+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

canadian immigrant

Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-04-2013
dubaiite said:
Not required...it will filled up by cbsa authority automatically
Thanks for letting my confusion to be finished.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
First of all, many thanks to Qorax for his landing guidance.

Second, I am sharing my landing experience here

My landing:

Finally arrived in Montreal. Landing was very efficient.

First, I queued in the visitor sector of the passport control, where the officer checked my passport and customs declaration that I filled in the airplane. He only asked me about the goods/money that I declared on the form without checking any papers. He asked me why I declared plants and animals - told him that I have a massage gel containing herbs and my bag contains leather. He smiled and asked me whether I brought food - he was pleased when I said no.

Second, I picked up my luggage and went to the Immigration bireau. There I was welcomed by Customs officer who got excited that I prepared two copies of B4 forms. He took my papers and asked me to wait. I waited for 5 minutes and was picked up by young and smiling officer. He filled my COPR and asked me to sign it. Then he stamped my B4 forms along with jewellery pictures and stapled them to the COPR to return to me. He also asked me if I have jewellery valuation by jeweller. Told him that I did not. Luckily another officer interfered and said that for landing I am fine, but if I plan to leave Canada with this jewelry and enter later, I will be asked jewelry valuation to make sure that no import duties are required.

BTW I was not asked proof of funds. The officer accepted my word. Also, my luggage was not inspected.

He advised that PR card should arrive within 6 weeks and I should phone CIC if it does not.

I was expecting to apply for SIN as well at the airport, but I was not offered this option.

The last stage was to go to Quebec immigration to receive a bunch of guides and maps and a list of organizations where I can make appointment for introductory session about settlement.

This is all that I can remember after a 24-hour trip. BTW, it is nice and dry here.

FSW Applicant

Jan 21, 2013
QUESTIONS FOR CAPTAIN QORAX ON LANDING

Captain Qorax:

Greetings from Tanzania, and appreciation for the great work you are doing assisting Canada FSW applicants.

I imagine you have been asked the following questions a million times, but please pardon me to ask them again (I am afraid the legislation could have changed between the dates of the original posts and today):

1. I am delighted to have just received the visa and the CoPR. My intended destination was Vancouver (in the application and in the CoPR), but I now want to do the initial landing in Toronto. Is this OK, and will the BSO ask me why I am landing in Toronto?

2. If I get a return ticket (with the return date two weeks later), is this going to cause any problems? Are they likely to ask me why I decided to get a return ticket, and not one-way since I am moving to settle in Canada?

3. I intend to provide the address of a friend in Toronto for the PR. Will they ask me whether that will be my permanent address, or how dis I have/get my own address and I am only now just moving into the country?

4. I intend to carry about $50,000 in cash with me, and plan to declare on entry. Is this acceptable, and might it lead to questions on proof of legitimate earnings, etc? Do I have to carry my payslips and bank statements etc

Again, many thanks for the wonderful insightful and dedication to helping us from all over the world.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ketevan said:

My landing:

First, I queued in the visitor sector of the passport control, where the officer checked my passport and customs declaration that I filled in the airplane. He only asked me about the goods/money that I declared on the form without checking any papers. He asked me why I declared plants and animals - told him that I have a massage gel containing herbs and my bag contains leather. He smiled and asked me whether I brought food - he was pleased when I said no.

Second, I picked up my luggage and went to the Immigration bireau. There I was welcomed by Customs officer who got excited that I prepared two copies of B4 forms. He took my papers and asked me to wait. I waited for 5 minutes and was picked up by young and smiling officer. He filled my COPR and asked me to sign it. Then he stamped my B4 forms along with jewellery pictures and stapled them to the COPR to return to me. He also asked me if I have jewellery valuation by jeweller. Told him that I did not. Luckily another officer interfered and said that for landing I am fine, but if I plan to leave Canada with this jewelry and enter later, I will be asked jewelry valuation to make sure that no import duties are required.

BTW I was not asked proof of funds. The officer accepted my word. Also, my luggage was not inspected.

He advised that PR card should arrive within 6 weeks and I should phone CIC if it does not.

I was expecting to apply for SIN as well at the airport, but I was not offered this option.

The last stage was to go to Quebec immigration to receive a bunch of guides and maps and a list of organizations where I can make appointment for introductory session about settlement.

This is all that I can remember after a 24-hour trip. BTW, it is nice and dry here.
Welcome to Canada!
And thanks for the share.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: QUESTIONS FOR CAPTAIN QORAX ON LANDING

FSW Applicant said:
Captain Qorax:

Greetings from Tanzania, and appreciation for the great work you are doing assisting Canada FSW applicants.

I imagine you have been asked the following questions a million times, but please pardon me to ask them again (I am afraid the legislation could have changed between the dates of the original posts and today):

1. I am delighted to have just received the visa and the CoPR. My intended destination was Vancouver (in the application and in the CoPR), but I now want to do the initial landing in Toronto. Is this OK, and will the BSO ask me why I am landing in Toronto?

2. If I get a return ticket (with the return date two weeks later), is this going to cause any problems? Are they likely to ask me why I decided to get a return ticket, and not one-way since I am moving to settle in Canada?

3. I intend to provide the address of a friend in Toronto for the PR. Will they ask me whether that will be my permanent address, or how dis I have/get my own address and I am only now just moving into the country?

4. I intend to carry about $50,000 in cash with me, and plan to declare on entry. Is this acceptable, and might it lead to questions on proof of legitimate earnings, etc? Do I have to carry my payslips and bank statements etc

Again, many thanks for the wonderful insightful and dedication to helping us from all over the world.
Replied elsewhere.

