+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
rizmayo said:
Yes correct. PR cards come in the regular mail, no one has to sign for them. Even if you give a wrong address the cards will be delivered there if the address exists.

Regards,
Many thanks Rizmayo and Akbar for your assistance.

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
anyone in burlington, ontario?

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hi friends
I will be landing at toronto next month on open work permit.I will arrive 15.45 hrs by emirates and from there need to fly to regina by 19.20 hrs.Is 3 hours enough complete the landing formalities at toronto airport?please help...

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
jppbaku said:
Hi friends
I will be landing at toronto next month on open work permit.I will arrive 15.45 hrs by emirates and from there need to fly to regina by 19.20 hrs.Is 3 hours enough complete the landing formalities at toronto airport?please help...
3 hours is more than enough, i did mine for 15mins. plus all the officers are so friendly and helpful. :)

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
NewbieMay said:
3 hours is more than enough, i did mine for 15mins. plus all the officers are so friendly and helpful. :)
Thanks dear for a quick reply.

qt

Mar 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm a silent follower of the forum. We recently landed in Toronto a couple of days ago. The forum helped us big time.

So, in return I would like to share some updates and experience that can help future immigrants landing in Toronto.

Just see points below:

1. We flew from AUH to YYZ via AMS on KLM with 7 Hrs lay over. Advise..use Yotel Hotel inside AMS Airport. Extremely useful for recharging, specially with traveling kids.

2. In Toronto Airport T3, after the PR card processing, you can now immediately apply for the SIN cards.

3. In opening a bank account, select a current account and a savings account. Current for the daily related expenses. This is chargeable monthly. But banks here have packages for newcomers that waives these fees for a few months. The savings account is good secondary account to earn the interest rate from the bank.

Well, hope these points help.

Thanks

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
qt said:
Hi Guys,

I'm a silent follower of the forum. We recently landed in Toronto a couple of days ago. The forum helped us big time.

So, in return I would like to share some updates and experience that can help future immigrants landing in Toronto.

Just see points below:

1. We flew from AUH to YYZ via AMS on KLM with 7 Hrs lay over. Advise..use Yotel Hotel inside AMS Airport. Extremely useful for recharging, specially with traveling kids.

2. In Toronto Airport T3, after the PR card processing, you can now immediately apply for the SIN cards.

3. In opening a bank account, select a current account and a savings account. Current for the daily related expenses. This is chargeable monthly. But banks here have packages for newcomers that waives these fees for a few months. The savings account is good secondary account to earn the interest rate from the bank.

Well, hope these points help.

Thanks
QT thanks for updating, I am planning to follow the same as you did. wish u good luck. NEKEOL

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Helo guys
Which is the best bank to open account for newcomers
plus why we need To open current and saving accounts simatenasly??

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think RBC would be good as they offer credit card for newcomers.

http://www.rbc.com/canada/banking-packages/

If you prefer online banking, you can open an account with PC Financial.

http://www.pcfinancial.ca/

You don't need to open a savings account. But if you have large amount of money, you won't get any interest (or might get very low interest) if you deposit it in your chequing account.

Bigboss said:
Helo guys

anni_in

Sep 4, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2013
AOR Received.
16-Jul-2013
Med's Request
31-Jan-2014
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2014 Medical received.: 17-Feb-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
1-Mar-2014
Bigboss said:
Helo guys
You can open in any bank. There is no use to open Saving account as interest rates are peanuts here in Canada. You can apply for secured credit card initially to build your credit history.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Bigboss said:
Helo guys
Most Canadian banks know that new immigrants bring large amounts as part of their landing and offer packages for them.

As you do not have credit history in Canada, you are technically not eligible to apply for a credit card (an important tool to build Canadian credit history). You however have the option of getting a secured credit card, this means that you can block a certain amount of your cash (deposit) and have that as your credit card limit. Once you build credit history and have good credit rating you will get your deposit back and the bank will continue to increase you credit limit with time (based on your rating).

