+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012
Hi,

We will be landing soon on Oct. 30. Where can I get the forms for landing and for sin application and goods to follow?
Can someone pls provide the link.
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cjlaila said:
Hi,

We will be landing soon on Oct. 30. Where can I get the forms for landing and for sin application and goods to follow?
Can someone pls provide the link.
Thanks
Read the first page of this thread... You don't need any forms for SIN. Just fill it up in any service canada locations.

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012
steaky said:
Read the first page of this thread... You don't need any forms for SIN. Just fill it up in any service canada locations.
TNX ;D

shazam79

Oct 7, 2011
I would like to add to this post to give some you an idea. I just did my landing and the procedure itself took no more than 5 min.

My background: I was an in-land applicant as I am a temporary worker in Canada. My country of citizenship is visa-exempt (meaning that a tourist visa is not required for us entering Canada).

My landing: When I reached customs (Toronto airport; around 9.30 pm) and provided my passport the officer let me pass pretty much immediately, before I had the chance to explain my 'landing' or even show my valid work permit. I then explained that I am a temporary worker and I have my CoPR with me and I would like to 'land' as a PR - I was then told to proceed to the immigration room (which is within the same area). This room had no waiting line; virtually no-one was there apart from a few people sitting down (probably waiting for an actual interview of some sort). The officer took me straight away. I again mentioned my intention, gave him the CoPR copies (copy for them and a client copy) and my passport. He asked me if I have been convicted of any crimes, married, and have children. Once that was cleared he filled in both forms, I signed at the places that he indicated and he then stamped my passport page and wrote an ID number. He kept his CoPR copy and returned mine. He then said that his copy will go for PR card processing. And that's it, the 'landing' ended.

I asked him about leaving Canada and returning while waiting for my initial PR card. He stated that while a travel document should given to them upon entry, being from a visa-exempt country will pose no issue.

Hope this helps!

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
thanks so much guy for the great info

ladhar25

Sep 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2012
Need Help

i am landing in Nov 2012 from India.
please tell whats docs needed at POE?
My POE is Vancouver but destination is Edmonton, please tell me where my landing formalities will be done. If is is in Vancouver, does any any have Vancouver experience please share with me.
Please any one send me sample of B4 forms.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ladhar25 said:
Need Help

i am landing in Nov 2012 from India.
please tell whats docs needed at POE?
My POE is Vancouver but destination is Edmonton, please tell me where my landing formalities will be done. If is is in Vancouver, does any any have Vancouver experience please share with me.
Please any one send me sample of B4 forms.
You will need your passport, PR visa and your proof of funds unless you applied with a job offer, then you need a copy of that.

If your POE is Vancouver, then you do your landing process in Vancouver.

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
hi everyone! need an answer for this. my copr states that my passport validity is May 14, 2013 and this is what is written in the data page of my passport. however i extended the validity of my passport till september 2013 and this is written in the amendments page of the passport. will this pose a problem during my landing? because basically its the same info written on the data page of my passport. thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
china_eyes188 said:
hi everyone! need an answer for this. my copr states that my passport validity is May 14, 2013 and this is what is written in the data page of my passport. however i extended the validity of my passport till september 2013 and this is written in the amendments page of the passport. will this pose a problem during my landing? because basically its the same info written on the data page of my passport. thanks!
No issues.
I've my pps revalidated thrice, in 3 different pages.
Do not forget to 'flag' the page having the current revalidation -- lest PHEP stamps PRV with the 14-5-13 expiry!

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
qorax said:
No issues.
Do not forget to 'flag' the page having the current revalidation -- lest PHEP stamps PRV with the 14-5-13 expiry!
Hello Captain how are you and the family doing? Warm regards!!!
Tinuade

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Quote from: china_eyes188 on October 21, 2012, 03:54:50 am

No issues.

Hi Qorax!

Sorry quite did not understand what you meant. Please elaborate. Thanks much! Im really anxious about this.

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Hi Qorax and everyone!

Really so anxious about this. As I posted, the data page of my passport corresponds to the data written on my COPR. I extended the validity of the same passport so it is now valid for 4 months longer. This extension is written on the amendments page of the same passport.

I also have another issue. If I renew my passport and get a new one. They will cancel my passport with the immigrants visa and issue me a new passport. Can I still use the immigrant visa on the cancelled passport if this happens?

Thanks to Qorax and everyone. Hope you can ease all these anxiety.

cableguy78

Apr 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for giving me your advice and suggestions on how to proceed with the process of landing.

I am doing my landing this saturday via plane in montreal.

I think i am quite ready for it. I have a few questions -

In the form of goods to follow do i also have to my clothes list - like 10 pairs of shirts, 10 pairs of paints etc in each individual line or can i just put them together in a category called clothes.

Secondly, I am only visiting canada for 5 days currently doing my landing and then coming back to USA. I intend to move permanently to montreal in end of january. Do i need to buy health insurance for those five days? If yes, then can someone tell me where to get it from?

Thirdly, I am carrying $1000 canadian dollars with me. In proof of funds I am carrying my bank statements and they are in US dollars. Is it ok for me to put a front sheet saying that that in canadian conversion it is more than the required amount needed for my landing? Or do I have to convert all the money into canadian dollars?

Thanks & regards
Cableguy

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
cableguy78 said:
Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for giving me your advice and suggestions on how to proceed with the process of landing.

I am doing my landing this saturday via plane in montreal.

I think i am quite ready for it. I have a few questions -

In the form of goods to follow do i also have to my clothes list - like 10 pairs of shirts, 10 pairs of paints etc in each individual line or can i just put them together in a category called clothes.

Secondly, I am only visiting canada for 5 days currently doing my landing and then coming back to USA. I intend to move permanently to montreal in end of january. Do i need to buy health insurance for those five days? If yes, then can someone tell me where to get it from?

Thirdly, I am carrying $1000 canadian dollars with me. In proof of funds I am carrying my bank statements and they are in US dollars. Is it ok for me to put a front sheet saying that that in canadian conversion it is more than the required amount needed for my landing? Or do I have to convert all the money into canadian dollars?

Thanks & regards
Cableguy
You can club under the category "cloths"
Secondly, make sure you complete your formalities regarding PR Card for your return to Canada again.
No need to convert in Canadian Dollars. You need to show sufficient funds as applied to your number of family members.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agshaheryar said:
You can club under the category "cloths"
Secondly, make sure you complete your formalities regarding PR Card for your return to Canada again.
No need to convert in Canadian Dollars. You need to show sufficient funds as applied to your number of family members.
Guys...

Added more information into my website for Newcomers...Please dont forget to check out the blog section
https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks
Chandra