+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
Dear members,
I see some posts about refusing PRC application when landing if short stay planned, any one have knowledge, how long is regarded as short stay, I'm planning for landing to buy tickets(round) and stay in Toronto for 28-32 days, is this a good period?

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Wezza said:
Dear Qorax,

Can you please help on what to write on the diembarkation card for our period to stay and what to tell the IO if we are only staying for a while so that they accept organizing our PRCs since if we tell them of the short stay period they'll refuse, so what to write on the diembarkation card & what to say to the IO? Please help & advise as we want to be well prepared.

Thank you very much

Dear Qorax,

Can you please reply to the above, or anyone with knowledge of what & how to write & say? I'm not quite good at lying & I don't want any complications with the processing of our PR cards. PLEASE HELP

Many thanks to all who can help.

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Wezza said:
Dear Qorax,

Can you please reply to the above, or anyone with knowledge of what & how to write & say? I'm not quite good at lying & I don't want any complications with the processing of our PR cards. PLEASE HELP

Many thanks to all who can help.
Nobody is gonno ask u that how many days will you stay in Canada...

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dear Dubaiite,

Thank you very much for answering but alot of pple have mentioned that they were asked (which seems to happen all the time) about how long they were to stay & when they answered (indicating a short period of stay) the officers either refused to proceed with the PR card or just didn't do it, I don't really want to go through that unprepared and then have complications afterwards and &'m not good at hiding or lying or just not telling the true thing, so I really need to know (& be prepared) what should I write in the diembarkation card for the period of stay, shall I write " landing or definitively or leave it blank or what & what to answer if I'm asked by the officer, will they need to verify with the tickets?

Thank you very much, God bless all those who help

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Wezza said:
Dear Dubaiite,

Thank you very much for answering but alot of pple have mentioned that they were asked (which seems to happen all the time) about how long they were to stay & when they answered (indicating a short period of stay) the officers either refused to proceed with the PR card or just didn't do it, I don't really want to go through that unprepared and then have complications afterwards and &'m not good at hiding or lying or just not telling the true thing, so I really need to know (& be prepared) what should I write in the diembarkation card for the period of stay, shall I write " landing or definitively or leave it blank or what & what to answer if I'm asked by the officer, will they need to verify with the tickets?

Thank you very much, God bless all those who help
On your disembarkation card you can leave blank the space provided for leaving the country.... If asked you can say not decided yet .....

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
Dear Dubaiite,

Thanks a lot for your sincere care to answer and for your reply. I have a question though, have you landed already or not yet?
God bless

abdbassam

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
AOR Received.
15/07/2010
Med's Request
Oct-09-2012
Med's Done....
Nov-10-2012 re-medical Jun 6 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
PPR1 LVO Jun 23 PPR2 Abu Dhabi Jul 14 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received on Jul 29th dated on Jul 7th
LANDED..........
planned on 18th Aug
Hello,

What is the guide to do EQUATIONS AND EQUIVALENCES OF ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
abdbassam said:
Hello,

What is the guide to do EQUATIONS AND EQUIVALENCES OF ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES.
Hello Abdbassam,

Did you mean assessment of your certificates? Have you gone through the following website yet?

http://www.credentials.gc.ca/

Hope it helps.

lukektm

Nov 13, 2012
hello everybody. i am Mr.Luke from India. I got the PR visa for my family. ( wife & 2 children). the visa will expire on december 10, 2012 . i am planning to travel to canada alone now on december 2, 2012. i want to know if i can take my family ( wife and 2 children) after 2 years when i settle in canada. can i sponsor them later again.
can someone please help me with the query.

also is there a possibility of extending the validity of my and my family members PR visa by a time period of one more year. i am ready to do the medical check up once more.

and how many days stay is required to complete the necessary formalities like applying for SIN, bank account , health insurance , child benefit etc.

with warm regards,
luke

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lukektm said:
hello everybody. i am Mr.Luke from India. I got the PR visa for my family. ( wife & 2 children). the visa will expire on december 10, 2012 . i am planning to travel to canada alone now on december 2, 2012. i want to know if i can take my family ( wife and 2 children) after 2 years when i settle in canada. can i sponsor them later again.
can someone please help me with the query.

also is there a possibility of extending the validity of my and my family members PR visa by a time period of one more year. i am ready to do the medical check up once more.

and how many days stay is required to complete the necessary formalities like applying for SIN, bank account , health insurance , child benefit etc.
Hi Mr. Luke.

If your family doesn't land, their PR visas will expire and you can not extend them but if you landed in time to get your own PR, you can sponsor them again. You would however have to be living in Canada to do that so after 2 years when you are ready to move, you must move alone and then apply to sponsor your family after you have arrived. You can expect the sponsorship process to take several months at least before they can join you.

On this trip in December, you can apply for your SIN and you can open a bank account. You get the SIN immediately and the SIN card will be mailed to the address you give them in about 2 weeks. The bank account can be opened in one day. The PR card can take 2-3 months but if you have a secure address to have it mailed to, the person who is taking delivery of it for you can mail it to you in India.

You are not eligible for health care because you are not staying. In order to be eligible for health care in any province, you must live there for at least 6 months a year. You are not eligible for child tax benefit until you and your children are residing in Canada as well.

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
There are too many acronyms used in the original post for newbie's to understand. There is a list of immigration acronyms on this forum which newbie's should reference. Here is the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t3007.0.html

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
Not sure if already mentioned but CPP now has another meaning in addition to Canada Pension Plan. CPP-O on this forum is the Case Processing Pilot office – Ottawa (CPP-O).

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi to all Seniors,

Me and my wife will be landing on January of next year and plan to stay there only for 2 weeks. I have some few questions, I hope you guys could help me out.

1. Regarding the goods that we bring, I know that we should be declaring those both that are to be brought during the landing and the ones that are to follow. I plan to buy some jewelry before I leave UAE for good (which is on November next year), is it possible to declare it prospectiveky, if yes, how. I mean, the photos and all.

2. I know january will be one of the coldest month, we plan to buy few winter clothes from here in UAE is it advisable to buy from here or is it cheaper if we buy in Canada? I mean, we can buy a few sets here then buy the others there if its cheaper (sorry but Im just being frugal! :p :p :p)

3. Regarding the POF, I am having a citibank account do i need to convert it to a dollar account or its alright to keep it in UAE dirhams and just ask for a bank statement indicating its equivalence in Canadian Dollars? Furthermore, is a bank statement a good form of POF, of course Ill be carrying some cash. I mean should I rely on bank statement or better to bring a demand draft instead?

4. I have been invited to attend a CIIP seminar, what's it all about? (sorry for the ignorance) Will I benefit from it? should we go and attend? Is it compusary.

Im sorry for flooding you with questions some maybe silly but will really appreciate it if you'll give me your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance! :D :D :D
HI dear
who has invited you to CIIP seminar
rgds

abdbassam

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......