+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
31-10-2012 / Sent on 18-11-2012 / LVO received 20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
Mikey76 said:
Thanks everyone for the support over the past couple of months.

I completed my landing at Lewiston Queenston bridge and wanted to share my experience.

I started from Toronto at around 2:30 PM and reached around Niagara at 4 PM. There we took a small break in between and then headed to Route 405 towards Lewiston Queenston Bridge. It took around 20 mins to reach to the crossing. Officer asked me the reason for the visit and I told that we are here for completing the landing formalities. He took our passports and directed us to park my car and see the immigration officer inside the building. He did handover a white receipt that contained just my car license plate and total number of passengers.

we parked our car (another office pointed us where to park) and then went inside the immigration office. We were told to be seated and will be called soon. There were many people ahead of us. In another 45 mins, my name was called and officer asked me the reason for my visit. I told him the same thing, that we are here to complete the landing formalities and not to cross the border to USA. He took another 10 mins, printed a paper containing our names that we have been Denied entry into USA and the reason being 'flagpole'. I asked, whether this is going to impact my future USA visa stamping. He said, that this is a formality that is imposed by the Canadian government and it should not have any impact, but he cannot confirm. He asked me to bring my car from the parking spot, verified the license plate and handed over the paper as well as passports. The total time at the US border was around 1 hour.

we went to Tim Horton, took some snacks/coffee and then started for Canada Border. There was a huge queue in front of us and it took another 45 mins just to reach the Canadian post. Officer verified the documents, issued a yellow slip and asked us to park our car under the canopy on the right and see the immigration office. once we were inside, there were very few people. I handed all my documents to the officer, he just asked few background questions like, from where I was coming and my address, asked for my drivers license to verify the address. He took another 20 mins to complete the documents asked us to sign it, kept the original, congratulated and gave carbon copy for COPR to us.

After collecting the COPR and passport, we started again, there is a toll of $3.15 or so to cross the gate and we were on route to our home.

Thanks again,
Mikey
Hi, did u require a US visit visa to complete this process?

Thanks for ur reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SamySam said:
Hi, did u require a US visit visa to complete this process?

Thanks for ur reply.
That process is called 'flag-polling'... and for it u don't require a visa of the US.

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
Just make sure to ask for an "administrative rejection" at U.S. border to ensure future entry to U.S. is not impacted.

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
qorax said:
That process is called 'flag-polling'... and for it u don't require a visa of the US.

Thanks for ur input. Do u recommend this process for someone in Toronto already ( on a student visa) or its better to fly out to another country & then re-enter for 'landing'?

Kindly advise.

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
zajirima said:
Just make sure to ask for an "administrative rejection" at U.S. border to ensure future entry to U.S. is not impacted.
Thank you for ur advise.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
qorax said:
Compliments of the season Captain and welcome to 2013. May D new year bring much blessings to you and yours in Jesus name amen.

Tinu

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Compliments of the season Captain and welcome to 2013. May D new year bring much blessings to you and yours in Jesus name amen.

Tinu
Happy New Year 2 u 2 my friend!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SamySam said:
Thanks for ur input. Do u recommend this process for someone in Toronto already ( on a student visa) or its better to fly out to another country & then re-enter for 'landing'?

Kindly advise.
It's the same... both gets u to 'land'. Flag-polling may be resorted to when we do not intend to fly out, vis-a-vis it's costs, time & efforts.

Happy New Year!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
Hello members,

What jobs can a RN or LPN have while waiting for registration. I have heard that it could take up to 2 years to wait for registration to complete.

Thank you,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
iblessed said:
Hello members,

What jobs can a RN or LPN have while waiting for registration. I have heard that it could take up to 2 years to wait for registration to complete.

Thank you,
Clinic admin... receptionist/record keeper.

Happy New Year!

neesha

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 24th Sept
qorax said:
Clinic admin... receptionist/record keeper.

Happy New Year!
hello qorax,, happy new year,

i m in toronto ,, landed on 28th oct 2012,, after 1 month,, in january i am planning to move edmonton Alberta , so can u give ur opinion about this city, about job opportunity, career growth, living cost etc,,,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
neesha said:
hello qorax,, happy new year,

i m in toronto ,, landed on 28th oct 2012,, after 1 month,, in january i am planning to move edmonton Alberta , so can u give ur opinion about this city, about job opportunity, career growth, living cost etc,,,
Small place compared to Toronto... u might have a cultural shock... otherwise a nice city... tad colder though. Best if u already fetched a job there (which isn't that difficult to grab).

Happy New Year 2 U 2!

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
qorax said:
It's the same... both gets u to 'land'. Flag-polling may be resorted to when we do not intend to fly out, vis-a-vis it's costs, time & efforts.

Happy New Year!
A very happy new year to u too & thank you for ur helpful advise. God Bless!