+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
SIN can be done at Toronto airport (SErvices Canada desk)till 2100 hrs. This was confirmed to me by the immigration office.
The counter is closed on weekends and public holidays.

Regards,

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to do short landing from US and I've some questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm was in US on work visa and had to come back for submitting pps. Now that I got my pps back, my employer wants me to travel back to complete my assignment. So, I'm planning to do short landing from US. I'm planning to go and stay in Canada for 4 weeks and apply PR card in urgency. I checked on the CIC that I can request PR card in urgency if stay is greater than 3 weeks. Then I'll go back to US and stay for 6mth-1yr and then permanently move to Canada. I'll leave my spouse in Canada and she will look for a job and I'll move when possible.

My question is it possible? Has anyone done like this?
PR Card: In case they are not able to send my PR card in 4 weeks. Can it cause any kind of problem? Is there any chance that they call again for something like signature, photos or any other reason? My wife will stay back so she can bring my PR card to me. But since it is a single entry visa I'm a little worried.
Is it possible to enter Canada from US without the PR card. Checking the CIC website it seems we can enter Canada based on COPR record if we enter in our private vehicle. Although, meaning of private vehicle is not very clear. should the vehicle be in my name etc. has anyone done this?

Settling 6yh-1yr after landing: I'm planning to permanently move after 6mth-1yr of landing. Can it cause any kind of problems? I don't want to loose PR for 1yr stay in US.

thanks. Can

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hi Friends,

I need urgent help

I am trying to print prepaid label on Canada post website so CIC can mail my passport via Xpresspost. Can anyone tell me what should I enter in SHIP FROM information: First name, last name, email, etc.

If anyone used Canada post website to print prepaid label recently, please guide me thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canimmigrate said:
My question is it possible? Has anyone done like this?
PR Card: In case they are not able to send my PR card in 4 weeks. Can it cause any kind of problem? Is there any chance that they call again for something like signature, photos or any other reason? My wife will stay back so she can bring my PR card to me. But since it is a single entry visa I'm a little worried.
Is it possible to enter Canada from US without the PR card. Checking the CIC website it seems we can enter Canada based on COPR record if we enter in our private vehicle. Although, meaning of private vehicle is not very clear. should the vehicle be in my name etc. has anyone done this?

Settling 6yh-1yr after landing: I'm planning to permanently move after 6mth-1yr of landing. Can it cause any kind of problems? I don't want to loose PR for 1yr stay in US.
Many people have done this. It is really not a problem. If for some reason you don't get your PR card, you can return to Canada in a rented car or on foot. The car doesn't have to be in your name. The problem is just that if you don't have a PR card, a commercial carrier will likely refuse to take you to Canada unless you are visa exempt because they don't want to be held responsible if you are refused entry. However, you are a PR as you know so you will not be refused entry.

Another method to return would be to apply for a PR travel document at a Canadian embassy in the US.

You will not lose your PR for a 1 yr. stay outside. You are allowed up to 3 years outside in any 5 year period.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Many people have done this. It is really not a problem. If for some reason you don't get your PR card, you can return to Canada in a rented car or on foot. The car doesn't have to be in your name. The problem is just that if you don't have a PR card, a commercial carrier will likely refuse to take you to Canada unless you are visa exempt because they don't want to be held responsible if you are refused entry. However, you are a PR as you know so you will not be refused entry.

Another method to return would be to apply for a PR travel document at a Canadian embassy in the US.

You will not lose your PR for a 1 yr. stay outside. You are allowed up to 3 years outside in any 5 year period.
Thanks appreciate your response. on the CIC website it clearly says that if we enter by any commercial vehicle (air/land/water) we have to show the PR card. It says if we enter by a private vehicle then ROL and COPR is sufficient. It also says that there is no gurantee that PR card will be given early if applied under urgency. Also, as per CIC website they can ask us to come and personally collect our PR card. So, still a little confused what to do.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
canimmigrate said:
Thanks appreciate your response. on the CIC website it clearly says that if we enter by any commercial vehicle (air/land/water) we have to show the PR card. It says if we enter by a private vehicle then ROL and COPR is sufficient. It also says that there is no gurantee that PR card will be given early if applied under urgency. Also, as per CIC website they can ask us to come and personally collect our PR card. So, still a little confused what to do.
There is no provision for first timers' PRC to be processed urgently. Current time lines are 76 days as of yesterday.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akbardxb said:
There is no provision for first timers' PRC to be processed urgently. Current time lines are 76 days as of yesterday.
Here it does not distinguish b/w first timers or otherwise. Infact this link talks about new/renew both:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

where did you come to know new PRCs can't be processed urgently.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You will have to wait for the card, newcomers' cards cannot be expedited.

Current wait time for PR Card is 76 days (i know its incredibly slow).

Get someone to courier the card to you if you leave Canada early...

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Mani8585 said:
Hi Friends,

I need urgent help

I am trying to print prepaid label on Canada post website so CIC can mail my passport via Xpresspost. Can anyone tell me what should I enter in SHIP FROM information: First name, last name, email, etc.

If anyone used Canada post website to print prepaid label recently, please guide me thanks
use same address in the SHIP FROM.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
canimmigrate said:
Here it does not distinguish b/w first timers or otherwise. Infact this link talks about new/renew both:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/index.asp

where did you come to know new PRCs can't be processed urgently.
There are quite a few posts in various threads confirming this. If you have had a different experience, pls do share.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
You will have to wait for the card, newcomers' cards cannot be expedited.

Current wait time for PR Card is 76 days (i know its incredibly slow).

Get someone to courier the card to you if you leave Canada early...
My wife will be staying behind so my main worry is not about recieving the card.
What I'm worried about is what happens if they ask me to come and collect the card in person from some office. Or if they want to contact me for something like photo or signature etc then what happens.
Are these possible?

Thanks.

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hi Friends,

It's Little Urgent:

I am trying to print expresspost prepaid lable on canadapost.ca so Ottawa can send my passports back in USA.

I tried several different credit cards, visa, MC, Amex.

I tried almost all web browser exist in this world

Cleared all the cookies and cache

Tried different computer

BUT, I am getting the same message:

"Thank you for using Canada Post Ship-in-a-click. Unfortunately, we were experiencing technical difficulties. Please note that your credit card has NOT been charged. Please close your browser window and try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Please give you input. Thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
canimmigrate said:
My wife will be staying behind so my main worry is not about recieving the card.
What I'm worried about is what happens if they ask me to come and collect the card in person from some office. Or if they want to contact me for something like photo or signature etc then what happens.
Are these possible?

Thanks.
Don't stress too much. Heavens forbid if there is a problem, you can apply for a travel,document at the local Canadian mission and travel. Neither worrying nor any one's assurance will solve this problem if it occurs. So relax and carry on.

hinakhan

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
I am planning to land Toronto in August 2014 (from Pakistan). Would I need to apply for PR card on airport or after landing/coming out of airport by mail? And how much time normally they take to send PR card ?