+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priteevdamle said:
I live in India & my husband resides in the US. We have applied for PR card and now are awaiting to hear from the Immigration dept. I'm the principal applicant, I would like to know more about the landing procedure. Is it possible that I land in Canada first & my husband joins me after couple of months or so?
Yes, the principal applicant may land first or you can both land together. However, your husband can not land before you do.

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We landed in 15 April, 2012 and 3 of my family member got PR card on 22 nd June except th PA. I have tried to call CIC (1 888 242 2100) hundred times but call doesn't reach to the agent. What should I do? We are living in Saskatoon.

Thanks

yrkandel

Jun 23, 2010
I got visa stamped as a permanent resident few days ago. I have a question here. I and my wife are Graduate student in USA. My wife has come here as my dependent but she has got her status changed from F2 to F1 but her visa status is still as F2. Will there be any problem to return USA after going canada for landing. I have heard there will not be problem to return within a month. Do you guys have any experience about this issue? I am driving to canada not flying.
Thank you

srana

Aug 31, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
20-08-2010, update documents sent 27-01-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
n/a
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Unknown
VISA ISSUED...
Unknown
LANDED..........
Unknown
msaleem216 said:
@ vinpar

same situation was with our forum friend nano who is uae. he came after 15 days of landing.he applied in canada embessy uae for reenter. and embessy issue him PR visa with validity of three months. for this purpose he filled forms of three pages. you shold contact embessy. of ur ex residence from whrer u will fly
saleem

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Dear Experts (Q, L) & all,
I am planning to reach canada at the end of the year. I have few doubts here-
***Do I need to bring the full amount that we show in bank as a proof of fund?***
(I will be in Canada for mostly one month to get landed. But I don't have that much money as well?)

Please help if anybody has an answer / advice. ***If not what is the minimum amount that I need to bring along or need to show immigration officer in Canada after landed*** We are family of four members [husband-wife, two kids (8 & 1 years)]
Please, Please help.............. :eek:

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first of all million of thanks for making our Canada immigrtion experc a smooth one dear Qorax...
i wanna correct here that all my landing formalities were completed at Montreal airport itself though i had onward journey ticket to Toronto via Air Canada...
I went thru following at Montrael airport--
1.Filled disembarkation form in Plane before landing at Montreal--->

2. went downstairs at Montreal airport--->Passport was stamped and disembarkation(Canadian Customs form) collected---->

3. collected baggage----->

4.proceeded to Canadian immigration n customs counters(they r on a single desk/counter )...Canadian Border Seecurity Agency agent took our passports n COPR papers...asked me to read COPR for any error....then asked us to wait...then he handed over to me my prefilled goods to follow(b4) list and it was stamped...he handed over to me some landing form which he said is very important n should be placed in a safe place....he asked me abt my address in Canada where PR card should be despatched...then he gave back our passports n congratulated us n confirmed that all landing formalities r complete n there is no formality for Toronto airport as Montreal-Toronto is a domestic flight----->

5.Proceeded to Air Canada counters for boarding pass for my kid which was not issed in Delhi--->Boarded Air Canada plane for Toronto---->

AT TORONTO AIRPORT---

6.Put a 2 dollar coin in machine for taking the trolley at Toronto airport....Collected baggage at Toronto airport n there were no landing formailities at Toronto airport---->---->my friend took us to his house....Thats it

Hunnia

Jun 19, 2012
Dear,
I, with my husband, plan to land in Calgary by end of Aug 2012.
We are also expecting our first baby around end Nov and it makes us more nerves about coming to an entirely new place with minimum information about it.
Have so many questions like;
What kind of challenges we may have face with a 6 month permanent lady especially when winter is setting in?
What kind of housing/place is better for woman in this condition?
How to find a rented place to live and which area (crime free and with good access/transport/train system)?
Should we plan to buy a vehicle or we can survive without it there?
How much a good condition second hand pickup truck/car usually cost?
What on avg. monthly budget we should plan for a family of two + a baby?
Being Muslim I would also look for information about hilal food, Mosques and Muslim community etc
Huh...and so many more.......
PLEASE! Share your experiences advises and provide as much information as possible even beyond aforementioned questions
God bless you all
Thanks

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Dear BROTHER QORAX,

Thank you for being of great help to me in time past.Your advise has brought hope to me

We did our medicals on May 3,,2012. My wife was about 5months pregnant then.
We did not anticipate much delay in receiving PPR from Accra embassy

Sir, you are quite aware that most airlines has restriction on pregnant women.

