+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

azimrit

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
27-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2014
desirecanada said:
azimrit ,Remember why at the first place u applied for PR ? what was the purpose? Now time has come to serve the purpose and have a better life.

Don't worry everything will be fine.what's life without a little bit of struggle and suspense.

BTW u r in which profession and what is ur experience level ?
thank you v.much desirecanada.i am a hospital engineer with 4 + yrs exp.

Fayskhan

Apr 27, 2013
Hi everyone,
This is my first post though i was taking advantage of getting useful info from time to time.
Ok so I will be landing in calgary on 2nd of Arpil 2014, as mentioned in the threads earlier that it is good to fill in IMM 5444 as it will be handy, I have following querries if anyone can help me

1) both my self and my wife will have seperate form IMM 5444 or is it one form for entire family, what about kids younger then 18 ??

2) Ref Question 22 - TRAVEL HISTORY , This question is asking about have you travelled outside of canada...... since this is my first landing what should i write in this section???? should i leave it blank or should i check on "NO" ???
in the guide following is mentioned
Question 22
Your Travel History: You must list all your absences from Canada in the last five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago. Fill in the dates of the period that should be assessed.

Absences include vacations, absences due to employment, trips to the USA and any other time you left Canada.

If you have been outside Canada for 1095 days or more, complete Section D. See Appendix A for more information on meeting the residency obligation.

If your absences add up to less than 1095 days, go to Section E: Consent to Disclose Information.

Use another page if you need more space to list this information.

3) If someone has recent experiance of landing in canada and can share the thoughts??

4) Can anyone send me sample of Form B4 and goods to follow

I know some of these questions already answered earlier but if some once can refresh that would be great ;)

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Fayskhan said:
Hi everyone,
This is my first post though i was taking advantage of getting useful info from time to time.
Ok so I will be landing in calgary on 2nd of Arpil 2014, as mentioned in the threads earlier that it is good to fill in IMM 5444 as it will be handy, I have following querries if anyone can help me

1) both my self and my wife will have seperate form IMM 5444 or is it one form for entire family, what about kids younger then 18 ??

2) Ref Question 22 - TRAVEL HISTORY , This question is asking about have you travelled outside of canada...... since this is my first landing what should i write in this section???? should i leave it blank or should i check on "NO" ???
Question 22
Your Travel History: You must list all your absences from Canada in the last five (5) years, or since becoming a permanent resident if less than five (5) years ago. Fill in the dates of the period that should be assessed.

Absences include vacations, absences due to employment, trips to the USA and any other time you left Canada.

If you have been outside Canada for 1095 days or more, complete Section D. See Appendix A for more information on meeting the residency obligation.

If your absences add up to less than 1095 days, go to Section E: Consent to Disclose Information.

3) If someone has recent experiance of landing in canada and can share the thoughts??

I know some of these questions already answered earlier but if some once can refresh that would be great ;)
Visit this blog for a collection of landing experiences put together:
http://canadavisale.blogspot.in/

Fayskhan

Apr 27, 2013
Thanks sinestra, that answers my question about landing experiance, i am looking for some recent exeperiance in 2014 or DEc 2013 and still few of my questiones unanswered any one can help ... :)

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Fayskhan said:
Hi everyone,

Question 22

I guess you have read one of the old posts. As a new immigrant you are no longer required to fill form IM5444. You just have to give your address in Canada to the immigration officer and they will enter the information in their computers. That's it you will get your PR cards in the mail in about 60days.

Regards,

KingfisherStrong

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2013
Doc's Request.
CC(29/09/2013)
Nomination.....
PER(02/10/2013)
AOR Received.
AOR(29/10/2013)
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
MR(24/12/2013)
Med's Done....
Med - (30/12/2013), Med Update in ECAS - (04/01/2014)
Interview........
DD (RPRF) encashed - 14/01/2014
Passport Req..
24/12/2013
VISA ISSUED...
18/02/2014
LANDED..........
NA
Hi Guys

I am planning to move to Calgary in April. For the flights that go through US airports, it is written that Transit Visa may be required.

What does this means ??

We cant travel on these flights without having transit visa ??

Please share your experience

Fayskhan

Apr 27, 2013
thanks Rizmayo ... :) yeah i got this info from one of the blog .. so no IMM 5444 required just the address ...

Can anyone mail me sample for B4 and B4A forms ..

at fayskhan@gmail.com

azimrit

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
27-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
07-05-2014
desirecanada said:
azimrit ,Remember why at the first place u applied for PR ? what was the purpose? Now time has come to serve the purpose and have a better life.

Don't worry everything will be fine.what's life without a little bit of struggle and suspense.

BTW u r in which profession and what is ur experience level ?
thank u so much for your motivation.by prof i am a hospital engineer and my spouse a nurse.

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Any idea if we can carry our quilts or blankets (new brand ) or is it not allowed?
what about Indian spices and pickle etc..
Anything important we should take along with kids..please advise.

Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ummi said:
Any idea if we can carry our quilts or blankets (new brand ) or is it not allowed?
what about Indian spices and pickle etc..
Anything important we should take along with kids..please advise.

Regards
Yes, as settlers, you can bring used or brand new quilts, blankets, mattresses and even beddings to Canada.

Probably you can bring the Indian spices and pickles with you. You might want to confirm this with Canada Border Service Agency.

ArlJam

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013/ Re-done on December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hello guys,

I need to know if it will be ok at the border service if i bring to Canada dried spices and some dried plants for personal use?

1- the spices, such as : ginger, cumin, black pepper, safran.. (just all the spices that we need for making food)

2- the plants, such as: mint wild, dried mint, thyme, verveine.. (All this plants is for to making tea)

thank you!

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
ArlJam said:
Hello guys,

I need to know if it will be ok at the border service if i bring to Canada dried spices and some dried plants for personal use?

1- the spices, such as : ginger, cumin, black pepper, safran.. (just all the spices that we need for making food)

2- the plants, such as: mint wild, dried mint, thyme, verveine.. (All this plants is for to making tea)

thank you!
You will find all these here in Canada

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
ArlJam said:
Hello guys,

thank you!
As other members have suggested all these things are available here.

However to be safe, I suggest declaring these things on your form B4e .... Whether they are allowed or not, you cannot get into trouble if you declare them. If they are not allowed, customs will just ask you to remove them from your bag and you will be on your way to your new life in Canada.

Generally from what I have observed it is stuff that is not dry that they have issues with like Milk, Ghee, Meats etc.

Regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizmayo said:
Generally from what I have observed it is stuff that is not dry that they have issues with like Milk, Ghee, Meats etc.

Regards,
Except if you are coming from the US border.

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
KingfisherStrong said:
Hi Guys

I am planning to move to Calgary in April. For the flights that go through US airports, it is written that Transit Visa may be required.

What does this means ??

We cant travel on these flights without having transit visa ??

Please share your experience

if you are in a country that needs visa going to the US, then yes! you need visa to do connecting flight to the US.