+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011
Moving from abu dhabi to calgary-Need advice for cheap cargo shipment.URGENT

Dear senior members (qorax) and others

I am leaving permenantly to calgary from abu dhabi on APPROX. betweb jan 15-20,2013. I am currently in abudhabi and holding PR cards.

I am just shipping normal stuff like old books, clothes, baby car seat, stroller etc......normal daily use stuff.

could some body please tell me which cargo shipment co is best for calgary from abu dhabi or say dubai.

Thanks

Minnesota

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
A88 said:
Dear Qorax & All,

I am planing to give landing in Toronto on 5th Jan, 2013. Because I have to attend the marriage ceremony of my brother. My final destination is Calgary. I will stay in Toronto for a week.
Please guide me.

1- Is it OK to give the address for PR card of Calgary, while giving landing in Toronto?
2- Where should I apply for SIN card, Toronto or Calgary?
3- Is it OK to fly from Toronto to Calgary without PRCs & SIN?
4- My plan is to get the wind Mobile's connection, should I buy it from Toronto or Calgary? Will buying from Toronto will cause roaming in Calgary?
5- Which is the best way to travel from Toronto to Calgary? Air, Bus or Train.

Thanks & Best Regards,
ATA

SIR Qorax, you are really an Encyclopaedia. Thanks for helping us
Replied elsewhere.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Moving from abu dhabi to calgary-Need advice for cheap cargo shipment.URGENT

Minnesota said:
Dear senior members (qorax) and others

I am leaving permenantly to calgary from abu dhabi on APPROX. betweb jan 15-20,2013. I am currently in abudhabi and holding PR cards.

I am just shipping normal stuff like old books, clothes, baby car seat, stroller etc......normal daily use stuff.

could some body please tell me which cargo shipment co is best for calgary from abu dhabi or say dubai.

Thanks

Minnesota
1. Check with Biju... he knows a Canadian who runs a shipping co. in Dubai. Their rates & services is pretty good... many have used them.
2. Except for the books, I'd avoid shipping the rest... they r available dime-a-dozen here. It'd be a waste of time, effort & money, IMHO.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Moving from abu dhabi to calgary-Need advice for cheap cargo shipment.URGENT

Minnesota said:
baby car seat
Canada has its own standard of baby car seat. Be sure to check if it is compatible before you ship!

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011

Thanks Qorax and steaky for your advice
One question Qorax regarding you have asked me to check with BIJU........is it a cargo service provider in dubai or you are providing a reference of a person??? in either case do you have specific contact details you can provide.
reply sooner
Minnesota

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Minnesota said:
Thanks Qorax and steaky for your advice
One question Qorax regarding you have asked me to check with BIJU........is it a cargo service provider in dubai or you are providing a reference of a person??? in either case do you have specific contact details you can provide.
reply sooner
Minnesota
Perhaps you can PM other members (such as Aquib and Amkiety) who are living in Calgary if they know any cargo service provider who handles shipment between Calgary and Dubai? I think qorax lives in GTA.

Nick Manickam

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
A88 said:
Dear Qorax & All,

I am planing to give landing in Toronto on 5th Jan, 2013. Because I have to attend the marriage ceremony of my brother. My final destination is Calgary. I will stay in Toronto for a week.
Please guide me.

1- Is it OK to give the address for PR card of Calgary, while giving landing in Toronto?
2- Where should I apply for SIN card, Toronto or Calgary?
3- Is it OK to fly from Toronto to Calgary without PRCs & SIN?
4- My plan is to get the wind Mobile's connection, should I buy it from Toronto or Calgary? Will buying from Toronto will cause roaming in Calgary?
5- Which is the best way to travel from Toronto to Calgary? Air, Bus or Train.

Thanks & Best Regards,
ATA

SIR Qorax, you are really an Encyclopaedia. Thanks for helping us
1. Yes, definitely give the calgary address for your PR card at the airport.
2. Apply for your SIN card in calgary. Though it not going to matter much, but its not a hassle job. Just a 10 minute work.
3. Keep you COPR with your passport always as you are going to need it at all times. Make sure you carry you valid documents with you for sometime until your set. Yes you can fly.
4. Wind mobile has some areas as roaming. So its better to check once your here and then buy accordingly.
5. Air is the best way to get there.