What do we do if we received our PPR and the time has exceeded the period allowed by airline.
Can we differ the visa collection till the baby is delivered?

How do we go about the whole process

Thank you sir

yrkandel

Jun 23, 2010
I recently got approved my permanent resident application in canada. I am planning to go canada, Manitoba driving my car. My car is new, I bought it a month ago and I donot have title. It was financed by Toyota. I will stay in canada just for couple days and will return back in USA. My question is can I take my car into Canada without title and it is not paid off.
Thank you,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yrkandel said:
I recently got approved my permanent resident application in canada. I am planning to go canada, Manitoba driving my car. My car is new, I bought it a month ago and I donot have title. It was financed by Toyota. I will stay in canada just for couple days and will return back in USA. My question is can I take my car into Canada without title and it is not paid off.
Thank you,
It completely depends on immigration. There are some rules stating that PR's of Canada should not be driving cars on US plates. I am sure this was supposed to refer only to PR's who are living in Canada and not PR's who are living in the US at the time but some immigration officers take it literally. Worst case I have heard was people who were denied to land unless they either imported their car to Canada then and there or leave it behind. If you want to avoid trouble, don't go with the car. Btw, you can not import it without the title or permission from the company that financed it.

immi_aspirant

Apr 1, 2012
Dear Qorax,

I would like to appreciate & congratulate you for the big hardwork and exceptional effort put in by you in helping out so many the users forum around the globe.

I have sent my medical results along with the RPRF and passport's of myself and my dependants(Spouse and daughter).

I have a query w.r.t to landing,which I think you OR senior members will be the best to answer.

If things go our way and with the grace of GOD,we expect our PP's with the stamping by the end of July 2012 and plan to land in september-october.Please help us in choosing one of the two available options.

A)All of us go together.Me and my spouse does all the landing formalities (like apply for her PR card and SIN number) and goes back to India, to retrun after 5-6 months.

Queries:

i)How can I send her and child's PR card back home(India) before they plan to come permanently(5-6 months later)?

ii)Do we need to declare the list of goods that will follow later at the time of landing.

iii)Can I apply for my(PA) health card and start using it and apply for thier health cards once they land later? Will their card's come come in the three months period then?

iv)Should I take my med.insurance for the first three months and later take another policy for them also?

v)What all docs I need to send over to them to prove that I(PA) landed 5 months back and they are joining me now?

OR

B)I go alone and my wife and child follow later (before their PR expiration date)

i) Does this go smoothly or their might be some gliches for them? Do they need to be cautios when dealing with immigration officers.

ii)What all docs I need to send over to them to prove that I(PA) landed 5 months ago(ALONE) and they are joining me now?

iii)Do I need to show the POF for all three of us, first time I land. Or is it necessary for her also to show POF when my spouse enter canada at POE.

Your expert advice and guidance will help us plan our landing in a better way.

Thanks & Regards,
Immi_Aspirant

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
POSITIVE said:
first of all million of thanks for making our Canada immigrtion experc a smooth one dear Qorax...
i wanna correct here that all my landing formalities were completed at Montreal airport itself though i had onward journey ticket to Toronto via Air Canada...
I went thru following at Montrael airport--
Thanks to you as well for all the info..

rajspeeder

Dec 13, 2011
Hi All,

I am visiting niagara falls with my parents,wife,kid on New York side.
myself, spouse, kid will go to canada for canada landing and whereas parents will be enjoying the niagara falls from USA.

I was planning to complete landing procedure on the same day and return back immediately to USA. Within 2-4 hours, i plan to return to USA.

Do you think, the canada officer will refuse to complete the landing procedure or refuse to send the P.R. card, if the visit is for short duration.

SF2005

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi Raj,
Take a look at my post. I landed at Niagara a few days ago.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-but-io-did-not-process-pr-application-t110120.0.html

All the best,
SF2005