+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
ECAS Status: DECISION MADE w/ Canadian Address
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
Hi to all Seniors,

Me and my wife will be landing on January of next year and plan to stay there only for 2 weeks. I have some few questions, I hope you guys could help me out.

1. Regarding the goods that we bring, I know that we should be declaring those both that are to be brought during the landing and the ones that are to follow. I plan to buy some jewelry before I leave UAE for good (which is on November next year), is it possible to declare it prospectiveky, if yes, how. I mean, the photos and all.

2. I know january will be one of the coldest month, we plan to buy few winter clothes from here in UAE is it advisable to buy from here or is it cheaper if we buy in Canada? I mean, we can buy a few sets here then buy the others there if its cheaper (sorry but Im just being frugal! :p :p :p)

3. Regarding the POF, I am having a citibank account do i need to convert it to a dollar account or its alright to keep it in UAE dirhams and just ask for a bank statement indicating its equivalence in Canadian Dollars? Furthermore, is a bank statement a good form of POF, of course Ill be carrying some cash. I mean should I rely on bank statement or better to bring a demand draft instead?

4. I have been invited to attend a CIIP seminar, what's it all about? (sorry for the ignorance) Will I benefit from it? should we go and attend? Is it compusary.

Im sorry for flooding you with questions some maybe silly but will really appreciate it if you'll give me your feedbacks.

Thanks in advance! :D :D :D

alzubaidy

Aug 15, 2012
rylai crestfall said:
hi everyone. i would like to join this thread, if i may.
i would like to ask anyone with experience, if there is minimum amount of money to bring into Canada upon landing? Am i required to bring the same amount that i declared when i applied for PNP? reply is highly appreciated. thank u so much :D
hi bro.
can i know when LVO received your passport and when DM shown in your e-cas and how long after DM shown in your e-cas and after LVO received your passport you get them back ? and through which currier ?

affectee2004

Star Member
May 6, 2012
thanks steaky , but do we have to pay income tax on the money and property from back home on which we already have paid taxes in home country :eek: :eek: tax should be on the income which we earn there isnt it ? ::)

Ghani2004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2011
SURAT,GUJARAT,INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
PER ON 31/05/11, 2nd AOR ON 16/08/2011
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
RBVO-08/07/2011
Med's Request
PPR/MR/RPRF, IN PROCESS on 12/12/11,
Med's Done....
31/12/11
Interview........
waiwed
Passport Req..
12/12/11, received by NDVO on 09/01/12
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on 31/01/12, valid till 22/12/12
LANDED..........
4TH DEC 12
affectee2004 said:
dear qorax as you have provided all detail on first page but i ve a question
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record that wher i ll get these forms COPR <PR CARD APPLICATION ,..form B4 etc
plz do tell what is COPR i ve read it many times on forum but dont know plz dont laugh :-[
COPR IS SHORT FORM OF CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT REDICENCE

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
alzubaidy said:
hi bro.
can i know when LVO received your passport and when DM shown in your e-cas and how long after DM shown in your e-cas and after LVO received your passport you get them back ? and through which currier ?
my VO is in Manila. my case was a bit different from the regular process. PP rec. in VO on Oct 5 and returned to me on Nov. 10. then a week after i received my PP with visa, my ecas changed to DM (from in process)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
affectee2004 said:
thanks steaky , but do we have to pay income tax on the money and property from back home on which we already have paid taxes in home country :eek: :eek: tax should be on the income which we earn there isnt it ? ::)
If the money back home is generating interest, you would need to report that in your Canadian tax return if you are a tax resident. Same thing for property if it is generating rental income. Some countries have tax treaties with Canada. For more info with tax treaties, I suggest you retain an accountant who knows cross border taxes between your country and Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANVINCHENG said:
Hi to all Seniors,

Me and my wife will be landing on January of next year and plan to stay there only for 2 weeks. I have some few questions, I hope you guys could help me out.
1) Yes, take photo and saved in your IPAD;
2) I bought some of my clothes in US because it's cheaper there compare to Canada.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
it is twice I see some members talking about CIIP seminars or invitation, what is this? any one can explian it.
thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
D.Osman said:
it is twice I see some members talking about CIIP seminars or invitation, what is this? any one can explian it.
thanks.
Sometimes you can "search" the forum. I found this about CIIP:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t124384.0.html

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Sometimes you can "search" the forum. I found this about CIIP:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t124384.0.html
updated more information. PLease IM me for feedback and any request for infomration to be added.

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks

sfesenko

Nov 18, 2012
Hello guys! I would appreciate your help with landing procedure!

I have received a request from the Canadian Embassy in Moscow to send them my passport. I was going to ask my wife to fly to Moscow and submit my passport to the embassy and return it to me in Canada.

Will immigration officers in Canada have questions on why my passport was travelling without me? Will I be able to "land"
in Canada or inland landing procedure is applicable for provincial nominees only? I still have valid temporary resident visa (work permit).

Thanks,
Sergey

CANVINCHENG

Dec 15, 2011
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
Doc's Request.
Filed with App
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-Dec-2011 with PER
IELTS Request
Filed with App
File Transfer...
ECAS Status: DECISION MADE w/ Canadian Address
Med's Request
12-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
29-Jul-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-Oct-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013
steaky said:
1) Yes, take photo and saved in your IPAD;
2) I bought some of my clothes in US because it's cheaper there compare to Canada.
Thanks steaky! How about my question on POF? any advice please? :)

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
CANVINCHENG said:
Thanks steaky! How about my question on POF? any advice please? :)
Hello Canvincheng,

Although I don't have any personal experiences, as per the post of many other senior forum members and other sources to which I don't have links to, it should be alright to show a letter from your current bank showing you have deposits equivalent to these many CAD without any other liability attached to it.

If possible, you should carry as much money as you can. Other options of carrying travelers cheque, demand draft draw-able in Canada, opening a Canadian account from your current country of residence, having an international bank account with a credit card which works in Canada, etc are some provisions to support your POF.

The reason they ask for POF at the time of landing is that - if you are not able to find a suitable job within the first few months of your arrival, you should still be able to sustain your self and family, if applicable. No public funds will be diverted to support you in the initial months since landing.

Also, make sure to take a travelers medical insurance plan or whatever they call it; as it might take some time to get yourself registered in the Canadian medical system. Based on the province, the queue size and conditions for enrolling in to medical facilities vary. I remember reading it somewhere, but am sorry, currently don't have a source to quote here.

You may please take a look at the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.0.html;msg265220#msg265220

Note: Some figures mentioned in the link may require an update.

Good luck and have a safe n smooth landing experience.

Hope it helps.

Wezza

Aug 2, 2012
qorax said:
1. The ticket [one way or return] is entirely @ our discretion, CIC isn't interested about it.
2. 100%*. If u do that, s/he'll not accept to organize your PR Cards & ask u to fill it later -after your 'final' move.

*No, nothing against u, but can create an unnecessary extra step, for the PRCs.

Dear Qorax,

Can you please help on what to write on the diembarkation card for our period to stay and what to tell the IO if we are only staying for a while so that they accept organizing our PRCs since if we tell them of the short stay period they'll refuse, so what to write & what to say? Please help & advise as we want to be well prepared.

Thank you very much