+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mr_rana said:
Thanks...!
So when and where is this PRC work done?
Done automatically, as part of ur 'landing' process... online by the BSO handling ur 'record of landing' at the Canadian POE.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Leon said:
They will use the photo you sent with your application.

You can give your friends address for the PR card but if the immigration officer asks you if you will be staying there when the card comes in the mail and if you say no, they may decide to refuse the address and wait until you can give them an address of your own. If this happens, just wait 2 days after landing, then call CIC and say that when you landed, you did not have an address and then give your friends address again ;)

Good luck.
Hello leon trust you and yours are doing great? Just saying hi and thanks for your help all thru the process I remember way back 2010 when I was always bothering you thanks and thanks again.

Cheers

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
Hello leon trust you and yours are doing great? Just saying hi and thanks for your help all thru the process I remember way back 2010 when I was always bothering you thanks and thanks again.
Hello, I always find it nice when people get their visa in the end and manage to land. I am doing well and I hope you and your family are doing well too :)

JGJ

Dec 23, 2012
PASSPORT REQUEST after Medical

Hi Quorax,

Good Evening...

Could you please advice how long will take PPR ,our medical finished last 3rd Nov 2012.and our child medical 31st December 2012.
We worked India, Maldives and U.A.E.

JGJ.

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
PER received: 19-01-2012
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
Dear qorax,
I want to ask if I leave Canada after landing before getting the pr cards and I want to reenter can I apply for a travel document from the visa office or i should have the cards with me to be able to enter Canada?
Ur reply is much appreciated

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: PASSPORT REQUEST after Medical

JGJ said:
Hi Quorax,

Good Evening...

Could you please advice how long will take PPR ,our medical finished last 3rd Nov 2012.and our child medical 31st December 2012.
We worked India, Maldives and U.A.E.

JGJ.
Could take 3-5 months since meds submission.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sherine1972 said:
Dear qorax,
I want to ask if I leave Canada after landing before getting the pr cards and I want to reenter can I apply for a travel document from the visa office or i should have the cards with me to be able to enter Canada?
Ur reply is much appreciated
U need to apply for it at ur local Canadian consulate. Costs $50 and is, usually, given to u in a week to 10-days. However, it has a time limit to use, so u need to plan it wisely.

BTW, a PRTD is not required if u r travelling by road, in a pvt vehicle and entering Canada thru one of it's BPs (Border Posts). In such a case our pps+COPR suffices.

Qorax

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
qorax said:
U need to apply for it at ur local Canadian consulate. Costs $50 and is, usually, given to u in a week to 10-days. However, it has a time limit to use, so u need to plan it wisely.

BTW, a PRTD is not required if u r travelling by road, in a pvt vehicle and entering Canada thru one of it's BPs (Border Posts). In such a case our pps+COPR suffices.

Qorax
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply,
I will be coming back from my home country as I can't stay in Canada at the landing time because my kids won't be finishing their school year yet
Do u have any idea if I should get a travel document for each one of my family or only me the main applicant?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sherine1972 said:
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply,
I will be coming back from my home country as I can't stay in Canada at the landing time because my kids won't be finishing their school year yet
Do u have any idea if I should get a travel document for each one of my family or only me the main applicant?
Any & everyone who intends to fly & enter Canada.

Tasnim

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/1/12
Doc's Request.
15/1/12
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
15/1/12
File Transfer...
27/2/12
Med's Request
23/9/12
Med's Done....
01/10/12
Interview........
Waived Insha Allah
Passport Req..
09/01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/01/2013 Alhamdulillah
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah Landed on 11 March 2013 in Toronto , Ontario
Dear qorax

I will be Landing in Calgary in May this year . I had already booked ticket for Calgary . I had a relative who was living in Calgary and I meant to give his address at the time of landing at the Airport . But after the tickets booked , my relative has to move to Ottawa . Can I give the the Immigration Officer an address of Ottawa for receiving PR cards if I land in Calgary Airport. Is this possible?

Please advise me

Thanks

Tasnim

rleuce

Jan 28, 2013
Not qorax, but I can help.

Of course you can give the address in Ottawa. The BSO might ask you, if you intend to live in Ottawa however. He or she may want to see something as simple as an onward ticket to Ottawa for example. People do this all the time, not everyone who lands in Toronto will actually go and live there.

However, you will not be able to give an Ottawa address if you are arriving under the Provincial Nominee Program.

Cheers,

Tasnim said:
Dear qorax

I will be Landing in Calgary in May this year . I had already booked ticket for Calgary . I had a relative who was living in Calgary and I meant to give his address at the time of landing at the Airport . But after the tickets booked , my relative has to move to Ottawa . Can I give the the Immigration Officer an address of Ottawa for receiving PR cards if I land in Calgary Airport. Is this possible?

Please advise me

Thanks

Tasnim

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tasnim said:
Yes, you can give that address but it is possible that the immigration officer will ask you if you will be staying at that address when the PR card arrives. If you say no, the immigration officer could refuse the address and tell you to get in touch when you know where you will be staying.

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
qorax said:
Any & everyone who intends to fly & enter Canada.
Dear qorax,
I would like to ask about the pof at the port of entry at the landing time,
Im planning to take a bank draft what im asking about is that can i take this bank draft in US dollars or it should be canadian dollars
as there is currency exchange problem in my country
Is that possible?

JGJ

Dec 23, 2012
Good Morning,

Our Passport(Indian) have only Given Name , is it compulsory Surname required ? but me and wife have to names in passport (Given Name Palace )and child have three names , Please clarify ? with out surname , any chance to reject Visa //

Visa Office : London

JGJ