN,Health Card, and GDL ...Everything is fine but banking sucks!!!

I wanted to share my experience about banking in Canada...Please never open Scotia Bank Account from anywhere....they are big Cheater in all terms...

First I got confirmation Letter for remittance and once i made my remittance then the money revert back to my Indian Account- Due to negligence of Scotia Bank...

Secondly they have very limited ABM around the whole city...you will have to cross miles to get ABM...and if u use any other ABM then they will deduct 2 CAD per transaction...

Its my personal opinion and observation....Please avoid such banking...

With Regards,

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
fuad1980 said:
Hi,

Which bank you recommend then?

Regards,
Fuad
Hi,

I opened in TD bank and satisfied till now.

thanks..

fahadkalis

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013 "MR Received" on 05-11-2013
Interview........
09-10-2013
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
1st week of sep-2014
Hi, first congratulates you all for successful and safe landing in CANADA,

I have also plan to land in Sep, need a advice that what is the convenient way to show the fund at the time of landing?
I am still confuse about it?

Thank you

Mbaka

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Congratulations to all that landed successfully.

please i need an urgent help and guide from experienced forumites please.

we will be landing in 14 days from now in calgary. (short landing). we are still very entangled and struggling with GOODS TO FOLLOW(GTF) and GOODS ACCOMPANYING LISTS (GAL).

1. DO WE REALLY NEED TO CREATE AN EXCEL SHEET FOR ALL THE 8 ITEMS ON THE GTF and GAL? IF YES ... HOW DO WE ITEMISE "CLOTHING AND PERSONAL EFFECT"? HOW DO WE ATTACH VALUE TO THE IN CAD?.. its a whole lot. we got 3 kids all under 10yr.

2. Jewellry:we are doing a short landing for 2 weeks, we hope to move finally mid 2015. so we are definitely not landing with our jewelries this first time. We have snapped out Jewelries and attached the pix to GAL..... now does it mean we cannot purchase any other jewelries when we return to the middleeast? please i need clarifications on all these.

thank you so much.

Peterpan2013

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-07-2013
Med's Request
27-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Dear Friends,

Thanks for sharing all the information till date.
I have a question on the Goods to Follow List & Goods Accompanying List.
In my case I am landing first (PA) and my family will join later.
So if I read it correct, I need to carry the Goods to Follow List & Goods Accompanying List and my family will not have to carry any list, is that correct?
Also, in my Goods to Follow List, I am planning to include things that my family would be carrying, correct?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Mbaka said:
Congratulations to all that landed successfully.

please i need an urgent help and guide from experienced forumites please.

we will be landing in 14 days from now in calgary. (short landing). we are still very entangled and struggling with GOODS TO FOLLOW(GTF) and GOODS ACCOMPANYING LISTS (GAL). It just seems complicated but it is not :p so don't worry.

1. DO WE REALLY NEED TO CREATE AN EXCEL SHEET FOR ALL THE 8 ITEMS ON THE GTF and GAL? IF YES ... HOW DO WE ITEMISE "CLOTHING AND PERSONAL EFFECT"? HOW DO WE ATTACH VALUE TO THE IN CAD?.. its a whole lot. we got 3 kids all under 10yr. You need to attach your best estimate value, not an exact value. Clothes for all 3 kids will be just one line in the Excel sheet or directly in the GTF: "CHILDREN'S CLOTHING"

2. Jewellry:we are doing a short landing for 2 weeks, we hope to move finally mid 2015. so we are definitely not landing with our jewelries this first time. We have snapped out Jewelries and attached the pix to GAL..... now does it mean we cannot purchase any other jewelries when we return to the middleeast? please i need clarifications on all these. That is correct. The privilege you are getting is for items you already own, so you do not have face hindrance in moving to a new country (i.e. Canada). As you are not moving permanently now, you will get another chance to import anything valued less then C$10,000 without tax, if you return 1 year after your first landing.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5087-eng.html#s1x4

thank you so much.

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
fahadkalis said:
Hi, first congratulates you all for successful and safe landing in CANADA,

I have also plan to land in Sep, need a advice that what is the convenient way to show the fund at the time of landing?
I am still confuse about it?

Thank you
you can use bankdraft, a safer and easierway to carry your funds and likewise show it if requested by an officer. Be sure you have an extra funds out of your pocket or creditcard for on the side necessary purchase