Hope its helpful.

Kind Regards,
Nick

midoo

Star Member
Sep 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-august-2010
Doc's Request.
`
AOR Received.
28-april-2011
File Transfer...
21-5-2011 /in process:16-11-2011
Med's Request
23-1-2012 -medical sent 2-march-2012
Med's Done....
medical received line added 6-may-2012
Passport Req..
23-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
5-july-2012
hi qurax ,
i will land after two weeks ,could i take american (USD)dollars instead of canadian dollars and if it is accepted at airport as pof of fund or not ?
thanks

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
midoo said:
hi qurax ,
i will land after two weeks ,could i take american (USD)dollars instead of canadian dollars and if it is accepted at airport as pof of fund or not ?
thanks
Dear Midoo,
You're allowed to take (USD) dollars as POF.
Goodluck!

Mikey76

Star Member
Nov 10, 2010
Thanks everyone for the support over the past couple of months.

I completed my landing at Lewiston Queenston bridge and wanted to share my experience.

I started from Toronto at around 2:30 PM and reached around Niagara at 4 PM. There we took a small break in between and then headed to Route 405 towards Lewiston Queenston Bridge. It took around 20 mins to reach to the crossing. Officer asked me the reason for the visit and I told that we are here for completing the landing formalities. He took our passports and directed us to park my car and see the immigration officer inside the building. He did handover a white receipt that contained just my car license plate and total number of passengers.

we parked our car (another office pointed us where to park) and then went inside the immigration office. We were told to be seated and will be called soon. There were many people ahead of us. In another 45 mins, my name was called and officer asked me the reason for my visit. I told him the same thing, that we are here to complete the landing formalities and not to cross the border to USA. He took another 10 mins, printed a paper containing our names that we have been Denied entry into USA and the reason being 'flagpole'. I asked, whether this is going to impact my future USA visa stamping. He said, that this is a formality that is imposed by the Canadian government and it should not have any impact, but he cannot confirm. He asked me to bring my car from the parking spot, verified the license plate and handed over the paper as well as passports. The total time at the US border was around 1 hour.

we went to Tim Horton, took some snacks/coffee and then started for Canada Border. There was a huge queue in front of us and it took another 45 mins just to reach the Canadian post. Officer verified the documents, issued a yellow slip and asked us to park our car under the canopy on the right and see the immigration office. once we were inside, there were very few people. I handed all my documents to the officer, he just asked few background questions like, from where I was coming and my address, asked for my drivers license to verify the address. He took another 20 mins to complete the documents asked us to sign it, kept the original, congratulated and gave carbon copy for COPR to us.

After collecting the COPR and passport, we started again, there is a toll of $3.15 or so to cross the gate and we were on route to our home.

Thanks again,
Mikey

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
Congrats and thanks for sharing. Hopefully what they processed at U.S. border was an "administrative rejection". That would not have any future impact on entry to U.S. Some people ask for that form to be processed by name to ensue no confusion.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
Hi guys

I got my Passport back with Visa n COPR, for myself n family

It jus came in the evening........no call, nothing

M so glad..............stamp date is 10th Dec

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
pooja82 said:
Hi guys

I got my Passport back with Visa n COPR, for myself n family

It jus came in the evening........no call, nothing

M so glad..............stamp date is 10th Dec

so happyyyyyy

Thank you all

warm regards

P
That is a very good news on a Christmas Day morning. Congratulations to you and family. May you have a successful life in Canada too.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
ASK said:
That is a very good news on a Christmas Day morning. Congratulations to you and family. May you have a successful life in Canada too.
Thanks ASK

SamySam

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
31-10-2012 / Sent on 18-11-2012 / LVO received 20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
21-01-2013
Hi Mikey,

Congrats on ur landing? Did u require a USA visit visa to complete your landing formality thru Niagra bridge?

Thanks