+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

darkhorse28

May 20, 2014
Leon said:
If you stay in the transit area in Vancouver, you will never pass immigration and so you will not land until you get to Toronto. If you want to be absolutely sure, you can also try contacting the airport in Vancouver, give them the flight number and ask what the procedure is.
Thank you leon

darkhorse28

May 20, 2014
rizmayo said:
Agree with Leon. You will have to land at the first point you pass immigration (i.e. if you pass through Vancouver immigration then you will have to land their). However if you do not leave the aircraft or they just let you sit in the transit lounge then you will do the immigration at Toronto.

But be advised this is all dependent on how the flight is planned. You or your airline cannot decide whether you will cross immigration or not after the plane has touched down in Vancouver.

It is not the end of the world if you have to land in Vancouver. Many people have made domestic connections within the 1.5 hour time-frame. Even if you do miss the connection because you were stuck in immigration, the airline will get you on the next available flight and if it is on the next day, they will provide you hotel accommodation at their cost. So chill and enjoy Vancouver for free, it is supposed to be very pretty this time of year.

Regards,
Thank you Rizmayo

TO DREAMLAND

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Visa recd on 24th Feb '14
Hi, Can any body comment on "online CIIP" I am been invited on July 15-17, regards,td

yardie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER 27-09-2013
It wasn't so bad afterall. Congrats on your Landing.

Vigilant said:
Hi,
I landed Yesterday via Air Canada from London to Toronto (Pearson International Airport). The flight experience was terrible specially the check in service, and the food (Muslim Meal). Unfortunately I had a seat with a family who were having a two years kid who cried throughout the flight so couldn't manage to sleep. The entertainment system was too slow and the head phones were not working properly. At the airport procedure was very simple and there was no queue at all. I went to the visitors line and handed over my declaration card (which was provided on board) to the officer. He checked it and put some lines with color marker and asked me to go the immigration area. Where an officer with the name of "Lee" (Who looks like Jet Lee :p ) checked my COPR & PP. He asked me about the address which I provided him. The he asked me about my wife which I replied that I am single & never married. The next question was "If I do have any children" which replied "Up to my knowledge "None". He smiled and said "Welcome to Canada".
Till that time he had already cancelled the visa and got my signatures on COPR. The next phase was to collect the luggage which reminded me "Air Blue". I waited for the luggage more than one hour but it wouldn't come. Few other passengers were also with me. Latter on the airport staff directed us to a counter to check the status of our luggage. The luggage of the other passengers was left at the London Heathrow and staff provided them the slips for that to collect/deliver it next day. I was fortunate enough that my stuff was boarded on the plane (As the staff checked on his system). They found my luggage in some other area and handed over to me.
The next phase was to go through the customs counter. The lady asked me how much funds I am carrying as I marked on CAD 10,000 or above on declaration card. I told her the amount and she asked me if this is cash or DD and my answer was DD. She asked me to show her and then she put the DD number in her system. She asked me if there is any goods to follow and I said no. She hander over all the documents to me and said "Welcome and you are good to go". I asked her about the service Canada counter and she said that was just pilot based project and closed now. So came out and got the taxi which was arranged for me by a friend and reached at my accommodation.
The weather is perfect here and people are courteous. Thats all for now and will update for the rest on a later stage.

yardie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER 27-09-2013
Hey malladikarthik, this was a good landing story. All the best.

malladikarthik said:
Hi Guys

I immigrated to Canada (Toronto) during the past week. It was a pretty long flight from Chennai. I took the British Airlines which took approx 20 hours. I landed in Toronto at 7.00 PM.

My immigration process was the smoothest. All it took was just 30 minutes to complete the process. As soon as i landed i was asked to take the new residents que where my passport was verified. Then i was directed to the immigration counter. The officer had a look at my confirmation of permanent residence and passport. She asked to sign on both the copies of confirmation of permanent residence one was their copy and the other was mine.

Then i filled up the application for PR card with a local address. I was informed that PR card will generally take 6-8 weeks to get dispatched. I was not asked for proof of funds or any other documents. Then i was directed to take SIN. SIN process was just 5 mins. He will ask you couple of questions and then he will hand over a print out of SIN confirmation.

Then i was directed to another officer who asked me for goods to follow. I had no goods to follow currently. She filled a nil report and got it signed from me.

