+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I completed my landing last Saturday - March 8, 2014. US to Canada and back to US.

Here is my detailed landing experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/another-successful-landing-and-return-back-to-us-using-avr-t189888.0.html

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
cnonline said:
I completed my landing last Saturday - March 8, 2014. US to Canada and back to US.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/another-successful-landing-and-return-back-to-us-using-avr-t189888.0.html
Congrats! :)

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
cnonline said:

Congrats and thanx for sharing

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
Hello All, My wife and I just got the permanent residency visa and COPR documents from CPC-Ottawa and they have given us the beginning of May as deadline to land in Canada. We plan to initially go to Canada and take care of the landing formalities and then later immigrate but still not decided when exactly. Someone who just entered Canada to finish landing formalities mentioned that he was not issued the PR Card as the IO said the PR Card would be issued once he moves in permanently into Canada (not sure whether this person had a mailing address in Canada). So if I have a mailing address in Canada will the PR Card be mailed to the address even if it is not my permanent move during my landing?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Hello All, My wife and I just got the permanent residency visa and COPR documents from CPC-Ottawa and they have given us the beginning of May as deadline to land in Canada. We plan to initially go to Canada and take care of the landing formalities and then later immigrate but still not decided when exactly. Someone who just entered Canada to finish landing formalities mentioned that he was not issued the PR Card as the IO said the PR Card would be issued once he moves in permanently into Canada (not sure whether this person had a mailing address in Canada). So if I have a mailing address in Canada will the PR Card be mailed to the address even if it is not my permanent move during my landing?
While the officer is filling your COPR and doing the landing formalities he will be asking you some questions..if he got the impression that you will be staying in canada for a very short time - he can choose not to process your PR card at this time. So you have to assure him that you will be present in canada when the card arrives (6-8 weeks at least)

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
emamabd said:
While the officer is filling your COPR and doing the landing formalities he will be asking you some questions..if he got the impression that you will be staying in canada for a very short time - he can choose not to process your PR card at this time. So you have to assure him that you will be present in canada when the card arrives (6-8 weeks at least)
Thanks emamabd. Even if our PR cards are not processed during landing does it affect permanent residency status?

I mean our 5 year time period within which we should spend 2 years in Canada to maintain our PR status would start ticking the day we finish our landing formalities, and in theory even if we decide to permanently move (either enter by road or by applying for a travel document since no PR card) into Canada after spending 3 years outside Canada from the time we land we can get the PR cards. Is my thinking correct or no having PR cards have other complications apart from being able to enter Canada via commercial vehicle?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Thanks emamabd. Even if our PR cards are not processed during landing does it affect permanent residency status?

I mean our 5 year time period within which we should spend 2 years in Canada to maintain our PR status would start ticking the day we finish our landing formalities, and in theory even if we decide to permanently move (either enter by road or by applying for a travel document since no PR card) into Canada after spending 3 years outside Canada from the time we land we can get the PR cards. Is my thinking correct or no having PR cards have other complications apart from being able to enter Canada via commercial vehicle?
Yes you assumption is correct.. PR card is just a proof of your residency status (so is the COPR) and the only time where you cannot use the COPR instead of the PR card is when you are entering Canada in a commercial vehicle.

Regards,

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
rizmayo said:
Yes you assumption is correct.. PR card is just a proof of your residency status (so is the COPR) and the only time where you cannot use the COPR instead of the PR card is when you are entering Canada in a commercial vehicle.

Regards,
Thank you rizmayo. Another thought just came to me is after landing is there any difference between primary applicant and dependant. For landing I believe the primary applicant should be present. Suppose we don't get our PR cards issued during our landing, so later when we want to settle in Canada can one of the dependents enter Canada with the COPR (assuming travel by private vehicle by road) even if primary applicant is not there?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Thank you rizmayo. Another thought just came to me is after landing is there any difference between primary applicant and dependant. For landing I believe the primary applicant should be present. Suppose we don't get our PR cards issued during our landing, so later when we want to settle in Canada can one of the dependents enter Canada with the COPR (assuming travel by private vehicle by road) even if primary applicant is not there?
The principal applicant must land at the same time OR before the others. It is ok for the principal applicant to land alone first and the others later. It is ok for the principal applicant to land with some dependents and other dependent(s) land later. It is not ok for the dependents to land before the principal applicant.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
anthcott @ yahoo.com said:
once you and your family land, you all become permanent residents. So if later one of your family members wants to move back before the others - i believe that would not be an issue since after landing - there's no longer a dependency on the "principal applicant".

