+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
WOULD BE CANADIAN said:
Dear Qorax sir,

Thanks for the quick reply.
You mentioned that its necessary and at the same time you wrote that you would go ahead and land with the same erroneous papers.
Does it mean that the mistakes are not that serious and the IO will accept it the way it is and make necessary changes at the airport itself? (given name entered at surname + 1 passport's expiry date is wrong)

I am worried about the worst case scenario ...... the IO sending us back to India.

Our medicals will expire in july13 and the visas will expire in june13. Please guide .
I believe that wouldn't happen. Go ahead with ur travel plans -- the BSO handling ur case would do the necessary amendments.

WOULD BE CANADIAN

Nov 20, 2012
Dear Qorax Sir,

Thanks once again for the prompt reply.

I would like to know the procedure of getting the landing paper mistakes corrected by the border services officers (BSOs).

Is it going to take long time there at the airport? and more importantly is there any element of doubt that the authorities at the airport might refuse to listen to us and harass us? I am a bit sceptical about the problems which might crop up there at the airport coz I don't have any friend or relative in toronto to help...

Please guide me about the risks involved in travelling with the erroneous landing papers.

Thanks.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry too much. Please read the following news.

http://www.canada.com/Rejected+immigrants+golden+ticket+Canada+thanks+computer+glitch/7591563/story.html

WOULD BE CANADIAN said:
Dear Qorax Sir,

Thanks once again for the prompt reply.

I would like to know the procedure of getting the landing paper mistakes corrected by the border services officers (BSOs).

Is it going to take long time there at the airport? and more importantly is there any element of doubt that the authorities at the airport might refuse to listen to us and harass us? I am a bit sceptical about the problems which might crop up there at the airport coz I don't have any friend or relative in toronto to help...

Please guide me about the risks involved in travelling with the erroneous landing papers.

Thanks.

nnpp

Aug 17, 2012
Dear Pakistani Canadians, a query,

I have the older pakistani driving license, the book one, Not the new card one, is it okay to get letter from Pakistan High Commission for experience on it for getting Canadian License? Because if I am changing it to card one it will show the current date, whereas I have license since 1991 and that experience counts, please advise

Saffska

Jan 17, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for compiling all the information in this post; it has made me a lot less stressed as to what I have to think about. :)
Saffy

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Hi Qorax,

This is one of the best Articles on Canadavisa Website.......It is so rich that I have started preparing to Land when I haven't got a V yet.....lol

Keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nijuy

Jan 24, 2013
dear qorax,

thank you very much for your detailed step by step guide for new landed immigrants.
this is one of the best topics in the forum.

sir qorax, one question if i will be bring "funds to follow" do I need to declare it upon my first landing? like the "goods to follow" which should be
declared on the first landing.
thank you very much. hope you can reply.
thanks a lot and continue helping us.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nijuy said:
dear qorax,

thank you very much for your detailed step by step guide for new landed immigrants.
this is one of the best topics in the forum.

sir qorax, one question if i will be bring "funds to follow" do I need to declare it upon my first landing? like the "goods to follow" which should be
declared on the first landing.
thank you very much. hope you can reply.
thanks a lot and continue helping us.
a) There's no form/format/way to 'list' ur funds anywhere/anytime.
b) BTW, u can bring-in as much monies as u want, till whenever, they r never taxed.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Dear Qorax,
I got much help and solace to keep a hold on my nerves and finally yesterday, my status turned DM and I expect to collect my PP soon.
So my sincere thanks also get's added to million of thanks you've collected so far being a great guild for seekers.

I'm now on the next leap to prepare for my moving to Canada in the coming months.
Without bothering you much, my simple question is if the following that I've copied from one of your earlier replies is fully vaild and needs to be done?

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]

Also since we're are a family of 4, I need to carry a minimum of $20,654 as per latest CIC guidelines.
So apart from carrying min. funds in Canadian Dollar, may I carry rest of all in US$?

thanks in advance
:)

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
As I was going through PRC Application [IMM5444E], I got my doubts if the information on Immigration History, Personal History (Address and Work) & Travel History etc. is also required even if one is applying PRC for the 1st time??

Can these applications can be filled afresh at the Airport or it's better to come along with filled forms for whole family?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mr_rana said:
Dear Qorax,
I got much help and solace to keep a hold on my nerves and finally yesterday, my status turned DM and I expect to collect my PP soon.
So my sincere thanks also get's added to million of thanks you've collected so far being a great guild for seekers.

I'm now on the next leap to prepare for my moving to Canada in the coming months.
Without bothering you much, my simple question is if the following that I've copied from one of your earlier replies is fully vaild and needs to be done?

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease <-- NOT REQUIRED
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]

Also since we're are a family of 4, I need to carry a minimum of $20,654 as per latest CIC guidelines.
So apart from carrying min. funds in Canadian Dollar, may I carry rest of all in US$?

thanks in advance
:)
Hi,
Thanx & appreciated.

a) Except PR cards Application Form - rest all r pretty much still valid.
b) USDs r fully acceptable as POF for settlement.

All the best.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mr_rana said:
As I was going through PRC Application [IMM5444E], I got my doubts if the information on Immigration History, Personal History (Address and Work) & Travel History etc. is also required even if one is applying PRC for the 1st time??

Can these applications can be filled afresh at the Airport or it's better to come along with filled forms for whole family?
NOT REQUIRED.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Thanks...!
So when and where is this PRC work done?

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
qorax said:
NOT REQUIRED.
Dear Captain

I am landing in Calgary on Jun 2013. Pleas tell me if there any special photograph required for the PR card, do I bring it with me. Can I give my friend home address for the PR card.