Thats it. I was all done with the process. I can me out of the airport by 8.00 PM. Fortunately, it is summer here in Toronto and there was enough sun light then. I took the Aero Express to reach to my hotel in downtown Toronto.

My first week in Toronto was excellent. I managed to take a local number here. I also opened a bank account. By and large my first to do's in Canada are done except getting a job here. I am in the process of finding a suitable job here.

I have meet Indians, Chinese, Italians, Romanians, Romans, Americans, Pakistanis and who not. Its a completely mixed culture here. People are helpful as well.

Regards
M Karthik

yardie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
Nomination.....
PER 27-09-2013
Thanks for this info. Very informative.

canvis2006 said:
PR Card is issued automatically to ALL new Permanent Residents. There is no need to apply.
Your COPR will be used by CIC to create the cards. You just need to provide Canadian mailing address to immigration officials when you arrive in Canada...(at the airport).

PR Card processing times are here on CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp (80 days current processing time)

Unfortunately it takes 80 days for PR Cards to be received (times change so always check website, and no way to expedite this).

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone ;D

To get the SIN card after you land, do you have to take your kids with you, or I can go with my wife and get SIN cards for my kids also??

Thanks,
Cam 8)

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cam1234 said:
Hi Everyone ;D

To get the SIN card after you land, do you have to take your kids with you, or I can go with my wife and get SIN cards for my kids also??

Thanks,
Cam 8)
I do not think children get SIN cards, unless they are older than 12

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
cam1234 said:
Hi Everyone ;D

Thanks,
Cam 8)
No kids are not needed. My wife went alone to get SIN for her and the kids (age 4 and 9) and got them without an issue.

Regards,

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizmayo said:
No kids are not needed. My wife went alone to get SIN for her and the kids (age 4 and 9) and got them without an issue.

Regards,
Thank you mikenz and rizmayo :)

Upon more research I found you are correct rizmayo, so I will not take the children and let them sleep in the morning. :D

Thanks guys!
Cam

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Karthik,

Thank you sharing your landing experience.

In which bank you have opened the account? What are the documents required to open the account? Actually I will be coming to Toronto on 18 July to complete my landing formalities and we will finally move to Edmonton couple of years later.

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Fuad

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
yardie said:
It wasn't so bad afterall. Congrats on your Landing.
Thanks mate... :)

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Mbaka said:
Dear Xylene,

your feedbacks are quite helpful.

I seem to be in the same situation with CAM1234, just that i am not migrating from the USA. We dont intend to do our first landing with the our jewelries as we are going for a short stay (2 weeks).

Now my questions are:

After filling the B4 (goods to follow) with jewelry details with photos (value in CAD etc). Get two copies and declare it at the customs during your first trip. Does it mean we cannot buy anymore Jewelries when we go back? Are we restricted to the Jewelries we already declared during our 1st landing? My wife intends to buy more as we are going to stay for like 10-12 months before relocating finally.

please can you clarify on this?

your urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Nope. You can only import duty free only once and you would have to declare what you are bringing at the time of your first trip. Even if you buy more, you can check CBSA website for the import duties and max value you can import duty free.

cam1234

Star Member
Jul 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xylene said:
Nope. You can only import duty free only once and you would have to declare what you are bringing at the time of your first trip. Even if you buy more, you can check CBSA website for the import duties and max value you can import duty free.

Hi Xylene:

Can you please check your Inbox.

Thanks
Cam

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FSW- MI-1 APPLICANTS, 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) HOLDERS !!!

ANY FSW-MI-1 APPLICANT,WHO APPLIED UPTO 25TH-JUNE-2010 AND HAVE RECEIVED 6-12 OR 18 MONTH LETTER(S) FROM CIC/LVO,COULD CONNECT TO THE BELOW GIVEN LINK TO ANALYSE CIC TIMELINE(S).........MOREOVER, PROVIDE YR OWN TIMELINES [FROM FIELD A TO S (CLICK MENTIONED LINK FOR EXAMPLE] IF WANNA BE PART OF THIS EXCEL SHEET TO HELP OTHERS AND ANALYSE YOURSELF AT A GLANCE.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zu8d03m30kuRUPayQtKEBMhBqi4Z1_4LbmjuXQUiJtY
Email: sasifhassan @ gmail.com