+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Immigrant84

Apr 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2011
Doc's Request.
All documents in order
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 23, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 30, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
LANDED..........
June 21, 2012
Hi Q,
I'll be landing in Canada on June 22, 2012. My final destination is Calgary. My flight route is Delhi - Frankfurt - Montreal - Calgary.
I have a stopover in Montreal and i'll be changing planes. The time between flights is 3:05 hrs.
Is it true that i would have to complete my landing formalities in Montreal? If so, do you think i have enough time for that?
Thanks.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Is there a Initial Permanent card and another PR card? What do we do to get the another PR Card?

steaky said:
You will received your initial card in the mail. Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 to track your PR card now.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Immigrant84 said:
Hi Q,
I'll be landing in Canada on June 22, 2012. My final destination is Calgary. My flight route is Delhi - Frankfurt - Montreal - Calgary.
I have a stopover in Montreal and i'll be changing planes. The time between flights is 3:05 hrs.
Is it true that i would have to complete my landing formalities in Montreal? If so, do you think i have enough time for that?
Thanks.
Hi,

3-hrs is enough, relax. Yes, u'd move thru passport control in Montreal & they'd have ur entry record as well... But, the complete landing formalities would be done at ur final destination, viz. Calgary.

Good luck.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mats said:
Is there a Initial Permanent card and another PR card? What do we do to get the another PR Card?
Just one. Which u'd receive after 6-8 weeks of ur landing, automatically. It's only around 5-yrs hence that u may have to renew it if u haven't received ur citizenship already.

Qorax

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Thanks Captain.I was worried by that statement.
qorax said:
Just one. Which u'd receive after 6-8 weeks of ur landing, automatically. It's only around 5-yrs hence that u may have to renew it if u haven't received ur citizenship already.

Qorax

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Great confusion for proof of fund at the time of Application and at the time of First Entry.

"Skilled workers and professionals: Who can apply—Proof of funds

The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new skilled worker immigrants.

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.

You will need to provide proof of your funds to the Canadian visa office in your home country when you submit your application for immigration.

The amount of money you need to support your family is determined by the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,115
2 $13,837
3 $17,011
4 $20,654
5 $23,425
6 $26,419
7 or more $29,414
You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada.

How much money should you bring?

Find out how much it costs to live where you are planning to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier."

From above reference CIC is asking for proof of funds with specific amount as requirement of Immigration application, but for Proof of Fund at port of entry they are not asking for any spewcific amount but are clearly asking,"Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier."
So its means there is no condition for any specific amount of money as proof of fund at First port of entry.

At least I have not found anywhere at CIC website, that there is need of specific amount of money in the form of any document or hard cash at the time of First entry on the Canadian port, but yes they have advised to "Bring as much money as possible to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier."
Mr.Qorax and other please guide and correct if I am wrong.

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

3-hrs is enough, relax. Yes, u'd move thru passport control in Montreal & they'd have ur entry record as well... But, the complete landing formalities would be done at ur final destination, viz. Calgary.

Good luck.

Qorax
Hello Captain Qorax,
Also in same situation. I will be landing at Calgary but connecting at Toronto. What proceedings will be done at Toronto and will it be different from the Calgary landing process? Also do I have to inform the PO that Calgary is my final destination. Will my COPR be processed and visa s cancelled in Toronto or Calgary?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
OBIE said:
Hello Captain Qorax,
Also in same situation. I will be landing at Calgary but connecting at Toronto. What proceedings will be done at Toronto and will it be different from the Calgary landing process? Also do I have to inform the PO that Calgary is my final destination. Will my COPR be processed and visa s cancelled in Toronto or Calgary?
I believe u r headed for Calgary via Toronto. In which case ur complete landing procedure will be held at Toronto. The referred case was for someone who was travelling thru Quebec as a FSW applicant.

Qorax

OBIE

Feb 1, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
I believe u r headed for Calgary via Toronto. In which case ur complete landing procedure will be held at Toronto. The referred case was for someone who was travelling thru Quebec as a FSW applicant.

Qorax
Thanks a lot Qorax!!!

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
Dear Qorax,

I need your help about landing as I will be landing in Canada by the end of this month.
Can you or anyone tell me how can I send my luggage by cargo? How can i do that as I don't want to have so much luggage with me and I would like to have them follow me and my family?

Thanks in advance

Geribubaboy

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
I'm currently working in Canada, just got my passport back along with the long-awaited PR stamp.
Can I do my landing within Canada? I can't return to my original country as my employer won't give me a leave for that purpose. And I don't have a U.S. visa yet.
I'm living in Surrey, BC.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaotianwu said:
I'm currently working in Canada, just got my passport back along with the long-awaited PR stamp.
Can I do my landing within Canada? I can't return to my original country as my employer won't give me a leave for that purpose. And I don't have a U.S. visa yet.
I'm living in Surrey, BC.
Yes, you can find your answer here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t103136.0.html

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Hi,
Silly question but please reply if anyone can.

Can we take kitchen Knife in our check baggage .

Last year I bought one knife set for over 90£.

Will be hard to throw them.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Aquib said:
Hi,
Silly question but please reply if anyone can.

Can we take kitchen Knife in our check baggage .

Last year I bought one knife set for over 90£.

Will be hard to throw them.
Yes, in ur Checked-In baggages.

australiatocanada

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landing in June 2012 end by grace of GOD
Hi Qorax, ;D

Another silly question from my side.....PLEASE REPLY

Can I take Dry Spices and Ayurvedic / Herbal products in our Checked-In baggages ? ???

Thanks

TINA :D