Few banks offer new immigrants unsecured credit cards (no deposit needed). These cards have low credit limits ($500 to $2000 depends on bank and your personal circumstances), however once your credit ratings improves so will your credit card limit.

Some of the programs for new immigrants:

Scotiabank: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2468,00.html

CIBC: https://www.cibc.com/ca/chequing-savings/newcomers.html

TD Bank: http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/newtocanada/

RBC: http://www.rbc.com/canada/banking-packages/index.html

My personal experience is with Scotiabank and CIBC, but I would recommend scotiabank. Scotiabank will immediately approve a credit card with limit of $1000 for new comers. TD bank is also popular here, but they do not offer unsecured credit cards to new immigrants.

You don't have to get a saving account if you don't want one (people just get it because it is free as part of the new comer package).

One thing I would advise is that your wife get her own account and her own credit card, as she will have zero credit history as a supplementary card holder. You may need her to cosign the loan, if you want to buy a house in the future and you do not have the right credit rating.

Regards,

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Dear members of forum

I am planning for landing in April 2014 and am searching airlines. Does anyone have any experience with Saudi airline? Its fare is on a lower side currently. However, thinking a lot about this airline as I have an infant with me. Tried searching views about that airline and overall I can say it depends on staff, airline & importantly luck. Same reviews required for egypt airways too(by the way one forum member Hasni wrote good review about Egypt airways and if anyone can share more, will be helpful).

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Ali78 said:
Dear members of forum

I am planning for landing in April 2014 and am searching airlines. Does anyone have any experience with Saudi airline? Its fare is on a lower side currently. However, thinking a lot about this airline as I have an infant with me. Tried searching views about that airline and overall I can say it depends on staff, airline & importantly luck. Same reviews required for egypt airways too(by the way one forum member Hasni wrote good review about Egypt airways and if anyone can share more, will be helpful).
select any airline other than Egypt. if u have infant then try direct flight, which take 14-15 hrs, oters with one stop takes 22 hrs, and 2 hrs for landing it will be toooo much for infant, and u tooooo. wish u good luck.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
nekeol said:
select any airline other than Egypt. if u have infant then try direct flight, which take 14-15 hrs, oters with one stop takes 22 hrs, and 2 hrs for landing it will be toooo much for infant, and u tooooo. wish u good luck.
Many thanks Nekeol. So you think Saudi can be considered if direct flight is not a possiblity due to ..........

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
rizmayo said:
Most Canadian banks know that new immigrants bring large amounts as part of their landing and offer packages for them.

As you do not have credit history in Canada, you are technically not eligible to apply for a credit card (an important tool to build Canadian credit history). You however have the option of getting a secured credit card, this means that you can block a certain amount of your cash (deposit) and have that as your credit card limit. Once you build credit history and have good credit rating you will get your deposit back and the bank will continue to increase you credit limit with time (based on your rating).

Few banks offer new immigrants unsecured credit cards (no deposit needed). These cards have low credit limits ($500 to $2000 depends on bank and your personal circumstances), however once your credit ratings improves so will your credit card limit.

Some of the programs for new immigrants:

Scotiabank: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,2468,00.html

CIBC: https://www.cibc.com/ca/chequing-savings/newcomers.html

TD Bank: http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/newtocanada/

RBC: http://www.rbc.com/canada/banking-packages/index.html

My personal experience is with Scotiabank and CIBC, but I would recommend scotiabank. Scotiabank will immediately approve a credit card with limit of $1000 for new comers. TD bank is also popular here, but they do not offer unsecured credit cards to new immigrants.

You don't have to get a saving account if you don't want one (people just get it because it is free as part of the new comer package).

One thing I would advise is that your wife get her own account and her own credit card, as she will have zero credit history as a supplementary card holder. You may need her to cosign the loan, if you want to buy a house in the future and you do not have the right credit rating.

Regards,
This is helpful...