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
emamabd said:
once you and your family land, you all become permanent residents. So if later one of your family members wants to move back before the others - i believe that would not be an issue since after landing - there no longer a dependency on the "principal applicant".
Cool. Thanks emamabd. I assume this would also be the case in the senario in which the PR cards were not issued while landing and dependent is trying to enter via road using the COPR issued during landing.

Suppose this is a permanent entry by the dependent then will only the dependant's PR Card get issued first, and later on when the primary applicant comes the PR card for the primary applicant would get issued?

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Cool. Thanks emamabd. I assume this would also be the case in the senario in which the PR cards were not issued while landing and dependent is trying to enter via road using the COPR issued during landing.

Suppose this is a permanent entry by the dependent then will only the dependant's PR Card get issued first, and later on when the primary applicant comes the PR card for the primary applicant would get issued?
Yes. That is correct as you are all independent residents after landing, all your dependents are free to come and go as they like and their PR cards can be issued before the PA gets his/her PR card.

Regards,

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hi forum mates,
I just landed yesterday at toronto international airport terminal 1 by emirates.
here is my landing experience
Flight landed 50 minutes late by 4.30pm so i was worried that i may miss my connection to regina by 7.20 pm
proceeded to immigration there is 2 lines one long Que for guys whose final destination is toronto and another short que for guys who have connection flight.i joined short que.

went to the lady at the counter and greeted.Informed im newcomer.She asked what do i have in checked in baggage and I answered some winter clothing and kitchenware.(i had pickles,snacks etc also but i preferred not to say and she ask)she checked my declaration card and put some lines with a pink marker.

left that counter and a lady directed me seeing my pink lined card to another counter for newcomers.went to the counter only 2 or 3 newcomers at that time.around 5 or 6 counters for newcomers.
officer called me to the counter and asked me "what brings you to canada.I explained my scenario(my wife works here and iam on open work permit)just 5 minutes and some other qustions like where my wife works,how long i will be staying here,my address here in canada.officer printed open work permit fot me attached to passport.

in total around 30 minutes from landing to exit immigration.

straight to baggage collection.collected a trolley by using my credit card as i dont had any coins. another 20 minutes baggage collected.exited from thre and joined que for connection flight at customs checking.Handed over declaration card which was marked pink.

exited from there and asked some airport crew there for my next flight checkin.They directed me to terminal 3 westjet checkin counter.I had to walk 10 minutes and used train to reach terminal 3.
checked in at terminal 3 and payed 22 dollar for 1 extra check in baggage(free check in baggage 1 pc)
collected boarding pass and reached boarding gate by 6.40 pm.

So everything went smooth without any worries

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
@ jppbaku

Thanx for sharing - informative!

sam439

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
I have some queries and seek your help now.

I got the PR this month and I am travelling next month to canada alone. My spouse and my children will accompany me later after 3-4 months. My destination in canada is Ottawa and I booked the ticket with British Airways. My route is India-London(heathrow)-Toronto-Ottawa. So I wanted to ask you that will my immigration(landing procedure) will be done at Toronto or Ottawa as I have 4 hours connecting flight at toronto to ottawa. So I doubt my flight from toronto to Ottawa will be domestic one in canada.

One more thing as a family of 4, I have to carry around $21000. So minimum how much funds can I carry?and if i am carrying part of it with me then will my spouse has to carry the remaining funds when they travel?or else if I carry whole amount with me now i.e $21000 then my spouse doesn't has to carry any pof later?

Thanks