+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cableguy78

Apr 20, 2012
agshaheryar said:
You can club under the category "cloths"
Secondly, make sure you complete your formalities regarding PR Card for your return to Canada again.
No need to convert in Canadian Dollars. You need to show sufficient funds as applied to your number of family members.
Thank you for the information. I do appreciate it.

formalities regarding PR card means, that I need to give an address of my friend who i will be staying with in Canada, right? And for my return to canada, I intend to apply for travel authorization from the canadian consulate in NYC. They have a month waiting period. Once i get it I will be traveling to Canada in jan/feb 2013.

I had TWO DUMB QUESTIONS on the B4 forms.
1 ) The box with Importer's address...should i give that of my friend in canada who i am staying with or my current address of USA where I am coming from? I am assuming my address currently of USA.

2) I am bringing a few items with me for five days. I will import most of my furniture etc when i come back later. This means I have to print out TWO B4E forms right. the first one is the stuff i am landing with and the second one for the stuff I am bringing on a later date. Right?

Regards
Cableguy

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cableguy78 said:
Thank you for the information. I do appreciate it.

formalities regarding PR card means, that I need to give an address of my friend who i will be staying with in Canada, right? And for my return to canada, I intend to apply for travel authorization from the canadian consulate in NYC. They have a month waiting period. Once i get it I will be traveling to Canada in jan/feb 2013.

I had TWO DUMB QUESTIONS on the B4 forms.
1 ) The box with Importer's address...should i give that of my friend in canada who i am staying with or my current address of USA where I am coming from? I am assuming my address currently of USA.

2) I am bringing a few items with me for five days. I will import most of my furniture etc when i come back later. This means I have to print out TWO B4E forms right. the first one is the stuff i am landing with and the second one for the stuff I am bringing on a later date. Right?

Regards
Cableguy
It's not dumb. Fortunately you asked...here it goes:

1) You should write your address in Canada - that is your friend's address
2) Only one B4E form and attach two handwritten or typed list - one list for the goods you bring with you for the five days at landing; other for the furniture, etc. that would follow later.

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear Qorax,

You had mentioned in your first email that :

What "Not" To Take? :
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines

Question): Why not to bring in "Over the Counter Medicines" e.g.Panadol, Brufen, Panadol Syrups etc.as because of the cold weather these might be required by our family immediately.

Kindly clarify and shed some light on this.

Thanks & rgds,
New (to-be) in Canada

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Shaikhzees said:
Dear Qorax,

You had mentioned in your first email that :

What "Not" To Take? :
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines

Question): Why not to bring in "Over the Counter Medicines" e.g.Panadol, Brufen, Panadol Syrups etc.as because of the cold weather these might be required by our family immediately.

Kindly clarify and shed some light on this.

Thanks & rgds,
New (to-be) in Canada
There's nothing irregular about it... just that 'OCDs' r available everywhere here and r comparatively priced. Thus, one might not take the extra effort in bringing them in.

Qorax

argentina2

Aug 13, 2012
hi qorax, we are waiting for our pp to be back with visa since last week of june 2012. its been nearly 4 months then. we shoot a query in our vo (cem) last first week of oct that our file is in queue. and now we are surprised to received email from them again saying:

Dear (name of applicant)

As part of your preparations for going to Canada, don't forget to register for a free pre-departure orientation seminar offered by CIIP in Manila. Register now at: https://www.newcomersuccess.ca
blah blah blah....

actually we decided to attend ciip if we have visa on our hand. and until now we dont have the visa yet. our pp is still with them.

now we decided to call ciip for our schedule.

is this normal? i mean do the visa section of cem always email applicant to attend ciip? i didnt read such like this here in this forum.

does that mean that our visa is nearly to stamped?

thanks in advance

God_grace4

Oct 26, 2012
Hi Seniors,

First of all thanks a lot for your support....I got all guidance from this link to complete my landing last Friday in Toronto with family.
It was really smooth and I was out in 45 minutes completing all formalities.
I followed full advise as given by Mr. Qarax in his first mail of this link and it worked.
It is short trip and I will be flying back on tuesday. Given my relatives address for pr card,opened bank account and sin card.
Rest I will do when I plan to come back finally after a year.

I need one advise:

1. Is there any rule that I cannot be out of Canada for more than 6 months in PR stage?
As I will be moving permanently to Canada after one year only.

