+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
cjlaila said:

Hello all,

I wan to share our story in landing experiences.

We landed last Oct. 30,2012 in Toronto fom Abu dhabi and it was during hurricane Sandy that hit U.S and so our flight was so scary, like literally we felt our plane almost had a crash landing.
Anyhow, we survived it and I was so glad when the plane touched ground.
So, back to the landing... We were given a declaration form just before we land and we were told to write the number of days that we intend to stay in Canada.
As first time landing immigrants, i was so nervous because I have heard a lot of stories that they will not approve your PR processing if you are not planning to stay for long time. But still, i wrote 15 days as planned.

We were also told to prepare the passport because just right after we step putside the plane 4 officers were waiting and asking for visa and passport.

Then, we were told to proceed to passport checks and it was a long line..like a maze...so after an officer checked our pp.. We went to a room right after pp control. There was a word written "IMMIGRATION" so we went inside and we saw cubicles of officers and no one asked us why we were there, so i went to ask an officer and she told me to go further inside. Next room was lot of chairs in the middle and we were called by an officer ( with no smile) . I told him we are newly landed immigrants and he answered " not yet" ..
Then he asked me the COPR AND PP , then he asked what is my work and my husband. Then asked how much money we have..but he did not tell us to show it. After, he asked if we have kids..and we don' t have ..i answered.
So, i saw him signing my paper and asked where is my address in Canada. I gave him the copy of our agency address. Then , he asked us to sign the paper
Finally, he said , the PR card will be mailed to the addssgiven aft 4-6 wks.... And I wask so reliefed:)

Then , just before goung outside, where you will give the declaration form, we were asked to follow the line 2 which leads us to checking baggage.
In short, the officer just took copy of the pictures of the jewelry and printed a form and asked us to sign on it. The rest of the baggage were not opened.
Then off our way to Canada land.
Now, we are still in our arranged accomdation and learning new things...money...customs.. Weighing and thinking.
We will leave Canada on Nov. 14 and hope to come back aft a year...
So till next story.
I ant to thank Canada forum..i have learned lot of things here.

Remember Lai, i am the one who informed you about this forum hehehee, glad your in Canada now. We are done with the medicals and about to send the last of the remaining documents that the VO asked, my UAE PCC after a tough hurdle we got it now. I just wish that we beat the deadline.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
501 said:
Remember Lai, i am the one who informed you about this forum hehehee, glad your in Canada now. We are done with the medicals and about to send the last of the remaining documents that the VO asked, my UAE PCC after a tough hurdle we got it now. I just wish that we beat the deadline.
Congrats 501, you finally managed to get your UAE PCC without going there...Good luck for the rest of the process.

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
ECAS Status: DECISION MADE w/ Canadian Address
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Hi guys, we will be landing on January 2013. Is it necessary to take the CIIP seminar?

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
ASK said:
Congrats 501, you finally managed to get your UAE PCC without going there...Good luck for the rest of the process.
Yes I finally received my UAE PCC from my friend in the UAE, Thanks to them and to ALI, a total stranger to me but in spite of that he'd done a great help...tnx ASK too.

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
hi everyone. i would like to join this thread, if i may.
i would like to ask anyone with experience, if there is minimum amount of money to bring into Canada upon landing? Am i required to bring the same amount that i declared when i applied for PNP? reply is highly appreciated. thank u so much :D

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
The minimum amount you have to bring is as mentioned on CIC web site based on the number of persons, it may differ from the amount you entered in your initial application

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humsafar said:
The minimum amount you have to bring is as mentioned on CIC web site based on the number of persons, it may differ from the amount you entered in your initial application
To Qorax !!

Does the above post hold right? In my initial application back in 2010, I had declared my fund including the appraisal value of my house (with a mind to sell it after visa issuance). But as of now, I'm thinking of not selling my house (as plan B). Therefore, the POF I will show to the immigration officer at the POE next year will be much less than the amount declared in my application documents. Will that cause me any kind of trouble at landing?

(Of course, my POF is quite far above the minimum amount requested in CIC website).

Best to all !!

irfan74

Mar 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one

Dear qorax

I landed on 7th November. Every thing went well. But they didn't ask about my fund. They ask me about Goods to follow but I said I will bring just cloth n money, I didn't give them any list. They didn't ask me further. Whether Can I give them now my list of goods to follow. They didn't write any amount in my COPR. I just want to ask that whether there would be any problem.