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
31-10-2012 / Sent on 18-11-2012 / LVO received 20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
Re: QUESTIONS FOR CAPTAIN QORAX ON LANDING

qorax said:
Replied elsewhere.

Hi Qorax,

Sent u a PM. Pl respond. Thx

splashing

Feb 14, 2013
Ketevan said:

My landing:

Hi Ketevan,

Many thanks for ur post.
Hope you dont mind me asking question re the proof of funds.

Pls like how much did you fill in the form. also were you carrying the whole funds as cash with you?

roughly how much did u carry as cash and and how did u provide balance.

I plan to land with hubby first week in April and plan to take 2,000 canadian dollars with us and rest in our debit card with bank statement as proof .

what do you think frome experience ?

Many thanks

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Hi splashing,

The officer asked me how much approximately I have. Told him I have between 11000 and 12000. I did not indicate this amount on the form, I only ticked the option on the customs declaration that says "I am bringing 10000 and more".Then he asked in which currencies I have this. I said that I have a mix of canadian dollar cash, canadian dollar draft and british pound cash. This is it. He did not ask to see any proof.

splashing said:
Hi Ketevan,

Many thanks for ur post.
Hope you dont mind me asking question re the proof of funds.

Pls like how much did you fill in the form. also were you carrying the whole funds as cash with you?

roughly how much did u carry as cash and and how did u provide balance.

I plan to land with hubby first week in April and plan to take 2,000 canadian dollars with us and rest in our debit card with bank statement as proof .

what do you think frome experience ?

Many thanks

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
Dear all
I plan to land in Vancouver can any one share life there especially for kids and schools
Thanks

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Dear Qorax

My Wife is PA. I m on dependent visa. She will stay for just 40 days and came back to India with kids..... I am planning to stay there for little longer upto next one year. They v can plan to revisit in 2015 for good.

I can receive there PR cards as well if we dont receive it in during there stay.

I have one doubt....I dont want to take any risk as i have read many a time PR card processing is delayed cos of Photographs specification.

Kindly suggest if I should deliberately give IO the latest photographs of family with the date mentioned at back. or they will use the same 2 years old photos which are there in there record and on CORP since we applied in 2010.

Kindly put some light on it....

thanks and regard

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All, Qorax

my Wife passed border from Niagra falls border in a car. she is in USA holding H1 visa , she is Principal Applicant, I am Co applicant.

below is the conversation

Officer : do you have permanent address in canada ? , Wife : Yes
Officer : Will you leave canada today or tomorrow ? , Wife : yes (As she was with car)
Officer told that "when you come physically and permanently again then we will process and send you PR card as soon as possible" , he cancelled Visa.

my Wife did not argue and passed immigration.

Officer signed and gave below things back to my wife
1) New slip (document) using which she can fly/drive any time to canada again.
2) COPR signed and stamped
3) PP immigration stamp

my question is 1) Is landing formality completed ? if yes then I am in india right now , can i go at any time to canada with out her ?

pls reply me ....need your help.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj chandigarh said:
Dear Qorax

My Wife is PA. I m on dependent visa. She will stay for just 40 days and came back to India with kids..... I am planning to stay there for little longer upto next one year. They v can plan to revisit in 2015 for good.

I can receive there PR cards as well if we dont receive it in during there stay.

I have one doubt....I dont want to take any risk as i have read many a time PR card processing is delayed cos of Photographs specification.

Kindly suggest if I should deliberately give IO the latest photographs of family with the date mentioned at back. or they will use the same 2 years old photos which are there in there record and on CORP since we applied in 2010.

Kindly put some light on it....

thanks and regard
That 'resubmission of photos' is something that I opine, based on my observation for a longtime, that occurs mostly when the applicant or his her family isn't residing here. However, a good thing that happened lately is that they r now accepting the photos (if asked again) by post as well.

For our PR cards, they use the same pics as pasted on ur COPR. U don;t require to submit afresh unless the BSO handling ur case at the POE desires so. And we cannot send the pics by ourselves anytime to CPC. Ur plan to staying put here for a yr should be fine.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jaydipal said:
Hello All, Qorax

my Wife passed border from Niagra falls border in a car. she is in USA holding H1 visa , she is Principal Applicant, I am Co applicant.

below is the conversation

Officer : do you have permanent address in canada ? , Wife : Yes
Officer : Will you leave canada today or tomorrow ? , Wife : yes (As she was with car)
Officer told that "when you come physically and permanently again then we will process and send you PR card as soon as possible" , he cancelled Visa.

my Wife did not argue and passed immigration.

Officer signed and gave below things back to my wife
1) New slip (document) using which she can fly/drive any time to canada again.
2) COPR signed and stamped
3) PP immigration stamp

my question is 1) Is landing formality completed ? if yes then I am in india right now , can i go at any time to canada with out her ?

pls reply me ....need your help.
Replied, repeatedly, to ur PMs.

smirky

Feb 24, 2013
Hi All,

Hope to seek some answer here. I need to fly out from Canada 2 weeks after landing (family sponsorship) prior to obtaining my PR card , which based on reading posts in this forum and CIC website, I will need to get travel document to re-enter Canada, except if I go through by non-commercial transport.

My question is:
1. If I fly to Seattle and my husband pick me up there and we drive to Vancouver (showing landing docs: passport+COPR), will they allow us enter Vancouver with extensive luggage, say 2-3 big bags? will this causing any trouble?
2. If I apply travel document, what should I fill in the residency obligation part? I am a bit confused about this part.