+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ovais Zafar said:
Dear Qorax,
I would like to get your help in a vary important issue, your guidance is much appreciated;
I received my passports and COPRs back from CHC Islamabad, there is a mistake in the COPR of my two sons, eroneously they have pasted my little son's pcture on the COPR of my elder son & wise vera, I don't have time for the rectification as the medical of my family & mine will expire on 30th January'2013, we will flying on 27th January'2013. I emailed to CHC Islamabad & seek their advise, but they did'nt responded my email. Kindly advise, what to do ?
Regards,
Ovais
Go for ur 'landing' as planned. And inform the BSO, handling ur papers@the Canadian port, about the same (as highlighted in blue).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
RAC1987 said:
Hope to find answer from you guys. Which do you think is a better place to go when you are an Accountant: Calgary or Winnipeg?
IF possible could you differentiate the two in terms of:
Job availability:
Work related:
Related but with lesser level:
Survival Job:
Cost of Living:
Public Transit:
Child's schooling:
Weather:
Posibility of being stable:

Also I have 3 kids and thinking whether to bring them with us intantly or just wait for a few month so we, my husband and I, can settle before bringing them over.

Any answer would be highly appreciated. :)
If both the parents r going together -- it'd wouldn't make any difference by keeping the kids behind. Take them with u.

Ovais Zafar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Dear Qorax,
Thank you very much for your reply, now I am relax, will I keep the e-mail which i have sent to CHC Islamabad & CHC London in which i informed them about the mistake alongwith me to show at port of entry. Can I change the pictures by myself ?
Regards,
Ovais

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I have received both the Visa & COPR without photo's...the names and details in both the Visa and COPR are ok. Is it normal to receive Visa & COPR without photos?

I assumed that since the Embassy provided them like that - then it means they should be ok, what do you think? Senior's any advice?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Ovais Zafar said:
Dear Qorax,
Thank you very much for your reply, now I am relax, will I keep the e-mail which i have sent to CHC Islamabad & CHC London in which i informed them about the mistake alongwith me to show at port of entry. Can I change the pictures by myself ?
Regards,
Ovais
No.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emamabd said:
I have received both the Visa & COPR without photo's...the names and details in both the Visa and COPR are ok. Is it normal to receive Visa & COPR without photos?

I assumed that since the Embassy provided them like that - then it means they should be ok, what do you think? Senior's any advice?
Yes, it's OK.

rink

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB 17, 2010 (received by CIO)
Doc's Request.
April 8, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20, 2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Passport Req..
26-06-2012 and sent PP on Aug 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 15, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Qorax,

I got the visa and CoPR and currently i m in US on h1b and planning to complete the landing process soon

Question 1. Should I take the bank statement (account opened in US) showing funds for POF? or I have to make the cahsier check. If so how much the check should be? we are four in family landing.

Question 2: Not sure if you have an idea about this. My H1b stamp in the passport is expired but have valid I797. Can I go to india from canada and return back to canada then back to US by road using AVR?

zaipak

Dec 20, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2009
Ovais Zafar said:
Dear Qorax,
I would like to get your help in a vary important issue, your guidance is much appreciated;
I received my passports and COPRs back from CHC Islamabad, there is a mistake in the COPR of my two sons, eroneously they have pasted my little son's pcture on the COPR of my elder son & wise vera, I don't have time for the rectification as the medical of my family & mine will expire on 30th January'2013, we will flying on 27th January'2013. I emailed to CHC Islamabad & seek their advise, but they did'nt responded my email. Kindly advise, what to do ?
Regards,
Ovais
I would suggest to send urgent mail to LVO as the are responsible for all the processing or any rectification/update.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rink said:
Hi Qorax,

I got the visa and CoPR and currently i m in US on h1b and planning to complete the landing process soon

Question 1. Should I take the bank statement (account opened in US) showing funds for POF? or I have to make the cahsier check. If so how much the check should be? we are four in family landing.

Question 2: Not sure if you have an idea about this. My H1b stamp in the passport is expired but have valid I797. Can I go to india from canada and return back to canada then back to US by road using AVR?
1. Ur US bank statement is usually acceptable.
2. Regrets, I've no idea on it.

geologist

Apr 2, 2012
Dear qorax,

thank you very much for a very informative and helpful thread.
my issue is that i have done my (and my family) medicals in april, 2012, had some issue with the proof of residency of my relatives (which i provided). Now i may get the PPR1 anytime (hopefully), but the passports of my family members are expiring in july 2013. the question is that should i renew their passoprts or not? as its less than six months in the passports and i cannot move anywhere. i had planned a family visit but the country i was visiting denied the visa as the passpts had less than six months to expiry.

WOULD BE CANADIAN

Nov 20, 2012
Dear Qorax Sir,

I recently received my visa and landing papers (copr) from NDVO.

There are some mistakes in the copr like:

My GIVEN NAME is printed in the SURNAME coloumn

and

The expiry date of one of my son's passport is wrongly printed.

My consultant wants to revert back the papers and passports to CHC for correction.

My quesstion is :
Is it necessary ? if yes then how long the NDVO normally takes for the correction procedure.

Thanks in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
geologist said:
Dear qorax,

thank you very much for a very informative and helpful thread.
my issue is that i have done my (and my family) medicals in april, 2012, had some issue with the proof of residency of my relatives (which i provided). Now i may get the PPR1 anytime (hopefully), but the passports of my family members are expiring in july 2013. the question is that should i renew their passoprts or not? as its less than six months in the passports and i cannot move anywhere. i had planned a family visit but the country i was visiting denied the visa as the passpts had less than six months to expiry.
Renew it asap. B'coz with the current one all ur (entire family's) PR visa's expiry will be limited to Jul-2013.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
WOULD BE CANADIAN said:
Dear Qorax Sir,

I recently received my visa and landing papers (copr) from NDVO.

There are some mistakes in the copr like:

My GIVEN NAME is printed in the SURNAME coloumn

and

The expiry date of one of my son's passport is wrongly printed.

My consultant wants to revert back the papers and passports to CHC for correction.

My quesstion is :
Is it necessary ? if yes then how long the NDVO normally takes for the correction procedure.

Thanks in advance
Necessary? -YES. And it could take weeks/months to get it back. We also had one member here whose pps+COPR was never returned for many months until their meds/visas expired. But, usually it's a rarity.

In ur situation I'd go ahead & 'land' with the same documents.

Qorax

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
qorax said:
Yes, it's OK.
Thanks Qorax for your prompt reply and confirmation,
would just like to inform that - after taking a second look - the COPR does actually have photo - only the visa does not.

regards,

WOULD BE CANADIAN

Nov 20, 2012
qorax said:
Necessary? -YES. And it could take weeks/months to get it back. We also had one member here whose pps+COPR was never returned for many months until their meds/visas expired. But, usually it's a rarity.

In ur situation I'd go ahead & 'land' with the same documents.

Qorax
Dear Qorax sir,

Thanks for the quick reply.
You mentioned that its necessary and at the same time you wrote that you would go ahead and land with the same erroneous papers.
Does it mean that the mistakes are not that serious and the IO will accept it the way it is and make necessary changes at the airport itself? (given name entered at surname + 1 passport’s expiry date is wrong)

I am worried about the worst case scenario …… the IO sending us back to India.

Our medicals will expire in july13 and the visas will expire in june13. Please guide .