2. I hope I will get PR cards before that at my relatives address and I will arrange for pickup
OR I can get travel document from CIC embassy in UAE.
Am I rite?

Thanks for all help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God_grace4 said:
1. Is there any rule that I cannot be out of Canada for more than 6 months in PR stage?
As I will be moving permanently to Canada after one year only.

2. I hope I will get PR cards before that at my relatives address and I will arrange for pickup
OR I can get travel document from CIC embassy in UAE.
Am I rite?
1. No such rule since 2002. You only need to be in Canada 730 days every 5 yrs.

2. If you didn't get your PR cards by the time you want to return, you can apply for a travel document at the embassy in UAE. It might take 4-6 weeks to process a travel document, varies between embassies so you should apply in good time before you want to go. They are usually valid for 6 months.

MMSMandy

Aug 25, 2011
Hello QUORAX,
Thanks for the detailed info about landing. I wanted to know about the following:

We are landing at Vancouver on 1st November'12. We want to do a short landing i.e. we will be staying in Canada for 17 days. What do I have to state at the Airport to the CBSA officers / CIC officers?

I also have one more doubt that the form B4 (to be given to CBSA officers) has a column asking about the goods brought in Canada:

" I hereby declare that I have read and qualify for the provisions of tariff item
No. 9807.00.00 and that:
I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a
permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in
Canada on __________________ ."

What do I have to fill in this form when I am leaving Canada after 17 days and will return back after 6-7 months.
MMSMandy

aravi

Jan 21, 2012
dear forum members, recently i received my workpermit approved upto 2013/dec and W1 placed in my passport,cic documents says i have to enter before jan 15/2013,my question is about landing formalities,what are the documents i have to submit upon arrival,is workpermit and temporary visa to issued at the airport,is there any fee i have to pay(closed workpermit,Joboffer,valid LMO)please help me,i am planing to myve on nov 3rd week,thanks aravi kumar

another_applicant

Aug 28, 2012
Subject: leaving Canada and returning before landing

Hi Everyone,

I am in Canada now, and I got a PPR and sent my PP to Detroit to stamp the PR visa. I have two questions:
1) what happens to my Canada TRV that is still valid in my passport? do they cancel it once they issue the PR visa?
2) if I decided that I don't want to land right away, can I still exit Canada and enter again using only my TRV (no landing now)? I need to do this couple of times because I am travelling short trips outside Canada, and there will be no enough time to wait for the PR card or to apply for travel documents.

Any thoughts are highly appreciated!

Thanks!

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012

Hello all,

I wan to share our story in landing experiences.

We landed last Oct. 30,2012 in Toronto fom Abu dhabi and it was during hurricane Sandy that hit U.S and so our flight was so scary, like literally we felt our plane almost had a crash landing.
Anyhow, we survived it and I was so glad when the plane touched ground.
So, back to the landing... We were given a declaration form just before we land and we were told to write the number of days that we intend to stay in Canada.
As first time landing immigrants, i was so nervous because I have heard a lot of stories that they will not approve your PR processing if you are not planning to stay for long time. But still, i wrote 15 days as planned.

We were also told to prepare the passport because just right after we step putside the plane 4 officers were waiting and asking for visa and passport.

Then, we were told to proceed to passport checks and it was a long line..like a maze...so after an officer checked our pp.. We went to a room right after pp control. There was a word written "IMMIGRATION" so we went inside and we saw cubicles of officers and no one asked us why we were there, so i went to ask an officer and she told me to go further inside. Next room was lot of chairs in the middle and we were called by an officer ( with no smile) . I told him we are newly landed immigrants and he answered " not yet" ..
Then he asked me the COPR AND PP , then he asked what is my work and my husband. Then asked how much money we have..but he did not tell us to show it. After, he asked if we have kids..and we don' t have ..i answered.
So, i saw him signing my paper and asked where is my address in Canada. I gave him the copy of our agency address. Then , he asked us to sign the paper
Finally, he said , the PR card will be mailed to the addssgiven aft 4-6 wks.... And I wask so reliefed:)

Then , just before goung outside, where you will give the declaration form, we were asked to follow the line 2 which leads us to checking baggage.
In short, the officer just took copy of the pictures of the jewelry and printed a form and asked us to sign on it. The rest of the baggage were not opened.
Then off our way to Canada land.
Now, we are still in our arranged accomdation and learning new things...money...customs.. Weighing and thinking.
We will leave Canada on Nov. 14 and hope to come back aft a year...
So till next story.
I ant to thank Canada forum..i have learned lot of things here.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cjlaila said:

Hello all,

I wan to share our story in landing experiences.

