+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas1980 said:
Hi,
That was great. Thank you very much.
The link to the PR card application wasn't working, though. I did not come across the info on PR card application process anywhere else. Please do through more light on this, as I can get ready for the same, before I land in Toronto, in April,2014.

Thanks again.
If you read the original post again, you will notice that it says that the PR card application will take place at the POE (point of entry) and that they will use the photos you provided for your PR application itself, so you do not have to fill out a PR card application beforehand.

A PR card application form would only be necessary if you are applying to renew a PR card, if you lose it or if your PR card for some reason never arrives. Should you need this in the future, you can find it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

pansacus

Aug 31, 2012
Hello seniors
I have been a silent follower of this forum & really appreciate all the info.
Am planing to do landing via road from US. Two questions

1. Is there a minimum time ownership requirement (say, 3 or 6 months) before the newcomer could bring the car to Canada while landing via road from US? My car is registered in my brother's name. I can easily get it transferred to my name but if there is a minimum ownership time requirement then it's a problem .
Any advice ?

2. I am clear about B4 GTF , only confusion I have is for non accompanying family member.
Do I fill that stuff in my B4 GTF at my landing or that member has to do separate B4 at his landing . In other words is B4
Goods accompanying / GTF
family specific like POF or member specific .
Please advice

Bigboss

Jan 18, 2013
UAE-Alain
Category........
Visa Office......
MCH-London
NOC Code......
7241,MI3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2011
Doc's Request.
At the time of dicuments submittion
AOR Received.
11-4-2012
IELTS Request
Along With document request
File Transfer...
1-6-2012
Med's Request
20-8-2012 , expired , remedical 10/11/2013
Med's Done....
ECSE 4-10-2012. Remedical 14/11/2013
Interview........
Hope waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
3/12/2013
LANDED..........
August 2014 inshalah
Really this forum is great

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
pansacus said:
Hello seniors
I have been a silent follower of this forum & really appreciate all the info.
Am planing to do landing via road from US. Two questions

1. Is there a minimum time ownership requirement (say, 3 or 6 months) before the newcomer could bring the car to Canada while landing via road from US? My car is registered in my brother's name. I can easily get it transferred to my name but if there is a minimum ownership time requirement then it's a problem .
Any advice ?

2. I am clear about B4 GTF , only confusion I have is for non accompanying family member.
Do I fill that stuff in my B4 GTF at my landing or that member has to do separate B4 at his landing . In other words is B4
Goods accompanying / GTF
family specific like POF or member specific .
Please advice
u as princiapl applicant has to declare in your forms and first time landing. non accompanying members can bring the same items what u have mentioned in your B4 forms, just mention that these item will be in future with family

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
Hi All,

I wanted to know that if we land on a week day at toronto, can we get our PR, SIN and Health card done right from the airport itself? I heard that now a days they have counters at the airport to apply for the SIN number but not sure about rest of the cards. Let me know if you have any information on the same...

Shef

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that now a days they have counters at the airport to apply for the SIN number but not sure about rest of the cards. Let me know if you have any information on the same...
They have Service Canada office in Toronto airport? That's cool!
SIN number you may get right away then. But to get PR card will take some weeks. And three months before your Ontario health insurance will start working for you.

at9459

May 30, 2009
I received my PR card three years ago.
I could not go back because of certain family problems.
If I go now will I have problems at the immigration desk?
I wish to land in Montreal after a span of 3 years.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at9459 said:
If you have been outside Canada for less than 3 years since you landed, you still meet the RO (residency obligation). If you have been outside for more than 3 years since you landed, you don't. You may get hassled at the immigration desk. Worst case, you may get reported for not meeting the RO in which case you would have to appeal for your PR.

at9459

May 30, 2009
My PR card expiry date shows 31jan2016. Is this date considered while making an entry to Canada? is there a way whereby I can decrease the hassles with the immigration?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
at9459 said:
My PR card expiry date shows 31jan2016. Is this date considered while making an entry to Canada? is there a way whereby I can decrease the hassles with the immigration?
if you want to avoid the hassle, you should return this month and before (31 jan 2014), otherwise the officer can report you as you will not be able to meet the residency requirement of 730 days by the time your card expires.

shef

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
07-09-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Booked for 17th April 2014
A simple calculation states that a person has his continued residenceship if a person has been in canada for total of 730 days(2 years) in ANY five year period. For now your 5 year period will start from the date you entered canada first time as landed Immigrant.

For example.
you entered on 1st Jan 2011 and stayed for 20 days and left the country. Then your 5 year period starts from 1st Jan 2011 to 31st Dec 2015. Now, you have to enter the country before 19th/20th Jan 2014 to complete the residency obligation and then continue your stay for at least 710 days or more to keep it running for next 3 years.

Little complex, but now you know the calculation, so calculate how many days you started and whether you are eligible to enter again. If you are not, you may have to appeal at the consulate in your hoke country and see if they give you an RRP (Returning Resident Permit). This used to be available earlier, not sure what it is called now...

Hope I have clarified your doubts.

Shef

at9459 said:

at9459

May 30, 2009
are they very strict about this i.e. 730 days out of 5 years?

Do they condone few days while renewing the PR Card.

abidpk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 2009
Doc's Request.
apr 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Inshaallah
Med's Done....
Inshaallah
Passport Req..
Inshaallah
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
Hello members,
Assalam-U-Alaikum.
P.s ; I'm sorry to join after a really long time, amongst you all. Hope you're doing well.

I was just eager that anyone would guide me what's coming up next for me, as I have provided them with the required documents to the LVO, as they asked for ; (25 november 2012)
1) Lending Money : 890 cad
2) pictures of family
3) police certificate

Now after almost an year of desperate wait, I got again a requirement of documents which included ;
1) original my and spouses' education, marriage certificates
2) new schedule a form of all applicants
3) and a new principal applicant form
4) Canadian relatives' documents.
5) settlement funds (property value certificate)
Please guide me, if any member have gone through this respective step, I would be really grateful for the information or guidance.

Thanks.
:)
Regards,
Abid

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at9459 said:
are they very strict about this i.e. 730 days out of 5 years?

Do they condone few days while renewing the PR Card.
They tend to be strict because 730 days out of 5 years is already very lax. Many countries revoke your PR if you are gone for 6 months at a time. Canada allows you up to 3 years.