Regards

Irfan

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
Dear members,
Due to the cold I decided to do my landing alone, stay in Toronto for 30-40 days, and return with my wife and 3 children(7,5 and 4 years old) next year in May or June 2013 as our visas valid to 02.June.2013; just few questions:
- your opinion about this landing?
- Do I need to bring a preprinted PRC app. form to the airport? any thing else is required other than my pp with visa and COPR?
- How can I apply for my health ins.card? Am I eligible just when re-entered in May/2013?
- How much funds required to declare when I landed alone? my master card holds about 1000$, is it accepted?
- Any thing can be done or arranged for my family?
- Any thing else you think important? you're highly appreciated.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
D.Osman said:
Dear members,
Due to the cold I decided to do my landing alone, stay in Toronto for 30-40 days, and return with my wife and 3 children(7,5 and 4 years old) next year in May or June 2013 as our visas valid to 02.June.2013; just few questions:
- your opinion about this landing?
- Do I need to bring a preprinted PRC app. form to the airport? any thing else is required other than my pp with visa and COPR?
- How can I apply for my health ins.card? Am I eligible just when re-entered in May/2013?
- How much funds required to declare when I landed alone? my master card holds about 1000$, is it accepted?
- Any thing can be done or arranged for my family?
- Any thing else you think important? you're highly appreciated.
1) All you need to know about landing is on the 1st page of this thread
2) Why do you need to do landing alone when you and family can do it together before 2 June 2013?
3) You would have to show the amount of money for the whole family even if you land alone
4) If you and family settle in provinces such as Alberta, you and family would be immediately get coverage for health care. Other provinces, you would have to wait for 3 months in order to be eligible. Google the relevant health department for each provinces for more info.
5) You can always arrange housing/bank accounts for the family even you and family are living outside Canada
6) No need to print the PR card application form. You would give the address to the Immigration Officer at POE anyways.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
steaky said:
1) All you need to know about landing is on the 1st page of this thread
2) Why do you need to do landing alone when you and family can do it together before 2 June 2013?
3) You would have to show the amount of money for the whole family even if you land alone
4) If you and family settle in provinces such as Alberta, you and family would be immediately get coverage for health care. Other provinces, you would have to wait for 3 months in order to be eligible. Google the relevant health department for each provinces for more info.
5) You can always arrange housing/bank accounts for the family even you and family are living outside Canada
6) No need to print the PR card application form. You would give the address to the Immigration Officer at POE anyways.
Dear steaky,
thanks for ur answers, my friends who are living in Toronto, most of them were against landing with my kids in this cold season and I afraid my kids and wife become unhappy for their new life if moved from a stable life in a semicold region to a very cold large country searching for settelment, while after April our country's temp. rises from 35 C to up to 50 C in July and august; one of them said it's misjudge, other said not recommended,.... but one said it's a good time for them to enjoy the new year's ceremony. anyhow if I landed I can decide even to call my family when I'm there.
I read the OHIP on ON ministry of health website I got surprised, it is written: To be eligible you must(•be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and •be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province;) so this means exactly 5 months?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
D.Osman said:
I read the OHIP on ON ministry of health website I got surprised, it is written: To be eligible you must(•be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and •be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province;) so this means exactly 5 months?
Yes, you must be present for 5 out of the first 6 months so you can not apply for it if you land in January. You and your family can apply when they land in May or June but you must all stay then for at least 5 months out of the first 6. There is a 3 month waiting period to get health care in ON so you should all have travel insurance to cover you for the first 3 months.

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
dear qorax as you have provided all detail on first page but i ve a question
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record that wher i ll get these forms COPR <PR CARD APPLICATION ,..form B4 etc
plz do tell what is COPR i ve read it many times on forum but dont know plz dont laugh :-[

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
one thing more ABOUT JEWELERY LIST ..should we take pics with digital camera and than scan it . any idea . and cash to follow .can we bring photocopies of property so after selling we can bring money . plz do answer .its URGENT ::)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
affectee2004 said:
one thing more ABOUT JEWELERY LIST ..should we take pics with digital camera and than scan it . any idea . and cash to follow .can we bring photocopies of property so after selling we can bring money . plz do answer .its URGENT ::)
Yes, I took pics with digital camera and saved them in my smartphone. You will declare your cash (to follow) and properties outside Canada in your first income tax return. You don't declare the cash to follow and properties at the Port of Entry. Just show the cash and/or money instruments (such as demand draft) you are bringing as POF. At the POE, declare any cash you bringing in excess of $10,000.

COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence = landing visa