We landed last Oct. 30,2012 in Toronto fom Abu dhabi and it was during hurricane Sandy that hit U.S and so our flight was so scary, like literally we felt our plane almost had a crash landing.
Anyhow, we survived it and I was so glad when the plane touched ground.
So, back to the landing... We were given a declaration form just before we land and we were told to write the number of days that we intend to stay in Canada.
As first time landing immigrants, i was so nervous because I have heard a lot of stories that they will not approve your PR processing if you are not planning to stay for long time. But still, i wrote 15 days as planned.

We were also told to prepare the passport because just right after we step putside the plane 4 officers were waiting and asking for visa and passport.

Then, we were told to proceed to passport checks and it was a long line..like a maze...so after an officer checked our pp.. We went to a room right after pp control. There was a word written "IMMIGRATION" so we went inside and we saw cubicles of officers and no one asked us why we were there, so i went to ask an officer and she told me to go further inside. Next room was lot of chairs in the middle and we were called by an officer ( with no smile) . I told him we are newly landed immigrants and he answered " not yet" ..
Then he asked me the COPR AND PP , then he asked what is my work and my husband. Then asked how much money we have..but he did not tell us to show it. After, he asked if we have kids..and we don' t have ..i answered.
So, i saw him signing my paper and asked where is my address in Canada. I gave him the copy of our agency address. Then , he asked us to sign the paper
Finally, he said , the PR card will be mailed to the addssgiven aft 4-6 wks.... And I wask so reliefed:)

Then , just before goung outside, where you will give the declaration form, we were asked to follow the line 2 which leads us to checking baggage.
In short, the officer just took copy of the pictures of the jewelry and printed a form and asked us to sign on it. The rest of the baggage were not opened.
Then off our way to Canada land.
Now, we are still in our arranged accomdation and learning new things...money...customs.. Weighing and thinking.
We will leave Canada on Nov. 14 and hope to come back aft a year...
So till next story.
I ant to thank Canada forum..i have learned lot of things here.
Welcome to Canada !

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
qorax said:
Welcome to Canada !
[/quote

Captain,
I sent you a pm on Saturday please can you read annd get back to me?

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
News Release — Canada welcomes largest number of parents and grandparents in almost twenty years

Up to 35,000 parents and grandparents to be reunited with families

Mississauga, November 5, 2012
— After the first year of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, major progress has been made in reuniting families more quickly and reducing the backlog of Parent and Grandparent (PGP) program applications, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The 2013 Levels Plan, which was tabled last week, includes the admission of 25,000 parents and grandparents for the second year in a row, for a total of 50,000 between this year and next. This is a 60 percent annual increase from 2010 and the highest level in nearly two decades.

The Action Plan also took immediate steps to address a backlog of PGP applications that had ballooned to approximately 165,000 applicants, with wait times stretching to an unacceptable eight years. By the end of this year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) expects to have reduced the backlog by about 20 percent. Of the applications cleared from the backlog, the majority met the requirements of the program and have been approved.

Furthermore, there has been strong uptake of the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time. The Super Visa is very popular, with over 10,000 Super Visas being issued since its launch in December 2011, and the acceptance rate is high at 87 percent.

“We listened to Canadians who told us the old program with eight-year wait times just didn't work,” said Minister Kenney. “The Harper Government's actions to fix the old broken program are working. Given the popularity of the Super Visa and planned permanent admissions of 25,000 in 2013, we expect to reunite up to 35,000 parents and grandparents with their families next year. This is a significant achievement and the highest number in nearly two decades.”

On March 23, 2012, CIC launched national public consultations on the redesign of the PGP program. Minister Kenney hosted roundtables with stakeholders and public online consultations were launched. The online consultations ran until May 25, 2012, and received a total of 6,444 responses, the highest number of responses ever received by CIC through an online consultation. A detailed summary of the results of the online consultations will be available shortly on CIC's website.

For the PGP program to be sustainable, it must be redesigned to avoid future backlogs. The redesigned program must also be sensitive to fiscal constraints, bearing in mind Canada's generous public health-care system and other social benefits.

“As we work to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, work on the redesign of the PGP program is progressing well,” added Minister Kenney. “As promised, within the next year we expect to launch a modernized PGP program, one that ensures that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program operates on a sustainable basis.